Brides.com Featured Topic: Lucky 7 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 73
Re: Brides.com Featured Topic: Lucky 7 Brides
Posted: Feb 7, 2007 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I like the rest of the million ladies out there am a 07.07.07 bride. And as of today..there's only 5 months left! :) There's no real significance to this date besides it being the Lord's day, and also so that my FH wont forget his anniversary! :) If anyone has any color ideas or ways their incorporating their 7's into their wedding...please share! Best of luck to everyone planning! It's going to be a great day!!

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Hi, I am not getting married on 7-7-07, but I am celebrating my 23rd wedding anniversary. My husband and I were married 7-7-84. My daughter is getting married 3-3-07, which is 1 year from the day her fiance proposed. Anyway, just wanted to wish all the brides the very best of luck and a long and happy marriage.

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 12:03 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

It really is remarkable how many people are getting married on Triple 7s!  I am one of those people...we had the date picked before we got engaged! :)  As for a theme, we aren't really doing one, but the wedding colors are silver and green and most people associate green with luck--so kind of a lucky 7s.  Green just happens to be my favorite color, so the bridesmaids dresses are green and my bouquet is made of green roses!  I'm so excited! 5 months!!

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Yes I am getting married on July 7, 2007.  I got engaged way back on March 26, 2005.  I could have gotten married last summer but I just graduated in May of 2006 and I wanted to have plenty of time to plan, so we decided to wait until 2007.  When we were picking a date, we wanted it to be in the summer because we will both be teachers.  Then we narrowed it down to July 7th and July 14th.  Once I realized that the date was 7-7-7 I liked it even more.  It did not occur to us that the 7th would be so popular.  Luckily, we had planned on this day for about 2 years now so everything is pretty much booked. 

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I can't believe how popular this day is!  I got engaged last July, and we really got lucky with the July 7, 2007 date!  We wanted to get married on a Saturday in the Spring or Summer, when I called the hall to make the reservation, the manager said they just had a cancellation that morning for 7-7-7, that was the only Saturday available too!  So we took it!

We're not doing anything to play off the numbers really.  Acutally I didn't even think of that before reading these postings. 

Happy Planning! 

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I almost forgot!  To keep with the 7-7-7 theme, our bridal party consists of 7 bridesmaids and 7 groomsman! 

Wow, only 5 months left!

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I almost forgot!  To keep with the 7-7-7 theme, our bridal party consists of 7 bridesmaids and 7 groomsman! 

Wow, only 5 months left!

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

It's amazing how many 777 Brides are just on this site.  Well, I have wanted to get married on 777 since probably 2004-2005.  I used to watch A Wedding Story and saw an episode about Vegas weddings.  At the end of the show they gave the website for the chapel.  Upon exploring that they were telling brides that 444 was such a success that you should sign up now for 555.  I got excited about triple number wedding dates.  I checked 555 it was a Thurs, 666 (yikes) was a tuesday, but 777 was a Saturday.  Perfect.  I told my bf at the time, if we ever get married that's the day I want.

He proposed to me 7/3/2005.  He was actually going to propose 7/4/2005, but after talking to my parents, my mother said 7/3 was my deceased grandfather's b-day and it would mean a lot to have him propose on his b-day, so my fiance did.

I wanted a 2 year engagement, b/c I'm in graduate school.  At the time, I really wanted to be engaged and enjoy it.  We moved from the East Coast to the West Coast in 2003 and being away from friends and family, we figured a destination wedding would be fun.  So we needed to give people enough time to save up to travel to Vegas.  When we told people about it they were totally psyched, and many of them will be making the trek.

We went to Vegas 2 weeks later to attend a bridal show.  Everyone kept saying you're the umpteenth person to tell me that date... so I got nervous.  I booked my site by August '05, minister and photographer by Nov '05, DJ and cake by April '06.  Flowers by August '06.  Some vendors thought I was crazy,  Some told me they're going to increase their rates for that day (except for me of course). 

I had predicted back before I was even engaged that this was going to be a hot date.  Especially in Vegas.

We are getting married at a restaurant on a golf course at 7pm.  I hope that before the day is over to play a 777 slot machine.  Oh, we just picked up our wedding bands and mine has 7 diamonds on it...

So 7's are becoming a special number for us.  But most importantly, he'll NEVER forget.

One of the other funny 777 stories I have is one of the girls from my high school wanted that date too, but when she called her cousins to tell them, they said, I hope it's not 777, b/c we're already in a wedding in Vegas... Oppss.  She's now getting married July 21st.

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I am an 07.07.07 bride.  I didn't pick the date, my FH did at the time we got engaged.  He believes that "7" is his lucky number and my mom said, "Never argue with a guy that already has the date picked."

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 2:51 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Im getting married!!! 777!!

But Ihave no location yet! YIKES! everywhere I like is taken by everyone else! I wanted something outside or at least pretty with a garden setting, if not beach style ... no luck yet.

All I have is colors - a magenta (redish/pink) and a champaign/gold. I have my dress - but I am having second thoughts on this dress - and I have my people that will be in it. Other then that - I have nothing! I need help!!! I am afraid I will have to have it backyard style. Which will be fine I guess ---- but I feel it wont be as special. Is anyone having their reception in a backyard? Please let me know as it would make me feel much better... Please!

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was originally not a 7-7-7 bride. My fiance is the romantic type and asked my parents' permission before he asked me to marry him this past September. They gave the ok on the condition that we wait till I got into grad school. So, I went on the assumption that I would be accepted and we set our date for 06-07-08. However, when I looked deeper into the school I was applying to, I realized that my finals would be the week after that! Surprised Meanwhile, my parents had finally decided that I was adult enough to manage my own life and determine when I got married and went to school. So when I told my mom of the problem with finals, she jokingly mentioned 7-7-7. I thought it was too soon for me to plan (I am the slowest decision maker because I am so picky Wink) but as I mulled it over with my fiance, we decided to go with it - just because it's a cool date. Later we realized that the first vacation we went on together began on 7-7-05, so we decided it was meant to be. THEN... last weekend I spent some of a $100 giftcard and, without planning it, my remaining balance is $7.07. How cool is that? Laughing

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

When we first picked 7-7-7 we didn't really realize that it was going to be so popular.  We picked the date b/c my fiance races and his number is 7.  He has raced a number 7 car since he was four years old.  B/C that has always been the number on his car he kind of feels like he owns it.  After he insisted on 7-7-7 I gave in.  I was hoping for 7-2-13, my great-grandmother/father anniversary.  I thought that if thier marriage could last for Sixty years mine could too.  The secret was picking thier date.  However, I have come to decide that I don't need luck or my great-grandmother's date.  All that I need to love and PATIENCE!Innocent

Posted: Feb 7, 2007 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I guess I am like a lot of the other brides who have responded to this post. My fiance proposed to me in Sept. 2005 on vacation, and as soon as we returned home we started looking at dates. We decided we wanted to wait at least a year, and I did not want to get married in the winter, so we decided that spring or summer of 2007 would be the best time. I love the month of May, but we both realized that none of the dates would work, so we sat down and went through the calendar looking at other options. I thought my fiance was joking when he said "hey, how about July 7, 2007; you know it would 07/07/07!" I never thought it was actually on a Sat., but since it was (and since he said: thats a perfect and easy anniversary date to remember) we went with it! Not knowing that after a year and half it would become such a popular date, I am glad we decided on it so early in advance. Theme wise, we are not incorporating 7's into our wedding, its just a great date for a special day!

Posted: Feb 8, 2007 8:17 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Yes it seems that July 7th is a lucky day for alot of people. I choose this day because of many reasons.

1.) Its my late grandfather's birthdau

2.)7 is my lucky #

3.) Its my 3rd & last time getting married.

My FH allowed me to set the date & this is the day I choose.We got engaged in July of last year after being together for 5 years.Our theme is going to be beach.Our colors are purple,plum & silver.

Posted: Feb 8, 2007 8:24 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I admit it I am also a 7/7/07 bride!!! Roberto Proposed on an  camping trip in Canada on 7/13/06. I was so excited! My friends were all there to witness the proposal. One of my friends which is going to be a bridesmaids birhday is 7/7 and told us that her birthday falls on a Saturday in 07 and we thought maybe that was too long of an engagement. We tried for an April date but his family couldn't make it from out of town. We decided The Summer would be best for both families and then we asked my friend permission to use her birthday for our wedding date, she of course said yes. We actually had no problem finding a hall or anything. Our photographer is even giving us a 7.77% discount on our pictures. I do believe 7 is a lucky number. I also know it was mentioned in the Bible several times. I always pick that number when someone asks me to pick a number beetween 1 and 10 :). We are not incorporating any 7's in the weding but we do have 7 bridesmaids and groomsmen. Didn't realize the connection until now. I knew this was a cool date but I didn't realize this many people are getting married that day.

Message was edited by shelmonkey81 on Feb 8, 2007 8:25 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine