TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....

Online Users: 1,266 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3,307

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Re: TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 8:40 AM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Missed The Bachelor last night =(
Anyone know of a website where I can get an explanation of what happened? Or does anyone have a minute to give me essential details?
Thanks much appreciated!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

LOVE having Chuck back on the air - they are doing a great job with the show. Still in love with Make it or Break it as well.

I'm enjoying Southland on TNT as well. I didn't catch it when it was originally aired - they are re-airing the shows already recorded and based on how well it does or does not do they may tape more shows.

White Collar is on tonight at 10 PM too. Woot!!

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 5:56 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

The Bachelor was GREAT last night except for the fact that Jake seems to be all depressed the whole time. He went on a one on one with Vienna. They went bungie jumping off a bridge and I thought Jake was going to pass out he was so panicked. I thought they had a good date and he gave her a rose. Even tho all the girls in the house seem to hate her. She's not my fav but she can be a little dramatic. Then he went a group date and told Michelle to leave. THANK GOD!!! He looked so sad to kiss her and afterwards she was all like "wtf was that?" What a bitch! He didn't give a rose out on the group date. Then he went on a one on one with Ella (my fav) and surprised her by bringing her son on the show. They went to SeaWorld and you could tell they had a GREAT time. I loved their date. He gave her a rose too. At the cocktail party Vienna interrupted Jake and Elizabeth and Elizabeth threw a big hissy fit but it didn't really matter because Jake sent her and some girl I don't even remember even being on the show home. I'm glad Michelle and Elizabeth are gone.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Keyholder of the TP Cabinet of P.O.O.P.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Bachelor

Thank GOD he got rid of Fruit Loop. It was like she wanted him to beg her to stay and he wasn't going to do that. I am glad she is gone. She was so totally unhinged and a complete attention whore. I hate that.

I am also glad Elizabeth was sent home. She kept saying she should have kissed him. That wasn't the issue. The issue was she was screwing with his head. You don't tell somebody not to kiss you, and the keep putting your lips 2 micrometers from their's saying how great a kiss would be. Not cool.

Not that I am a fan of Vienna, but I think the people in the house are too harsh. Ok, so she came home and talked about the date. They all do it when they get back. If you can't deal with it, you don't belong there. I kind of liked Corrie before, but after the comedy thing, I view her really differently. I think if she wanted Jake to know, she should have dragged someone else's name through the mud on stage.

I like Ella, and Jake was great with her son, but I don't know. I don't think she is the one for him. Right now my favorites are Ali and Tenley. I really like them both. They are kind of sweet and down to earth.

Biggest Loser

I knew it!! I knew the Red team would turn out to be asshats. I love how she is claiming she didn't throw the weigh-in. Please. What a load of crap. They are playing the game and I hope it bites them in the bottom real soon. Melissa is some psycho combination of Tracy, Helen and Vicki.

I really don't like the Green team. I honestly don't think they are going to make changes after they go home. They keep saying they are here to lose weight, no change who they are. Um, some of who you are needs to change or you won't keep the weight off. If you hide your feeling with food, that has to change for the lessons on the ranch to make a difference.

I still really like Michael. Yea he needs to get his butt in gear. I just find it funny that people notice him not working out enough and yet it totally escapes everyone that Melissa really might not be doing much either. WTF?!

Still waiting for a reason to care about the rest of the contestants. I like Sam and Koli, but I am pretty indifferent to everyone else. I gotta say, I am really proud that no one went hardcore after the control of the game during the temptation. I guess people learned something by watching Tracy and what happened last season.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Edited by: Bride2008 on Jan 20, 2010 2:11 PM

JerseyGirlVA Posts : 311 Registered: 9/17/09
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Thank you Ladies!
Sounds like Jake made the right move by sending Michelle & Elizabeth home.
Tenley, Ali & Ella are definitely my favorites so far! I think that a lot of the girls on this season are date-able to a guy like Jake so it's going to make his decision a tough one.
Thanks again for the update!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 20, 2010 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

BACHELOR: Im also glad Fruit Loop Michelle went home, and I have to say I am really beginning to like Jake. I mean, I liked him before the show even started because of his standup behavior when he told Jillian about Wes being a phony who was only there to promote his record sales (yeah, THAT worked out well for him, didnt it? LMAO!) --- but he keeps proving that he is very smart and knows when women are being fake. He was really stressed at the cocktail party and you could tell he was annoyed by 900 people telling him how much they all HATE Vienna. I cant decide how I feel about her, but I do feel like the women in the house are kind of overreacting to her. Whatever. Michelle was PSYCHOTIC, and when she pretty much ordered him to kiss her and he did and it was all awkward .... then she goes "thats IT? what the hell was THAT?" ... another awkward pause ... then Michelle says "I think I should go home." Pause. Jake says: "You know what Michelle? I think that would be best." YES!!!! He totally called her bluff, then she goes inside and tries to twist it, saying to everyone, "He sent me packing!" um no bitch...you said you wanted to go home, so he said Fine, leave you freak!

I also totally think Jake is smart and not just a cute, boneheaded guy because he totally questioned Elizabeth on her weirdass behavior. You know, lots of guys, especially in that kind of position, would have just taken her flirtations as positive, and then made a move on her. Jake said "What youre diong is not cool. Dont tease me. Dont tell me not to kiss you and then constantly put your hands all over me. Thats not right." And when he said that to her, she STILL kept it up with her dumb giggling and flirty atitude. She was super annoying and Im glad she went home. Basically he said that he was totally confused as to what she wanted , and who can blame him? She was whacked in the head. "dont ever kiss me ....... oh my god,, Im SUCH a good kisser. Do you WANt to kiss me?" Seriously. shut up.

I thought Ella and him had great chemistry and seemed like a real family. I like her a lot, shes definately the most REAL of the women, just a normal girl. Tenley is okay, her voice annoys me though lol, and I like Ali a lot too, but I hope she doesnt get too wound up in this whole Vienna bullshit and make herself look bad. Looks like they might get into it more next week.

I laughed my ass off last week when they went in the plane and played "On the Wings of Love"... I was like THIS IS THE CHEESIEST SHOW EVER!!!! lol. So freakin retarded.

Oh, and as a comedian, can I just say watching all those women attempting standup comedy was truly truly PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh.

BIGGEST LOSER: Still bored. I feel like they are TRYING to make the green team all dramatic and exctiing, but I totally DONT CARE. THey are sooooooooo boring. That whole dramatic scene with whats her face leav ing the gym and Jillian chasing her, then Bob chasing her, blah blah blah. BO.RING. could her personality be any more boring? Seriously, theres noone FUN in this cast. Bunch of snoozers. THe red team definately threw the weigh-in, but again, dont really care. Im just having a tough time connexcting to anyone at all in this cast.

AMERICAN IDOL: Good times again. Love the auditions. Chicago had attitude, tonights looks good , love it when someone gets kicked out. Shania Twain was kind of bland, personalitywise as a judge. Two or three great voices, too bad I cant remember any of them righ tnow. Its too early ....

Anyone watch Modern Family? Other than GLEE, its the BEST new show on TV. VERY FUNNY. If you haven seen it, check it out tongiht at 9pm.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: JerseyGirlVA

No Idol review??? Or is everyone waiting until after tonight?
I'm starting to think having a "celebrity" judge really is doing nothing for the show. Although my hatred for Kara is already starting to flare.
I liked the 1st girl who auditioned with the curly blonde fro. Great voice and I'm hoping she makes it far. John Parks was great and I wanted to hear more of him. And all the "sexual" jokes made me feel like I was in HS again. And I'm really glad Angela came back. I remember her from Season 7 and I hope she blows everyone away. She really is a good singer. And can we not even talk about that Army guy? Just wow....did anyone else get the Gomer Pile idea?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 5:59 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Guess we were posting at the same time. I totally agree about that moment when they played "on the wings of love" even I the cheesiest person I know was like "wow...lame" lol but it still made me smile and laugh. And I didn't think ANY of the girls were funny...

Kelley, no comment on the AWFUL Army guy Idol audition? What about that girl that was obsessed w/ Ryan? ha ha

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Last nights IDOL: The very last guy, the one who robbed a bank when he was 15, looooved his voice. He also sang one of my favorite songs, Trouble. Great voice, very real. Liked him a lot. The weirdass dude before him who sounded like a lawnmower ...he was so creepy when he wouldnt leave the damn room and just kept singing ...so funny when they handcuffed him ...and then in the empty room, Simon says "So, is it a yes or no?" So funny. I found the sisters from New Jersey to be really annoying. Okay voices I guess, but yuck, they were irritating , especially the way they were listening to one another as if it was genius they were hearing. Please. I liked the guy with the autistic son .... I agree that so far the guest judges havent added much, although as a person and performer, I do LOOOVE Kristen Chinoweth, so I didnt mind her being there, shes awesome. But generally yeah, they are kind of pointless.

Looking forward to George Clooneys Haiti telethon/concert tomorrow night, as well as the very last Tonight Show with Conan OBrian. So sad. He better come back ....somewhere... in September. Love him.

Tonight Ill be watc hing The Office, 30Rock, Community, Parks and Rec.

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Was so happy to be able to watch part of AI last night. It was really wierd-the guy they dragged off-he was pretty much on key- just totally wacked out voice- almost like he was trying to be horrible. Agreed that the gentleman who learned that taking a beebee gun into a bank is not the best way to get a loan had the best performance of the night. The NJ sisters looked like they were just trying to get out where they might get a shot at a date with Hugh Hefner. Don't think they will last long. What channel is Modern Family on? Maybe I'll get to watch it on the computer.

Not looking forward to another night of driving around in the pouring rain.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Luv - Modern Family is on ABC.

P.O.O.P.E.R. - People Offended by Offended People Executive Recruiter

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Forgot to mention the sisters. I didn't like them and didn't think they'd make it. I disagreed with Simon about them though. I thought the one in the yellow dress was much better.

Kelley - Have you been keeping up with South Park?

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

AmyJustin2010 Posts : 201 Registered: 1/18/10
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 8:30 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Biggest Loser: I do also feel like it just ended. But I like the grey team. I like teams that are all business and no BS. I HAAAAAATE the red team. You came here to lose weight. The game is important, but winning the game isn't going to put the years back on your life that you want to. I was honestly conflicted with the green team. I hate the fact that they were so isolated and had a bad attitude. BUT, with that said, I understand the young one (cant keep the names straight for my life) wanting to go home. I'd want to go home and see my husband off to Afghannyland too. I would do the exact same thing she did.

24: Anyone else here watch 24? I love Jack Bauer. So much. I won't go on and on and on about this season 'till I get confirmation that anyone else here watches it. It's one show that FH and I both absolutely love watching. It's the best.

Anyone else excited for Survivor again?????? Russell is back. We loved him. He should have won last season.

AmyJustin2010.Weebly.Com

Amy & Justin--Buffalo Sabres Fanatics :) 

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: AmyJustin2010

Biggest Loser: I agree about the gray team. When the one guy started bawling his eyes out because he got to talk to his mommy on the phone, I totally started loving him LOL. THat was so damn cute. He misses his parents and hes like 40. Love it.

Green team I still find soooooooooooooo boring, their dumb drama, their lameass anger, how they fold their arms all the time, god they are just soooo boring. They both have major emotional issues but I just DONT CARE about them at all, they just freakin bore me. Im glad one of them went home...the daughter... now if we can get rid of MIGGY (dumbest name EVER) we can move on with life. Shes super annoying too.

As for the red team, yeah, the wife IS lying and shes such a bullshitter for pretending like shes all offended with the trainers, BUT again I soooo dotn care about them either. BO-RING.

I like the grey team, I like John, I think thats his name, the one whose brother went home, hes in brown... I like Michael and Im glad he dropped 15?pounds this week ...

Thats all I can think of right now. This cast is still by far the lamest one yet, but theres a few Im starting to at least give a crap about. Sort of.

IDOL: Watching right now actually, and looove that Neil Patrick Harris was judging ... he was pretty funny, but seemed a bit pompous actually. I dunno. And who the hell is this second judge? I must have missed when they said who he is, who the hell is he? He looks like a 12yr old.

Really like the guy that was in Color Purple with Fantasia, awesome voice. Liked the girl who was jazzy and who Simon hated but NPH loved. and the very first girl with the sign and who wouldnt leave and kept signing and was awful .......she was NUTS. This last girl Christian is really good too.

I cant even remember last nights episode anymore lol.

THE BACHELOR: Okay, in one breathe I think Jake is sooo smart because he gets rid of the women the SECOND he knows they are not the right match for him, and because he isnt afraid to let FOUR PEOPLE go in one night like he did last night .... the fact that he let both Ella and whats her name go on the 2 on 1 date was kind of cool becaus he didnt see himself with either of htem ......BUT then in the same breath I keep thinking hes an idiot because he continues to keep VIENNA who just seems soooooo lame and phony and shallow and so nothing special .... I dont get it. Most of these girls annoy the crap out of me.

Tenley. What kidn of name is that? And that voice, my god. Annoying. GIA -where do I begin? the girl is dumb as a rock. "Wow Ive always wanted to go to a vineyard.... ...... I want a pot belly pig" blah blah blah.......shes just........odd. And she talks liek Minny Mouse adn her mouth is all f'ed up .... I just find her entire prresence weird. And she talks like shes12. Shesounds like a child. I feel like she has a retainer in her mouth or something. So weird.

And Cora??whatever the F her name is, looks like a horse. Mr. Ed, to be more specific. Corey.
I like Ali but does she only own yellow clothing? Wear another color.

Im glad Ashleigh went home too, she was getting on my nerves. When she cried at the end after being sent home.... so lame. Waaaahhhh!!! Vienna over ME? Over MEEE???? Yes , over you. Youre not that great. Get over it.

Still need to watch House, Men of a Certain Age.......

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 12:52 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - I loved NPH on Idol and thought him and Katy were the one 2 judges that actually added anything to the show. I had to ask my friends who the hell Joe was. LAME. I agree w/ the color purple girl and the Turrets guy. LOVED them. No comment on the meatloaf model wannabe? I wanted to have him arrested. I can't b/l he gave Ryan his #! The hispanic guy whose parents were in a gang was really good I thought too. I'm glad they sent him through.

As far as the Bachelor, I like how Jake can just get rid of the girls he knows isn't right for him no problem but V.I.E.N.N.A.!?!?!? I just don't understand it. I guess it makes for good ratings. For Jillian it was Wes, for Jake it's Vienna. I laughed at Ashleigh when she left too...the whole time the girls are like "If Vienna is what he wants, then I'm not for him." But the second he picked a Vienna over one of them they're all like "really? over ME?" lol yeah, you!

DOLLHOUSE: FINALLY am a little more caught up and it's going EXTREMELY fast which I HATE b/c it was cancelled and they're just zooming by with the episodes. BIG SHOCKER: BOYD??????!!!!! Wow. And I'm annoyed that Topher is so all over Bennett. It's just not like his character although the guy is a fab actor.

TOSH.O - Anyone else watch his show? I just think he is so funny. I ALWAYS laugh during his show.

Mrs. Pinky

Photobucket

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine