Ladies I need help, Chicago propsoal ideas....

Online Users: 1,295 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Re: Ladies I need help, Chicago propsoal ideas....
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Your proposal sounds really incredible! She will love it!  Make sure you give a camera to a waiter or someone on the boat to capture the moment when she sees the cake.  Will you pull out the ring after she sees the cake?

Posted: Feb 17, 2007 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

Ok...so next weeksend is getting closer. I am really excited. When I originally found the cruise place I called them and they said the cake could be personalized with any message. Now they are saying they are all premade with happy birthday and some other messages that wont work. They do have the option of a plain cake. I asked for the plain one. I am going to try to get the waiter to the side and offer them like 20 bucks to help me out. I bought 20 boxes of those little valentine heart candies this week and have a handful of them that say "Marry Me". I am also going to take a small tube of icing that can fit in my pocket and get them to write it on the cake for me. I am sure between those 2 ideas I can get someone to decorate it.

Here is my idea for the notes to direct her for the day. I am going to make like a little miniature book instead of cards. I will just make sure she doesn't look ahead. some of the places I am including are the zoo, sears tower, navy pier, millenium park, maybe soldier field, the aquarium, or the planetarium. I am going to use some things for cluse in the book. for the zoo I am using one of the little boxes from animal crackers....and the sears logo for the tower, and I will come up with other ideas as I actually put it together tomorrow....Any other ideas ladies?

Posted: Feb 18, 2007 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am sure someone will decorate it for you! Good luck with that!

For Navy Pier, ou could use something to do with the Navy itself, a saying, part of the Navy hymn, or the logo........Millenium Park, you could have like a picture of the New Years ball dropping to the year 2000 (New "Millenium"), etc. Hope that helps! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!!

Posted: Feb 18, 2007 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I actully just thought of something else. Since your girl likes photography, it could be really cool if you could put a spot on the page in the book opposing your clue for a picture taken of the two of you at each location, to give her a really neat little memory book of your trip and proposal!!!

Posted: Feb 26, 2007 6:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How did it go?!

Posted: Feb 27, 2007 11:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It was absolutely amazing. Better than I ever imagined. The day was lots of fun finding everything and she had a blast with the pictures. She kept saying over and over how much she loved my scavneger hunt.....She had no idea how the day was going to end. The cake came out perfect thanks to the boat having a famous pastry chef onboard the boat. She was totally shocked. She thinks it was the best proposal she has ever heard. She is even gonna submit the whole thing on some contests. Thanks for everyone's help.

Posted: Feb 28, 2007 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!! I am so glad it went well!

Posted: Feb 28, 2007 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!! I am so glad it went well!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine