TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3,307

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Re: TV Thread!!! Discuss IDOL, DWTS, THE OFFICE, HOUSE,whatever....
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: JulyBby22

Yay!!!!!!!  Kristi is gone.  I was so happy when that happened.  I don't know how she held on so long but it is over.  Brook was a little upset with Simon last night.  I thoght that was funny.

So was anybody swayed by the debate? 

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 10:30 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

YAY!  Kristy is gone!!  Finally!!

I had no idea that David C's brother is sick and dying.  I didn't watch the results show but singing that Mariah song must have been hard.  I don't think I could do it if it was me.

Why was Brooke upset with Simon last night?  What did Simon say?

null

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

CTFU@Kelley's Bee-yottch!  How Khloe Kardashian of you!  lol!  I happen to really think Syeesha is a great singer and think she really gets crappy reveiws b/c it's typically expected of the black girls to belt out songs.  That's just my opinion.

I am so FREAKING HAPPY That Christy Lee Cook took her ice home!!!  It was about time...she really shouldn't have made it to Hollywood week, but I digress.

I missed Mario's dance, but I generally think he is very good.  But I am Jason's NUMBER ONE FAN!!!  That sweater and pants fit him the way I imagine clothes fit men in romance novels (you know they are always the finest, sexiest men anyone has ever seen). 
I was really sick of looking a Priscilla 'tupperwear dish face' Presley.  So glad she went home!!  These voters are much more mature than AI voters, so far everyone who SHOULD have gone home, has gone home.  You know they talk about chemistry a lot...Shannon and Derrick are awfully close.  I think they'd make a very cute couple.  Those kids were adorable!!

Kiss 

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Right before it was announced who was going home Ryan asked the judges what they thought about the bottom two, if the right people were there.  Randy and Paula kind of hemmed and hawwed as they do and Simon said your gone this week Kristi it's about time or something like that and Brooke said you don't know that all snippy and she kept saying that and giving Simon the evil eye.  Well he was right about that because she is gone, Yay!!

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Yeah David Cooks brother has brain cancer and is dying, he came to the show this week (when David did always be my baby...) and that is why he was crying (you'll always be a part of me I'm part of you indefinatly)...and his brother was not supposed to fly but got the OK because he had a doctor and a Nurse with him. It is Davids older brother (I think he's 31-32). I just think the song choices made for the Idol group song and made by Mariah to preform last night was really shitty on part of EVERYONE involved at Idol. I couldn't imagine being in davids shoes right now. The show could at least have some compassion and not make the man sing songs about saying goodbye to dead loved ones. Assholes.

But, that does not sway my dislike for David as an artist...I can't stand him, but I do feel for the boy.

Brooke was mad with Simon because she is a sweet girl who didn't want Kristi being badgered by Simon when they all KNEW she was going home. She was trying to save some respect for Kristi...and after simons Bun with no burger comment I'd be pissed too.

I really do wish Shyesha would have went home. I am sick of her thinking she can sing all the big songs by big artists...I can't stand her.

I'm hoping next week will be Syesha going home, that or David A...I can't stand his little nerdy ass either....but we all know he isn't going anywhere, not with all the pre-teens of the world in love with him.....

MandyandVance Posts : 650 Registered: 4/10/06
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Awww Brooke is such a sweet heart. 

That is so unbelievably sad for David Cook's brother to be dying at such a young age.  Now I understand why he had tears after singing that song.  I was wondering about that because he has never become emotional on the show before.  I just assumed he was choked up from their comments.  How sad and I know it must have been extremely hard to sing that song.  Every time I hear that song I think of loved ones who have passed away and it always makes me teary.  To have to sing that with his brother there and everything.....I can't imagine.

I think Syesha is going home next.  I think she has a beautiful voice but she is always in the bottom 3.  As for David A?  He is going to win the whole thing.  Not that I want him to but the young girls love him and he is going to take the whole thing.  I just know it.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: MandyandVance

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I also heard that David C.'s girlfriend broke up with him this week.  That's why when he got that question last night about whether he was single, it was kinda funny the way he looked in the camera and said yes. 

The crying thing was sweet.  It helped counteract some of the smugness that he sometimes gives off.

I don't like Syesha either.  It's not about her songs, although I do think she should choose not choose the belty-black-women songs that she constantly does.  It's that she always seems to be performing, even when she's not singing.  She lived in L.A. trying to be an actress, and I just get this fake-LA vibe from her.  I have no idea who she is as a person, and while in theory that shouldnt' matter (cause only her singing should), in reality it does.  I just can't root for her. 

So, does everyone also think that Jason Castro is seriously stoned, like, all the time?  It's like nothing phases him. . .he's just in this la-la land 24/7.  It's kinda endearing, although it doesn't make him a winner, in my book.

I just want some of whatever it is that he's smoking!

Vote!  http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Right there with you MrsD ... I made that observation a long time ago about Jason being STONED constantly lol. Hes just super mellow and his eyes are a dead giveaway. Hes all "duuuudee..." just way too relaxed. I do like him though. I think its funny.

Gin, I heard in the paper and on TV that David Cook is dating LACEY from So You Think You Can Dance. They met during the Idol Gives Back Special when they all did that song and dance number together she was on the show.. there are a few pics of them together in the local papers here in NY and rumors that they are now an ITEM. Oooooh big romance.... Did you know that she is cousins with David Schwimmer from Friends? Her name is Lacey Shwimmer. I had no idea. Weird. Anyway, If I remember right, you didnt like her much on that show lol.

I think Davids brother has a brain anurism or tumor or something... I know its brain something. And yes, David was crying because they allowed his brother to be in the audience , flew in with nurses etc to be there. So he got emotional.

Im kind of excited for next week because the mentor will be Andrew Lloyd Webber, which means mostly Broadway style songs. I like this because A. I love that music, but B. they dont have to do all songs from ONE artist which Ihate.

Gettin ready to watch THE OFFICE and 30Rock!!!! Woohooooo!!!!

Time for BL5!!! And here come The OLD MARRIED FATTIES!!!!!

Stay tuned for The Aisle Runner's official website...LAUNCHING THIS APRIL!

Check out my random BLOG at www.kelleylynn.blogspot.com

Photobucket

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

lol so i watched 30 rock tonight and loved the whole dennis thing...and loved it when she said no to his proposal in front of all of his "supporters" lol

Ashley

Losing Weight While We Wait is Kicking Ass & Taking Names
Sending Love to my Wormies!
Check out my new BLOG
http://thelifeofafutureswann.blogspot.com/

One Day I Will Be Famous But I Plan To Be A Nice Celebrity - Bodaxia Lacroix

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 8:02 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

i liked kristy lee's voice but she rarely did anything with it she had like one good song and a few decent attempts. 

brooke is a goody goody i have never seen anyone so sincere come off so fake.  i just don't get her.

i think the girls will drop off next.

it was touching when david cook cried.  poor guy

jason is seriously stoned any everyone knows it.  i wonder how he would perform sober?? 

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 8:39 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Yeah Kel, I didn't like Lacy Because her Brother Benji Schwimmer won the year before and I thought she was being more so forced on everyone as the "sister" of the guy who one the year before making Benji lovers more Biased towards her.

I didn't hear that they were dating though....but hey, with his big ass head and her lazy eye they would make some Purdy kids huh? LOL

I do think Jason is stoned all the time and I could just eat him up, he is SO adorable and SO relaxed and so ahppy go lucky whatever all the time. And I could listen to him all day and night.

MrsD I agree about Syesha, she gives off this really fake vibe. I can't stand her...she is always puuting on a "facade" to try to get people to think she is what she wants them to be...and if she sings another big voice black female song I think I will scream...Syesha, you are NOT WHITNEY, you can not sing like Whitney...you are NOT MARIAH.....geez.

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Now normally I don't really watch idol, but I may have to if it's Andrew Llyod Webber week. That should be awesome since he has such a wide range of selection.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Gin,Im sure Lacey and SKullheads kids would be frightening!!! When does So You Think ...start again? I think in May but not sure. Im excited for it. Thats a good show.

Bride2008 yeah I love when its Broadway week or Andrew Looyd Webber or whatever.. because its so much BROADER, more choices, rather than saying "ok you HAVE to sing a song by Mariah Carey" or whatever. I like when they do the Decade themes and those kinds of things... MAANY more choices that wa.y ...

Anyone see THE OFFICE? Soooo funny. The whole thing with Michael asking everyone to set him up with a woman.. and then when he called WENDYS fastfood restaurant I literally spit out my iced tea laughing. "Sir this is Wendys restaurant..." "Oh,well then Ill take a Frosty and a baked potato.." "Sir, you have to come here and GET your food" "oh, well then have it ready! " Its ready now." "Well, have it waiting for me..." That was great.

And it was sooooo cute when Jim said into the camera that he bought a ring for Pam along time ago and that his proposal will "kick her ass." Sooo cute!!!

Time for BL5!!! And here come The OLD MARRIED FATTIES!!!!!

Stay tuned for The Aisle Runner's official website...LAUNCHING THIS APRIL!

Check out my random BLOG at www.kelleylynn.blogspot.com

Photobucket

ninaw Posts : 42 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 11:29 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

The office was so funny last night. I was laughing so hard my FH was giving me funny looks from the other room.

"And now these 3 remain faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is LOVE"

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: ninaw

Missed The Office and other Thurs. night tv (can I say right now how psyched I am next week for Grey's Anatomy though?  I haven't gotten my feel of soapy girl angst and I am ready for some McDreamy/McSteamy ass!!!) but I wanted to talk about Broadway night next week on AI.

Y'all, I'm worried about it.  American Idol traditionally sucks butt singing Broadway.  I think it's because they have no understanding of Broadway.  They think it's just about singing.  But it's not. 

When you sing broadway, you need to have an understanding of how the song moves the story along.  It requires an emotional connection, and American idol contestants are way to accustomed to easy karaoke, devoid of any emotional connection.

I suppose that I should be more optimistic about this bunch, as the worst offenders (i.e. Raminkin, Kristy) are gone.  Still . . .I really hope that these guys don't look just at the song and lyrics, but really about the character that they are impersonating in the musical itself.  That's the only way to be good, I think.

Vote!  http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine