Brides.com Featured Topic: Lucky 7 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 73
Re: Brides.com Featured Topic: Lucky 7 Brides
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

We were not thinking "Lucky 7's" when selecting our date.  We got engaged in Dec. 2004 and knew that we would wait until 2007 to marry because for me this is my 2nd marriage and I have 2 children so I wanted to wait until they graduated high school and went off to college (FH and I lived an hour away from each other and I did not want my kids to have to change towns/schools, etc.)  So when talking about what the wedding date should be, my fiance suggested Oct. 5th (his birthday), because he would never forget our anniversary.  Clever, but not going to happen.  I told him I wanted our date to not compete with any other event in our lives - and I'm a warm-weather lover, so October was not favorable.  So right then I flipped to 2007, flipped through the summer months to find a unique date (preferably Saturday) and VOILA!  07/07/07.  We booked Lakeview Pavilion in Foxborough over 2 years ago - good thing because now we're seeing how sought after this date is! 

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

We are having a 7/07/2007 wedding also. But only because we started planning in May and didn't have enough time to plan it by 6/6/06. But everyone that we tell our wedding date to says it like us unique. LOL  

licensetocut Posts : 1 Registered: 12/19/06
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I thought about getting married on the "lucky" day, but decided I didn't want to run into everyone in town already being booked, and I like to be different. My fiance and I decided to get married in July, but on Friday the 13th! Forget superstition: we think it's awesome! People say we're asking for it, but  I really think it will just be fun to look back on and also fun to see how many anniversaries will fall on friday.

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Really it was very important to FH that our date be 07/07/07 for a couple reasons. 7 is his lucky number. He actually HAS won a 777 jackpot before, he's very superstitious about it being lucky, and I'm starting to agree! (I got the florist AND photographer I wanted because other brides had backed out of their contracts!)

Secondly, as mentioned by some others, he can't forget it.  Ever.

Thirdly, it's also considered a very spiritual/holy number to some, and we like that too.

I'm so excited, and happy to be sharing my day with the MASS AMOUNTS of couples who have chosen it! 

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

We met in Las Vegas and felt like we hit the Jackpot, So why not return to Las Vegas to get married and 7/7/07 just seemed to be the perfect day.  and it all worked out from there.    

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Since we were both born in July and began dating in July I've always felt that this is our lucky month.  Not only do I believe that 7 is my lucky number but it also has many religious ties to it.  Choosing 7/7/07 as our wedding date was not only chosen for luckiness but also because they are numbers of completion.  Marrying the man that I love on this day is completion to me.

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 11:34 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

We picked 07.07.07 because we usually go visit his family for the week of the Fourth of July.  So we figured that they could come to us this year.  I always wanted a summer outdoor wedding and we have always thought it would be best in July.  When he proposed in March of last year, we decided to wait until the following July to give my parents plenty of time to save and me plenty of time to plan.  When we set our date we just looked at the Saturday after the Fourth of July holiday.  It wasn't for a few days that I realized and pointed out to FH that it was going to fall on 07.07.07.  I joked with my sister that I could have a Vegas theme with slot machines as centerpieces and lucky seven favors.  We then passed by the fabric department at Wal-Mart and saw a red sequin material and she said that is what I should make my dress from.  I'm only moderately superstitious, and I hope that not purposely picking the date is a good sign that our marriage will be great.  I dated a guy in high school that wanted to get married on 06.06.06.  GLAD that didn't work out.Laughing 
Thanks, TeeBall

Posted: Feb 3, 2007 12:31 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

My FH is a retired and decorated Senior Master Sargeant of the Air Force.  He has been married before, as have I.  His previous marriage never honored his service and contributions.  I felt it was imperative that his service was recognized on our wedding day particularily because he retired at the end of 2005 and served for 22 years.  We are both older and wanted our last wedding to be special, unique and everything that we have always wanted.

Immediately after deciding to marry, I said it must be in summer, around the 4th of July - Independence Day- and let's see what the following Saturday is...Turns out to be 7.7.7.  Since I've always had an affinity toward numerical combinations we were set on the day.  Shortly therafter, while trying to book the church where my FH was baptized we learned of the popularity and significance of the date.

Despite it's popularity and especially for the meaning of 7.7.7. which reportedly is the "Day of the Lord" just as 6.6.6. is Satan's day, we are going to be wed. 

We've decided that it is all part of fate.  The fact that we met in the first place when both of us had resolved to never marrying or even finding a possible mate and literally stumbled upon the absolute perfect day is proof that it really does all happen when you least expect....to us!

Posted: Feb 3, 2007 7:26 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Hi, my name is Nancy and yes my fiance and I will be getting married on 07/07/07 and we have been togther 7 years.  We are planning an outdoor wedding by the WaterGardens.  We are planning to have only 7 participants in the wedding besides ourselves, and will be writing our own vows.

070707bride Posts : 1 Registered: 8/14/06
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

The reason why we chose 7/7/07, is because both of us are bad at remembering numbers, so we figured this would be one date we would never forget!!!

SaucyMrsK Posts : 1,175 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Feb 3, 2007 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I actually chose the date before we were engaged. One day while looking over a calendar to plan something else, I realized that the 7-7-07 date was a saturday. So I told him if we get married next year ( at the time is was June 06  I think) we should do it on 7-7-07. We like to go to Vegas.. He actualy lieks the craps tables but I like dollar slots! So, when he proposed on Christmas, I asked him when he wanted to get married.. He said 7-7-07 of course!

Posted: Feb 4, 2007 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Hi... ANOTHER 07/07/07 bride here. No superstition here. As a matter of fact, I heard that astrologically, its a bad day to be married. Apparently Mercury will be in retrograde which means promises made that day will be broken. Believe it?

Anyway, I got engaged on 12/24/06, everyone wanted to know when the date was set for. I looked through my fathers calendar for a weekend when he was off of work. He's off 07/07/07, and 07/08/07. I then noticed the date, and thought, great, the FH wont forget the date either.

We're going to use LUCKY 7 lottery scratch off's as the place settings.

Good luck all. And dont worry about Mercury!

PS: We booked the Smithtown Landing Country Club in NY (Lessings) on 1/20/07. Somehow they still had the date available.

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 8:36 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

So reading all these, it seems the majority of brides aren't so crazy about 7 or anything like that, it just happened to be a good date. My story is a little different Laughing

When my fiance proposed last August we were looking for a fall 07 date. Then I remembered that 070707 was just around the corner. I had been saying for years that I would LOVE to get married on that date, so that was it for us. 7 has been my favorite/lucky number ever since I was a little kid. I've heard that a significant life change occurs to everyone every seven years and it's true for me. I was 7 when my older sister got married, I was 14 when I met my FH and seven years after we met, he proposed. His favorite number/number he always used in baseball was 25 (2+5=7) I get a little crazy with the numbers thing!

Our sevens are definitely carrying over a bit... when I tell people the wedding is 070707 they think it's really cool... when I continue into my slightly crazy 7 details they start looking at me like I'm kinda weird LoL

Our ceremony is at 7, I have 7 bridesmaids whose bouquets will have 7 flowers, we plan on having 7 rows of 7 chairs set up on each side at the ceremony, there will be 7 candles in the centerpieces... I get kinda obsessed about things Cool

My dad asked why we chose that date and my mom and I told him just so my FH will never forget our anniversary...which is definitely an added bonus of this special date! Innocent

-Danielle

~Danielle & Jason 070707~

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I am also a bride of 7's. About ten or eleven years ago I decided that I wanted to get married on 07/07/2007. Lucky me it happened to be on a Saturday.  Seven is my favorite number and it is also the Lord's number. When I told my fiance that I had a date picked already he was ok with it because it is an easy date to remember. He was going to wear his Blues and I wanted to have my bridesmaids in red so the colors worked out perfect. However, now he will be in a tux and my maid of honor will be in blue. We each have six people standing up with us to total 7 on each side.  Our colors are apple and blue velvet . He proposed to me on Superbowl sunday.  From what I hear he was suppose to wait until halftime to propose.  Instead he did it before the game!  The Colts weren't the only ones to receive a ring that night! Laughing I'm so excited for the big day!!!

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I also am getting married on July 7, 2007.  I picked the date after getting engaged on Aug. 23, 2005.  I didn't think anything of the date except that me FH would not forget it.  I didn't realize it was such a popular and signifcant date.  It is so popular that my FHs cousin has picked the same date.  I am getting married in the park in my city and having an appitizer and dessert reception starting at 7.  It makes me laugh now when I think that I picked this date and booked everything early on.  I am only having one issue now, my caterer died in Nov. and I am having trouble finding a new one because of the date.  I am not worried, it will all work out.   My biggest concern now is that I am getting married in a very beautiful park with a pond and gazebo, and almost everyone wants their pictures there, but I don't want to have these other bridal parties interupting my service.  I don't want to be a Bridezilla, but I did book the  park almost 2 years in advance.  I don't know if there is a nice way to address this issue or do I just let it go and hope for the best.  My mom suggested posting a sign stating our service time and asking for some privacy.  Any suggestions?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine