TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....

Online Users: 1,354 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3,307

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 11:24 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Moments? When are the moments when he DOESNT seem gay? lol. Yeah --- hes gay.

Whenever someone writes the word SPOILER and then continues to spoil an ending etc, I never have the willpower to stop reading, so i just read it anyway lol. Anyone else do that? So Jerry goes home? That sucks. Yeah I have to catch up on it today - at some point - since I dvred it and watched Idol live. I will continue to do that since I like Idol better and dont care if I wait a day to see Loser. But Ill watch it soon. Why did Jerry go home? He lost the least amount of weight I assume? So weird since the week before he lost sooo much and that was even when he went to the hospital.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Jerry only lost 1lb and Daniel has a 1lb penatly for the challenge because he came in last, so they both fell below the yellow line. Everyone voted for Jerry because they felt he is older and had been thin in the past, so it will be easier for it at home with his wife. Wait till you see the episode - Bob freaks out. It was worse than Jillian's craziness.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 11:38 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley and anyone else who watches House, you guys did NOT miss it, it comes back next Monday. How do I know? Cause I have a stupid oral argument the day after, which means I"ll be working and will have to DVR House. But, didn't miss it.

24 is back, so we're watching the DVR of that cause it's DH's favorite. And of course Idol. Don't know about the new judge. Don't know about the rest of the changes yet. I don't really like when they change stuff up but maybe it'll be good.

Hate the bikini whore and all the time they spent showing her. ick. THAT is one thing I don't like about Idol, the staginess and putting the bimbos through, which they do every season. But oh well. It is still entertaining.

I loved the blond/pink hair with tattoos. Great voice. DH hates tattoos so much that they distract him although he does like her voice. There's a high school kid this year who reminded me of archuleta, boring in the EXTREME. So he'll probably make it through too.

Looking forward to more horrible try outs tonight. :)

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Okay, so is Jillian another contestant on Biggest Loser, or the trainer? I bought a DVD from Jillian to work out with at home, and I can't tell if I like her or not. She's kinda self-serious and it makes me want to hurt her a little. I watch Work Out on Bravo with Jackie warner, and also have her DVD and I really like her. She's got energy, but she isn't "peppy" -- just kinda matter of fact.

So do you like Jillian?

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 11:44 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Cyndi what other changes were there to the show other than the new judge? I didnt notice anything but I keep hearing they made some changes. I like changes as long as they make sense. Makes the show more interesting and different. Allowing the audience to vote Seacrest off the show would be a good change LOL. For example, I liked the change last year where they allowed people to play instruments, I thought it was great because it allowed us to see diff. styles of talent ,piano, guitar, etc rather than just people singing.

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 11:51 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Jillian is the trainer. She takes it VERY seriously, which is something the people on the show need. The average person probably doesn't though. I like her though. I am lazy when it comes to working out - so feeling like she is gonna yell at me through the DVD keeps me going.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

savex389 Posts : 506 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 11:55 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

That high school kid that made it to hollywood, guess where he's from? yup, Taylorsville, Utah the neighboring city to Mr, Archie!

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 12:07 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Here's what we found, Kelley.

By Andy Dehnart
msnbc.com contributor
updated 6:09 p.m. MT, Thurs., Dec. 11, 2008
f

"American
Idol" will have several changes to its format when it debuts in
mid-January, according to an internal Fox memo posted online.

The
memo reveals that for its semifinal round, "American Idol 8" will have
36 instead of 24 contestants; the audition episodes will be reduced
while the pre-semifinal Hollywood round episodes will be increased; the
wild card round will return, giving eliminated contestants the chance
to compete for one of the top 12 finalist spots; the show's focus on
"bad singers" will be minimized; and “Idol Gives Back,” the show's
charity telethon, will not air this year.

The memo, identified as the FOX Network Program Executive Council December 2008 minutes, was published by MJ's Big Blog, a site focusing on "American Idol" news that's run by Boston-based computer network administrator MJ Santilli.

The memo also revealed that "there will be a
couple of more 2-hour shows than in the past" and that the series'
"promotional thrust will have fewer bad singers and more 'aspirational'
singers."

getCSS("3088867")Although
the memo says no Thursday episodes are planned, the show will have the
"same overall number of hours as last year," but with some changes to
those episodes' focus. Last spring, the Hollywood round was reduced to
two episodes instead of three; season eight will likely have four
episodes, since two episodes air every week and the memo says "there
will be 3 weeks of auditions and 2 weeks of Hollywood rounds." The
change in the audition episodes schedule means there will be three
weeks of audition episodes; last year, there were four.

The document also revealed that the series' "promotional thrust will have fewer bad singers and more 'aspirational' singers."

Fox
is currently airing one promotion for the show that features winner
David Cook dreaming about his experience on the show, and another that
suggests a bad female singer was advanced in the competition because of her physical appearance.

"Idol
Gives Back" has aired over two nights for each of the past two seasons,
but last spring, executive producer Cecile Frot-Coutaz told the Associated Press
that she wanted the charity event "to take a break, personally. ... I
think that's the right amount of time. I don't think you should go back
to the country and ask them to donate every single year. I think it's
too much. Every two years to me feels right."

Previously, "American Idol," which is the top-rated television program in the United States, announced it was adding a fourth judge, Kara DioGuardi.

Season eight debuts Jan. 13.

More on "American Idol"

Andy Dehnart is a writer who publishes reality blurred, a daily summary of reality TV news. Find him on Facebook.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

IDOL:

Pink tatted girl was good. Didn't realize HOW good until I heard the original song on the radio then the way she sang it right after and thought, wow...that was REALLY good!

New judge is a good addition b/c of her experience. I like her so far.

And I agree, bikini chick needs to put some clothes on and come back and everyone will see she's not THAT great.

Save is this who you were talking about living next to Archie? --> I like the geeky kid with the long face and frizzy hair towards the end but his voice reminds me of Clay Aiken...who I do love but AI doesn't need another one.

I also like that dark skinned guy whose dad cried when he got a golden ticket. He had a pretty good voice but NO ONE every gets far who looks like him. I can only think of 1 guy who got like top 10 but I have no idea what his name was.

I love the kinda blind guy too. Great voice. Needs to be on broadway.

And that deep voice guy CREEPED me out!!! Lol...

Sexual Chocolate? Really? Get some muscles and go model, you can't sing.

Mrs. Pinky

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 5:51 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Thanks Cyndi. Those changes dont sound like anything too drastic. No biggie.

Just watched The Biggest Loser that I taped from last night, It was awesome. I looooved the ending where they showed Jerry and Estella and how far they have come on their own. OMG they look amazing, I cant believe he has lost over 80pounds!! Wow. They look awesome. So Im happy for him,and I hope that Daniel has the same kind of success by staying on the show.

As far as the blowup with whats his face the trainer, that was soooo funny. I loved when he told Joelle to shut the F up and just DO IT!!! She is sooo weird with all her "talking to herself" b.s. that she does ... that was just funny when he went off on her like that.

On an unrelated note though, does anyone else think they work them waaaay too hard on that show? I mean, sometimes I gotta wonder why people like Jerry end up in the hospital, or people are throwing up on the side while working out, or cant breathe literally, or other stuff. I just think when youre 300pounds or very overweight, you cant just go from doing nothing to SIX hours of exercise per day at the rate they have them going at. It seems dangerous! And Jilian is sooo damn mean I would be crying and not be able to breathe too. No way I could do the stuff they are doing, I just am always so afraid theyre going to get hurt or pass out etc. It seems too much for people of that size. I feel like they need to start off slower and then build it up some. Its not healthy to be losing that much weight all at once like that. I know its a tv show, but it just bugs me when they are working their asses off and the trainers STILL arent happy. Um, I doubt Jilian has ever know what it feels like to be 300plus pounds. You can barely walk without pain never mind climb a mountain.

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: mrspinky

Ya Kelley for some reason they are all competing to see who can kiss him first/have a better kiss this season. You are right, they are all trying to force chemistry. It is silly but that is part of the fun!

Idol - I liked the blind guy, he would be great on broadway. Noone really stood out to me yet though. The bikini girl was just ridiculous. It is a TALENT show, not a parade around showing off your T&A show for crying out loud! She had an ok voice but not good enough to win. I like how Paula and the new judge (what is her name?) put her in her place. I was kind of surprised Simon put her through so quickly - that is not usually in his character to do. She won't go far though. Would she have made it if she was dressed???

Sexual chocolate? Please, are you trying to get in based on a "sexy name"? LOL.

Hopefully tonight will have some more talent - I want to see someone stand out.

Posted: Jan 14, 2009 7:43 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

It does seem like a lot of a work out Kelley, you're right. I know I couldn't do it. However, I doubt that the entire 6 hours is 6 hours of what we see on tv. I am sure there is a lot of less intensive stuff that we don't see because it just doesn't make good tv. I also doubt they do 6 straight hours. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon - otherwise their meals wouldn't be spaced correctly. I hope to God they are under medical supervision otherwise NBC could have huge lawsuits on their hands if someone really got hurt.

Wow I just put entirely too much thought into that.

Jillian is an absolutely b*tch, but for some reason I love her.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

Edited by: Bride2008 on Jan 14, 2009 7:43 PM

karebeartg Posts : 831 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Does anyone watch 24? If so, is there anything important that I should know between.. oh...seasons 1 and now that's super relavant to the show. I watched season 1, then stopped. FH watches it religiously, but I never watched it with him since it was a "boy's night" show. Now, we live in the middle of nowhere, so there's no "boy's night," and I get to watch 24.

I actually am finding it somewhat enjoyable. I've figured out who Chloe, Bill and Tony are, but apparently I'm really bad at picking out which plot parts are important. I watched the 2 hour Redemption special with FH - all I remember is the plotline with the African children, which was apparently NOT the important plot.

To totally change topics, Biggest Loser-wise, I'm pretty sure both that the contestants are closely monitored by a doctor and that the contestants probably sign giant air-tight liability waivers so they won't sue if they get injured.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 12:43 PM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

IDOL -

Okay so I'm from KC and I have to say, there were a LOT of fugly looking ppl that tried out this year. I mean GEEZZ!!!! Anyway...

Michael Castro was good. I wasn't surprised he got through. Looking forward to him during Hollywood week.

The "sympathy" guy who was all like "very very very very very good" sucked. I noticed during the recap of Hollywood week he said "you suck as judges" so I'm guessing he's out.

Daniel Gokey made Richard and I bought cry. Him and his BFF were fantastic!

The chick at the end with 3 kids I see getting to the top 10. She was great. BIG voice!

The "cat" girl was just unbelievable....she REALLY thought she could sing.

Asa Barns (band director) impresses me. Didn't think he was gunna be good.

The "Harold and Kumar" looking guy who they said looked like he had a meeting with Bill Gates was AMAZING!!! Totally unexpected!!! He's a fav of mine voice wise but damn he needs a makeover. I hope he gets through Hollywood week.

Mrs. Pinky

vday.gif picture by jenny3_26_05

Our Wedding Website 

My mom: "Xanax - sometimes I will take a half and it really eases tension and keeps me from being less of raving bitch."

My friend: "Alcohol just makes the floor hate me even more."

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: karebeartg

Sorry I dont watch 24 but I know lots of others do.
I tried once but couldnt take the hard quick camera angles. Sounds weird I know, but it makes me dizzy. Biggest Loser - yeah Im sure they are watched by doctors, but still, it just seems like a HELL of a lot of exercising for people of that size to be doing. Its not good for your heart to go from doing nothing to doing all that in one day! I dont know.

So Idol last night was okay. I wish they would show more funny horrible people though lol. There arent enough this season and I love laughing at them.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine