Brides.com Featured Topic: Lucky 7 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 73

Moderator Posts : 211 Registered: 3/31/06
Brides.com Featured Topic: Lucky 7 Brides
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 4:15 PM

Are you getting married on 07.07.07 (or know anyone who is)? Are you superstitious or do you just feel lucky in love? Will your wedding theme highlight the number seven? Share your story and ideas with other lucky ladies here!

Re: Brides.com Featured Topic: Lucky 7 Brides
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 9:32 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I am a 07.07.07 bride, however FH and I did not choose our day because of superstition or any other reason like that- we wanted our wedding close to the fourth of July. Our wedding theme is connected to fourth of July- our colors are muted red white and blue (pink, light blue, and white) with yellow accents. Our reception dinner (starting at 7pm) is mostly picnic type finger foods, and we are having fireworks at dusk being set off with help from FH's dad and the volunteer fire team he works for.

LadyBugBride Posts : 533 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 9:53 PM Go to message in response to: Moderator

We were married in a civil ceremony in Malibu last year and will have our Catholic ceremony in Germany on 07.07.07. The ceremony will be in the 500 year old church my parents were married in. No real reason for choosing the date or incorporating it into our wedding. We just figured, why pass up an opportunity that comes around once every 100 years.
Daisypath Ticker

071707 Posts : 313 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 6:51 AM Go to message in response to: LadyBugBride

Seven has always been my favourite number. I remember when I was a teenager joking around with some friends about our weddings and I said half jokingly that if I ever got married then I wanted to get married on the 7/707. When my fiance and I were looking at getting married in the winter of 2007 I suddenly remembered that this was the date I had always wanted and it was a Saturday which was what we wanted so it all fell into place for us.

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 6:49 AM Go to message in response to: 071707

FH told me to pick the date and let him know when to show up. Laughing  I figured that he wouldn't forget all 7s.  Plus we always said we were lucky to find each other.  As far as our theme, not sure yet if we are going the '7' route, but definalty a firefighter theme. (we are both firefighters)    

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 7:26 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Here comes the 'lucky' bride! My first marriage was on 9/ll of all dates! The odds of my picking September 11th were one out of 365 days Surprised so this time around those lucky sevens should last us a lifetime considering it only comes around once a century wink.  We're having a murder mystery at the reception; having the ceremony at a gazebo overlooking a bay in the Hamptons, NY where sadly one of my sons was missing underwater 42 days. I find it to be a place of solace and with my strong faith in God I know my son saw a brighter light being taken into heaven than all the searchlights combined Smile.  My oldest son will hopefully be home from serving in Iraq to walk me down the path to the gazebo in his military uniform and my two year old grandson will be my ringbearer.  Lucky in love having met my fiance internet dating and we're still on our 'first' date almost three years later.  Bring on the 7's! A spectacular lifetime awaits us! 

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

Hello Ladies,

I'am getting married on 7/7/07, but it was just by chance It was an avaiable day but now I realize that I was meant to be married that day! That has alaways been my lucky number (july baby). And there are 7's all around that day it's so weird and so meant to be my day! That day my fiance figured out that I will be 27 he will also, then we have 6 attendants each but add us both and there is 7 on each side. I think that will be the luckiest day ever for us!! Kiss

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 8:39 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

My husband and I chose this date because it is close to the forth of july. Our wedding theme is patriotic, red, white, and blue!! He just got back from a 16 month tour in Iraq so we wanted to highlight the military wedding and what better way than the 4th of July. His party will wear there dress blues and my bridesmaids will wear red. Well hopefully it will keep him out of the war zone again!!!

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

My story is unique also. I was helping my FH build a deck. I look down and realize my diamond had fallen out of my ring. He didn't freak I was amazed. Later I found the diamond much to his surprise. When I took it to the jeweler to have it re-set. They examined the diamond for damange. They did not find any but they did find a unique charactristic in my diamond. The number 7. They explained the 7 means complete. My maid of honor was with me and instantly looked at the calender and said your date is 7/7/07. There it was all in the ring my wedding date. This is my second marriage so complete and exactly what I need. So there will be no 7 in the wedding except for the on in my ring and the date. Oh yah and my birthday is 4/7/71 so 7 just happened to be my favorite number.

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

It looks like my story is similar to many 07/07/07 brides out there. I looked at the calendar, found two Saturdays that I thought would work well - June 30 and July 7 (totally didn't think about the numbers), and sent my mom to book it for me. I'm getting married back home in CA, but I live in VA now so my mom is handling a whole lot of the planning for me. She's great. Anyway, it just so happened that the ceremony/reception site we liked the best had a cancelation for the 7th, and here is the best part and the part that made us act fast - they had had 30 people wanting that date, but we just happened to call the day of the cancelation. It was only then that we realized what we had gotten ourselves into. I don't know about everyone else, but for us what should have been plenty of time (9 months) to plan a medium sized wedding turned into something rather like when the salmon swim upstream. Plans are coming together now but it definately started out on a stressful foot.

So right now its a toss up as to whether that day is lucky or cursed but my FH is glad that he'll have an easy time remembering our anniversary. :)

The best date to fit the schedule
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

My fiancee and I wanted to get married in late june, but all the saturdays were booked at the church.  The next available (and workable) date was the next saturday -- july 7 --so we booked it.  The funny thing is that neither of us realized the "070707" importance until about a day after booking it!  Im still amazed it was open.  My family and I joke that we need to do something special at 7pm -- but we haven't figured it out yet :) 

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

I am also a 07/07/07 bride.. before I even met my FH I had told the girls at work that I was going to get married on that day, 7 is my favorite number, has always been my jersey number in sports, etc. I happened to meet my FH almost 2 years ago, he asked me to marry him on Christmas Eve and everything else is just falling into place!! We are thinking about incorporating the 7 into the reception dinner.. lucky #7 dice, etc.. the wedding is starting at 7pm and we are hoping it will only last 7 minutes.. haha..

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

FH and I decided that since June was so full with other events we wanted to move the wedding into July. We decided 7-7-07 would be the easiest date to remember so that's how we chose the date. Later we found out the his job (he works as a production manager for a band) will bring him the closest to my hometown for the year on July fourth holiday so we are lucky to have picked the weekend after for our wedding.

Life's too short to be unhappy.

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: Moderator

My FH an I got engaged on the 4th of July.  We both knew we wanted our wedding to be in the summer (june or july).  I did not pick the date because of the 7's it just worked out that way with the church and recpetion hall. Being a july baby and the 7th being so close to the 4th of July it just seem right.  Nevertheless, from a biblical standpoint 7 is the number of perfection.  2007 is the year of  new beginings.  Since we choose that date I have being saying 7/7/07 luckly number 7.  I am not planning any specific theme around the number 7, other than an elegant family style reception, however I do consider myself to be lucky in love.  Good luck to all the 7 brides.

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Another lucky bride here thats is pretty funny that so many7 people get to share such a lucky date! So in the future on that date everybody gets to share the same annversity! I did not even mean to choose this date. I late fathers birthday was July 11 so I was trying to honor him by having the wedding on his birthday but it fell on a Thursday So we loooked at the weekend dates and realized what kind of chance we had.  So now I am going give him a toast on his birthday in jamica whereI was thinking of spreading his ashes(not sure). Wedding colors are Navy blue and butter yellow with a natutical theme! We even ordered the greastest wedding favors directly fromChina. With the wedding around the corner I havent even picked out a dress for my self/ We are getting married on the Bay Lady at the Inner harbor in Baltimore MD. 6 bridesmaids 1 flower girl and 7 standing in the front! & flowers on the table in each center piece with 7 flowers on the cake and 7 days in Jamica!Oh our save the dates were lucky in love sratch off hearts that make you think you won something b/c of the date! One more thing we planned this the Christmas of 2005!

07-07-07 I feel very lucky to be getting married on this date, it was not intended to be on  this day but it worked out better. We have had this planned for almost 2 years now and I still haven't ordered my dress, the bridesmaids dresses and the tuxes have been picked, I just can not find that perfact dress yet and the is counting down! Message was edited by Hlove777 on Feb 2, 2007 1:14 PM

Message was edited by Hlove777 on Feb 2, 2007 1:20 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine