February wedding

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

shortbearbride Posts : 113 Registered: 1/20/07
February wedding
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 3:37 PM

We are getting married either Feb 2 or 23 of 2008. We just went to a bridal show yesterday and won the grand prize! $1000 cake, $3000 in flowers and a horse and carriage!  I was stunned. But now I am really thinking of the whole wedding more and just at a loss of how to decorate and where to have a reception. Many of my relatives are coming from out of town so I thought a hotel setting but then after looking at many photos yesterday I saw areas where we could have a ceremony and reception. What do you all think? We are thinking of hunter green with gold accents and maybe burgundy accent too? whats your thoughts?

Re: February wedding
Posted: Jan 29, 2007 6:52 PM Go to message in response to: shortbearbride

Hie shortbearbride

i am getting married next year too!!! but my wedding should be in March. congratulations on your prizes.

i am not good on colors myself, i am not even sure what colors to have, i really want Champagne but i dont know if that color is okay with March. 

so how much have you done so far in planning? i feel like if i start booking stuff and even go dress shopping they will be looking at me funny....you know what i mean?

well i love the hunter green! hope we can keep in touch and help and share our ideas.

Posted: Jan 29, 2007 7:44 PM Go to message in response to: shortbearbride

I'm getting marred on Feb. 23, 2008.  We are doing a black and white theme with accents of burgandy/silver.    I would advise to start finding places and booking them because they fill up fast.
"You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."

Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:35 PM Go to message in response to: shortbearbride

Congrats first off.  I thought once I won something but I had to sit through this lame show where they tired to sell me a time share.  Anyways think of colors that explain the both of you, that make you feel important and good.  Ones that you won't get sick of too.  

Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I would love to keep in touch through this wonderful year. My honey and I have been looking at alot of stuff but really haven't booked anything yet. We are realizing though that it is NEVER to early to book a reception site cause they go quick! Also. I am hearing from all other brides that don't ever be embarrased to ask if there is any discounts. we are getting married in OFF PEAK season so many vendors will discount and actually fight for business so bargin away. Where do you live and where will you be getting married?

Posted: Jan 29, 2007 8:59 PM Go to message in response to: shortbearbride

Getting married in CT. still looking at sites but have some stuff worked out already and planning with my coordinator, but since I have time, I can relax when I need too. I stress about the things that are so far off.  Off peak is good.

Posted: Jan 29, 2007 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: shortbearbride

yeah that would be great if we keep in touch and share our ideas. I live in Michigan-small town with only one traffic light...lol but we are having the wedding in South Bend, IN--A fourty five minute drive. we know the church and kinda have decided on the reception but not really sure if my mom will like it or not.

i have decided on the bridesmaids dresses...they are from watters. and i think i am changing from champagne to this color.....its salsa....very pretty!

when do you think you will start shopping for a dress? and have you decided on your bridesmaids dresses yet?

would like to hear what you have so far....this will be so exciting!!!

Message was edited by FutureMrsN on Jan 29, 2007 10:03 PM

Posted: Jan 29, 2007 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Great. The funny thing is that my sister was just teasing me tonight of having the wedding colors for notre dame. LOL hmm now there's a thought for you. 

I just had someone send me this picture... what do you think?

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=halter&keywordType=any&pageSize=8&showAll=1&style=V173

Posted: Jan 30, 2007 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know that I am getting this ivory and silver dress, I love it and no matter what I keep thinking about it.   I love blue too and so does my soon to be hubby so I am thinking a silver ice blue to go with it. We know we want night time and my planner told me about colors that look awsome with candle light and make us look like we are glowing.  I try not to get into all the time since we aren't until April 2008 but I can't help but look. 

Your colors sound cool.  I don't know if I want all the girls in the same dress or different dresses but same fabric. 

Posted: Jan 30, 2007 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats on your winning!  We all wish we could do that.

As far a decor goes.. personally I think hunter and gold are too christmasy for Febuary but you can make it work if that is what you really want.  Febuary is a time of year that spring is approaching.  Why not try some colors like a hydrenga purple color and gold with an accent color of maybe a pale yellow. 

Right now would also be a great time of year to stock up on red decor items.  If you wanted to change to maybe red and silver.  I was just in the drug store and seen these cute topiary balls made of faux red roses and thought they would be lovly to get after V day for a Feb wedding.

Ultimatly the possibilities are endless.

Posted: Jan 30, 2007 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Kate, the colors sound great. I loved the idea of an evening wedding but alot of the people attending the wedding work or need to travel so that wouldn't work as well for us. Congrats and besides that... it is never too early to be excited about your wedding!

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: shortbearbride

Congrats on the upcoming wedding and on winning all those prizes wow! I too am a February bride but of this year, the 24th. I read about your colours and that you might like a red contrast. My wedding assistant suggested having berries in the bouquet or in the boutonnieres which really looks neat for winter weddings especially I think. You can get them in green and anywhere in the red palette from bright cherry red to dark crimson and they go with almost any flower. Here's some examples of boutonnieres, I hope they show up. Another example of a bouquet you can find at http://bouquetgarden.com/bgbouquetjonibridesmaid.jpg

Posted: Feb 1, 2007 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: stargazer9

Ohhh thank you. I had a couple of ideas but NOTHING like these. I love the second one. This gives me some ideas at least. Everyone I spoke to kept telling me roses with green hydrangeas? Hmm this is much better. What color is your wedding? any thoughts for us for next year?

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: shortbearbride

Congratulations! You one luck bride to win 4,000 dollars worth of prizes. I would do a hotel wedding and hunter green is a great color of choice

stargazer9 Posts : 448 Registered: 12/20/06
Posted: Feb 2, 2007 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: shortbearbride

My wedding colours are black, platinum silver, and wine (a purpleish-burgundy red) The place we've gotten for the reception is pretty ho hum looks wise so we really needed to spice things up. A friend of mine has her own decorating business and has done up this location before for weddings. She does this absolutely beautiful "light canopy" which consists of large lines of tulle being strung from the centre of the dance floor to the  all outer walls and corners of the room. Along with the tulle she strings twinkle lights that lay on top of it and when you look up all you see is this cloud like flowing tulle that is twinkling. It really transforms an inside reception site (which lets face it is usually necessary in February) into a tent-like atmosphere that some summer weddings can have. All the lights are turned off and nothing but the candles from the tables and the twinkling tulle above provide lighting, it just FEELS nevermind looks beautiful. Then again I am a hopeless romantic :)

Anyways I don't think she has her own website to check out because she is just based out of our city up here in Canada but if you want to look at some pictures to give you an idea of what I'm trying to say with words you can go to http://randykuntzcatering.com/ and click on the button that says "to view our gallery" The pictures are actually taken from a wedding my friend did and that I attended which is what gave me the idea for my own reception this month. Could be your style but maybe not, its very wimsicle and romantic looking I think though. Hope this helps and keep us posted as to how things go with your planning!

SG

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine