TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....

Online Users: 1,271 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3,307

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Re: TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

TV viewing has really sucked recently. Unless it's astronomy or old westerns my dh isn't inclined to turn it on. And I've had no desire to arm wrestle for the TV with the garbage that has been on.

Maggie and Tom-8-31-08

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Mandy I guess thats where we are different. You find the phony catfighting women funny or entertaining - while I find it intolerabl lol. I just HATE them.

Im excited to see the Kenndy Center Honors Tonight on CBC9pm. I always love that show. THis year they are honoring Streisand, George Jones, Morgan Freeman, Pete Townsend, and Roger Daltry. ALL people I love. SHould be really good.

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 10:51 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ok ladies, last reminder about the bachelor tomorrow. Is noone else watching but me and maybe Kelley???

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 11:57 AM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Mandy Ill TRY lol. But Im still at my parents house so itll be hard since IM sure they have zero interest in watching that crap and its their tv and all lol... but eventually Ill put it on just might not catch episode one . Ill have to see how much I can take of those awful shallow women with their fake tits and bleached hair. Yuck.

WATCH OUT "Bleight-ers".TEAM KICK-ASS (LittleRoo,Cyclist,MrsFord,OldAmy and Kelley) are going to KICK. YOUR. ASS!!!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 4:53 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Ok well definitely try hard! Where is Meagan? She used to love the bachelor too.

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 12:06 AM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

I dunno,maybe Meghan decided to leave her man and try out for The Bachelor and we will be seeing her on tv tomorow LOL.

Hey IDOL starts Tues Jan 13!!!!

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

LOL, well I hope she comes back to talk about it!

I just saw a commercial for Idol yesterday - next Tuesday! Can't wait!

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Mandy I dont think Ill be able to see Bachelorette tonight. Im home alone right now with my dad and only one TV .... I highly doubt he will want to watch that. lol.

Youll have to tell me all the filthy details,although the commercial I saw made me sick enough with all those dumb women - one of which said something like "oh my god I think its HOT that you have a son." Hot?

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hmmm, isn't anyone watching the bachelor?

Kelley, it was too bad you missed it, it looks like a good one!

All these women know that Jason is a single dad and quite a few of them have kids of their own. One of them is a widow, her husband died in a plane crash when her daughter was 10 weeks old. Another is divorced and I think the majority are just single moms. One girl quit her job to come on the show - she was a spanish teacher and she couldn't get the time off work so she quit because she really wanted to meet Jason.

There is one girl, Shannon, who is a dental hygienist. She is driving me crazy. All you hear her saying is "I am a dental hygienist" "I am a dental hygienist" - ok we get it! She told Jason he had beautiful teeth and when she talks she is all teeth. She also knew so much about him, like she had researched him before coming on the show and he seemed a bit freaked out by her but he kept her. At the end of the show he had to get rid of 10 and he kept her and the one who quit her job and also the widow.

They had a bit of a twist on this episode - Chris told the girls they were to vote for one girl to leave and Jason had no say. So they voted and this girl Megan was voted out. I didn't really see much about her so I don't know why they chose her but she was really upset. Then Chris said "Megan you are voted out.....with a rose" so it was a trick. So now Megan knows a lot of girls don't like her but she is staying.

He gave the first impression rose to Nikki. She is beautiful and was so decent when they first met that I knew she would get it! I never guess right about anything so I was happy I was right, LOL.

So it showed previews for the season and of course there are cat fights and everyone is crying but also guess who comes back??? Deanna! She comes back and the girls are pissed! It shows her and Jason talking and she is saying "I made a huge mistake" and all this and the impression is that she is asking for him to take her back. I don't really think that is what is going to happen. I think she just came to see him and they are making it seem like she wants him back.

Anyways that was long - can you tell I am excited about the show? It really looks good Kelley so if you get a chance to watch next week you definitely should!

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Mandy you are so funny lol Thanks for the recap of all the BS I missed last night, I did see the first 45min or so, so I saw when they intorduced all the women and said a bit about each one. The dental hygenist girl automatically annoyed me lol. And as usual, some of them just look sooo fake - one woman has painted in eyebrows and they are just too damn high and arched it looks awful. I dont know - if I do watch it, It will be for laughs and to mock it. I find the whole thing to be SUCH B.S. The entire concept creeps me out. Finding a wife or husband in that way is just ridiculous. Its a ridiculous process and its not real life. Its no wonder the couples never survive long after the show airs... because guess what? then they have to ACTUALLY live together as real people without all the damn drama and fake rom antic settings and hottubs etc. Its just stupid and makes me laugh.

Like that whole thing about bringing Deanna back. So lame. of course thats just a ratings ploy- shes not going to say she wants him back. No,it will be something like "I made a huge mistake --- I should never have let you propose to me like that, I should have stopped you before you got down on your knee,but I got caught up in the moment. Im sorry." or something dumb like that. I bet you money thats what it will be.

And the fact that Jason kept the weird dental hygenist even though he seemed freaked out by her just further proves my theory that the producers suggest keeping around some girls just for ratings purposes. because every season tehy always keep some total lunatic even though its really obvoius they are a total loon.

Thats all I got lol. Ill catch it next week or atleast dvr it if im not home for it. I do enjoy mocking it lol, but it a question of how much I can stomache before getting physically ill. I start really geting ill once the girls are all over the guy and acting all slutty and all that. I cannot stand that. This show clearly was not made for me lol. I get too angry lol.

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

The dental hygienist is awful - you are right, he had to keep her for shits and giggles.

Of course it is a lot of sunshines and roses and the idea of meeting someone on TV and proposing a few weeks later is silly but it is so addictive! And Jason is a decent guy so hopefully he will make the right decisions and end up with a good girl instead of the fake, arched eyebrow type, LOL.

Of course they are making it seem like Deanna is wanting him back but I don't think that is the case either. But the girls all have their panties in a knot after they see her.

Yes, definitely watch it next week - and for as long as you can stomach it! And we need more watchers!

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Does anyone else watch The Bigest Loser? Im watching the season premiere right now and its really good, not sure if I like the TWIST though. They are sending NINE people home on the first episode. The partners have to choose which of them goes home and which stays... also, they have the biggest prson EVER on this show, I think hes 485 or something,and hes only 18yrs old. So its pretty intersting. Of course its supposed to motivate you, but yeah- Im siting here eating coffee ice cream while I watch these people workout. I suck.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Posted this in Movie Thread too, but putting it here for all the TV junkies. I was sooo happy with most of the winners last night, especially 30Rock, MadMen, and Tina Fey. And everytime they showed hugh laurie in the audience I was drooling at how hot he looked.

Here are the results from last nights Golden Globes for anyone who wants to discuss. I thought genereally they were pretty boring last night, not much "funny" going on like normally. But a few great moments, like Kates second speech, Ricky Gervais who is always funny, and Heath Ledger winning supporting actor. And the Speiberg tribute was nice.

Best Motion Picture, Drama
Slumdog Millionaire

Best Actor, Motion Picture, Drama
Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler

Best Television Series, Drama
Mad Men

Best Actress, Motion Picture, Drama
Kate Winslet, Revolutionary Road

Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy
Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Best Actor, Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy

Colin Farrell, In Bruges

Best Director, Motion Picture

Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire

Best Actress, Television Series, Musical or Comedy

Tina Fey, 30 Rock

Best Original Score, Motion Picture

A.R. Rahman, Slumdog Millionaire

Best Television Series, Comedy or Musical

30 Rock

Best Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television

Paul Giamatti, John Adams

Best Actor in a TV Series, Comedy or Musical

Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock

Best Screenplay

Simon Beaufoy, Slumdog Millionaire

Best Actress, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
Laura Linney, John Adams

Best Foreign-Language Film
Waltz With Bashir, Israel

Best Supporting Actor, Motion Picture

Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight

Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
John Adams

Best Actress, Comedy or Musical

Sally Hawkins, Happy-Go-Lucky

Best Motion Picture, Animated

WALL-E

Best Actress in a Television Series, Drama

Anna Paquin, True Blood

Actor in a Television Series, Drama
Gabriel Byrne, In Treatment

Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries or TV Movie
Laura Dern, Recount

Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries or TV Movie

Tom Wilkinson, John Adams

Original Song

"The Wrestler," The Wrestler; music and lyrics by Bruce Springsteen

Supporting Actress, Motion Picture

Kate Winslet, The Reader

ON a different note, Im going to dvr Bachelorette Mandy just for you lol. DH will kill me if I watch that stupid crap esp since he worked all day and wont want that on when he gets home lol. So Ill watch it when hes not home and that way I can fast forward what I cant stomache. Anyone watching Biggest Loser? I really like the twist where they make one partner go home and keep doing the contest from home and then come back in 30days if their partner is still on the show.

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 5:18 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I watched a bit of the golden globes but I passed out mid way. I am so glad Heath Ledger won for his phenominal performance of the joker. I heard that Kate Winslet's speach was funny but I missed it. I am really glad she won too, she is quite the actress.

Yay Kelley! Definitely DVR it and watch the drama unfold!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:49 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - I recently got into the Biggest Loser for the first time last season. I missed the season premiere last week, since I was in bed with the flu. I am hoping that they put it on NBC.com so I can watch what I missed. I have tomorrow night's DVRed so I don't miss any more. I cried through the entire finale last season. I am so happy that Michelle won - I really really didn't like Vicki.

I also can't wait to see who is going to be on the new season of DWTS - it starts March 9th. I believe they are supposed to announce the contestants by the end of this month.

Don't make me go Brooklyn on you. I have brass knuckles and I know how to use them.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine