My 3rd wedding!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4
My 3rd wedding!
Posted: Jan 23, 2007 10:59 PM

Would like opinons on wedding dress to wear.   Although this is my 3rd wedding, I never wore a wedding gown for the other weddings!  I have had my eye on a wedding ball gown from davids bridal #T8763R, as I am having an outdoor garden wedding with a red and white color. Is this gown to formal for a 55 year old 3rd timer?

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Re: My 3rd wedding!
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 12:13 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Not at all!!! I love that dress!  If we had gone with our first set of colors..red and black. I would seriously wear that dress, its gorgeous!  I am a strong believer that every woman should wear what she wants on her big day!  You have never worn a wedding gown, you owe it to you and your FH to wear the most elegant wedding gown you can find! LOL I love it, i say go for it!

Nicole, Future wife to Aaron

Posted: Jan 24, 2007 9:56 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

last fall we went to a wedding in which the bride was in her 40's and the groom in his 50's - the bride had been widowed young and the groom never married - the bride wore a formal ivory satin gown and the groom a tux.  they took a bunch of crap from some people who were, in my opinion, jealous.  comments like "such a big wedding, at your age" etc.  it was quite lovely and moving.  have your day your way.  just my opinion here, but why go traditional?  I might be tempted to go with a red dress, were I you.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Jan 24, 2007 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My mom, who was about 50 at the time, got married and had never had a what she considered "real" wedding before.  It was her 3rd marriage too.  So...she wore a white dress, a formal wedding gown (actually it was mine but she basically had it remade so it was completely unrecognizable and it looked great!!), we all wore formal bm dresses and the guys wore tuxes.  The ceremony was in the gardens of a local park and it was gorgeous and she was very, very happy!!!  That was what I liked...how happy she was and how beautiful she felt in that wedding gown.  So...do what you really want to do.  You and your FH.  This is my 2d wedding and my FH and I have tailored everything specifically to us and I'm wearing a formal gown, but one with a pink sash, and I love it.  He is wearing a tux, and then we designed a very unique non-traditional cake, again, tailored to us, to him specifically.  We also wrote our ceremony using books and ideas from several others and are writing our vows.  But, there are no rules anymore that say that you can't go formal if you want regardless of what number wedding it is.  Do what you really want to do and have fun!!!

Posted: Jan 27, 2007 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is such a beautiful gown! I hope you at least try it on, I say go for it!  Since my wedding, there have been things I wish I had done and if I could go back, I wouldn't worry about anyone's opinion and go with what felt right for me and my hubby. :)

hotbride: Wow, people were actually giving a bride and groom a bad time? Regardless of age, that's just not right. It's a ceremony of love and those people were lucky to be included.

PS I just got married at the age of 38, my MOH at 38 and another girlfriend at 39 last year. Thankfully no one gave us any guff or they would have ended up outside on their ear. LOL.....

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine