bridesmaid/matron of honor dress alike???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Warrengirl Posts : 109 Registered: 1/27/07
bridesmaid/matron of honor dress alike???
Posted: Feb 8, 2007 4:47 PM

I was thinking of having my bridesmaids (four) dress alike and have my matron of honor dress in the same colors but with a different style of dress. I want her to feel and look special(she is my sister). Is this weird? Should I have them all dress alike?

Re: bridesmaid/matron of honor dress alike???
Posted: Feb 9, 2007 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

personally, i like the moh looking different. my girls are going to be in dark blue with pink accents, and my moh will be in pink with dark blue. it;s all a matter of personal preference.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

i love the idea too! i'm having my only sister (MOH) wear a long dress in pool blue satin while the 2 BM's picked out tea-length dresses in the same fabric (both of those are different as well).

Katrina and Jim

July 21, 2007

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Feb 11, 2007 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

I don't think it's weird at all. I picked a color and fabric, then let my BM's each decide the style dress they wanted. I wanted them each to have a style that suited her figure. 

I gave my MOH a choice of the same color as the BMs or a coordinating color. As it worked out, the style she picked had a lot of embroidery on it, so she went with the alternate color dress with the embroidery in the same color as the BMs dresses. Also, she had a bigger bouquet than the BMs. 

buffalobride Posts : 34 Registered: 5/24/06
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

It is totally acceptable to have your MOH in different attire than the rest of your girls.  I am having my girls wear a black strapless dress with an aqua blue ribbon at the waist.  I would have done opposite colors for my MOH, but she has jet black hair and would look like Betty Ruble from the Flintstones in a light blue dress!  So, I'm giving her a bouquet that is different from the others.

There is so much that you can play with to make your MOH stand out.  Is there something about her personal style that makes her stand out in a crowd?  Does she love funky jewelry or some other accessory?  Maybe she has flowers in her hair and the others don't. 

Dressing your wedding party is such fun.  It's like playing Barbies all over again Smile 

SoInLove987 Posts : 415 Registered: 1/31/07
Posted: Feb 22, 2007 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

Its not weird. Usually, the Maid of Honor has something different about her so that everyone knows she is the MOH. If you want to keep them in the same dress then there a lots of things you can do. My best frined got married and I was the MOH. I had a bigger bouquet then teh bridesmaids. You could also let her wear her hair down if the bridesmaids have theirs up. Or you can give her a shawl or little jacket to wear over her dress. My MOH cant wear the dress I picked out for religious purposes so I got her a really pretty shall to wear over the dress. We are going to drape it over her shoulders and tie it in a bow in the back. It looks so beautiful and elegant and she stands out from the bridesmaids! You just ahve to be creative! Good luck!

I dont know how to work the Ticker thing so.....Wedding Date September 8, 2007!!! Cant wait to marry the man of my dreams!!! <3

Posted: Feb 26, 2007 10:10 AM Go to message in response to: Warrengirl

My MOH and my 4 BM are all wearing the same dress...which they picked out. I did this since my MOH is one of my younger sisters and my first BM is my other younger sister. I didn't want to cause a head for me so everyone is wearing the same thing. I let my sisters pick out the dress since my friends didn't care as long as it didn't cost much.  If I only had one sister I would have made the MOH dress slightly different since I know my MOH is the only orgnazing alot of things. GL.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine