Honeymoon's under $1,500...??

Online Users: 1,234 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 21

sstamper Posts : 621 Registered: 9/15/06
Honeymoon's under $1,500...??
Posted: Jan 18, 2007 11:55 AM

So my FH and I have about $1,200-1,300 for our honeymoon and that includes flights and food...can anyone help us find a nice honeymoon out side of the US? Not even sure if its possible all I have found it $2000 and up.....Thanks Ladies!!! OH and we are getting married Oct 13th 2007....We also live in MI.

Suzanne Message was edited by sstamper on Jan 18, 2007 11:56 AM Message was edited by sstamper on Jan 18, 2007 2:52 PM

Message was edited by sstamper on Jan 23, 2007 3:47 PM

Dancer Posts : 316 Registered: 4/23/06
Re: Honeymoon's under $1,500...??
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 6:03 PM Go to message in response to: sstamper

You need to provide more info on your location. If you live on the east Coast i would suggest the Poconos, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Miami or a cruise. If you live on the west coast i would suggest Vegas, Cancun, LA, or Hawaii ( and yes you guys can go to Hawaii from LA for under $1500, ive done it with a friend. There are flight specials to Maui from LA all the time and if you stay at a 3 or 4 star hotel for 5 days , there's your honeymoon). Now this won't be 5 star quality but you'll have an amazing honeymoon anyway. Another option is to use a debit or credit card to pay for your wedding that offers free airline mileage. Before you know it you've got a free flight. Good luck.

Posted: Jan 19, 2007 8:36 PM Go to message in response to: sstamper

Thats about all I wanted to spend on my Honeymoon too.  I live in Northern NY and would like to go somewhere warm like Hawaii, Jamaica, Bahamas.....something like that!  Does anyone think this would be possible for maybe 4-5 nights and only spending $1000-$1500?

Dancer Posts : 316 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Jan 20, 2007 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

NNYBride, if your in NY then Hawaii for that price is not an option. You can probably find an all-inclusive sale in Jamaica.

Posted: Jan 21, 2007 11:35 AM Go to message in response to: Dancer

Hmmmm. thats tough.  I know Hawaii is definitely out of your budget.  We stayed in Jamaica for 4 nights last yr, and it was 1300 dollars apeice for an all inclusive.

I would suggest looking at Our Lucaya on Grand Bahama Island-I wouldnt do an all inclusive b/c that raises the price.  Also, you will probably only be able to stay 2 or 3 nights to stay within your budget, but it will still be a nice getaway!  We are only doing a 5 night honeymoon, not the normal 7 nights.  You will just have to really limit your drinks and eating.  If you plan on drinking alot, you need to do all inclusive.  Most resorts charge 8 dollars min for a mixed drink. 

I would also check out expedia, and try to book your flight separately through a fare saver or something.  Also, leaving and returning on a week day may help cut out the costs too.  Like leave on Monday, return Thurs or Friday.  Another option could be to register for your Honeymoon which apparently lots of couples are doing these days...  I don't know much about it, but it could definitely help out and allow you to go somewhere nice and not have to worry so much about staying within your amount.  GL!

LizS Posts : 1,982 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: sstamper

Look in to Ambergris Caye, Belize.  Flights to Belize City are around $1400 US dollars.  Then, it's about $100 per person tp fly to the island of Ambergris Caye, Belize.  I would suggest staying at the Banana Beach Resort (www.bananabeach.com).  It is a mid-level resort and was fairly nice when we stayed there a few years ago.  There are nicer resorts on the island also, but you can stay there from $440- $700 for 5 nights.  Our room just had a balcony and was not an ocean front room.  But we barely spent any time in our room too.  So, you can definately go to Ambergris Caye, Belize.  I believe they also have a food plan too.  And, their food is actually very good there.  And, if you go to a restaurant the food is very reasonably priced too!

Posted: Jan 22, 2007 11:58 AM Go to message in response to: sstamper

check out Sun Palace in Cancun.  I was just checking it our and it's totally redone from the hurricane.  It's adult only and looks really nice.

They have prices from Milwaukee for 998.00 p/p

It just reopened so if your honeymoon is in the future the prices might be really good.

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: Jan 22, 2007 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: LizS

I had to post this alert.. no belize right now! 

I just got a US government warning.. ( we get these all the time) you can go and look as well..

Tourist being robbed, and killed.. this is very recent in the last couple of months.  We are holding off in sending anyone right now.  It is so unfortunate because it is absolutely beautiful there.

1500 is a very hard budget.. it can work.. but you have to be careful what you book. Sealed

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

Tammy

Posted: Jan 24, 2007 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: elitegrp

Hello, I'm getting married in Sept. 2007 - my honey and I are on a tight budget also, we are paying for the whole entire wedding our selves.....with almost 200 guests......our budget is $2000.00.....we are looking into a cruise leaving New York port (we are from PA) going to bermuda for 7 nights and the cost is about 700 each ocean view ......we have no air fare cause we will drive up to new york (2 and half hour drive) and it is a freestyle cruise with Norwegian cruise lines which is what we want...... not a bad deal..... has anyone been on a cruise to bermuda this is my first time for both the cruise and to bermuda .....any advice what to watch out for and any thing u suggest i go and see or do??? our ports are Hamilton and St. George..... thank you!!!!!

Nikki & John

9/29/2007

Jennamarie Posts : 24 Registered: 10/2/06
Posted: Jan 26, 2007 12:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I know this may sound crazy, but go to walmart.com and type in vacations and look at what they have to offer. You can get a cruise for about $300 a person. I have no idea what the dates are for that, but its worth looking into. I just wanted to let you ladies know about it. Not many people know that walmart has a travel agency. FH works for one of the Walmart Distribution centers, and we can get a discount! From what I checked out, I think it may be possible for us to go to Jamaica for seven nights for under three thousand! From what I've been looking at, thats pretty good for an all inclusive resort. Also, I saw on there that some resorts offer sample vacations, like four nights at a resort, for around $800 per person. Anyway.. I just wanted you to know about it! Good Luck!
"How great is God's goodness to have given you to me to love for a lifetime"

tanalynn Posts : 491 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 1:03 AM Go to message in response to: Jennamarie

I think I may go check walmart.com... Also my daughters name is Jenna Marie

sstamper Posts : 621 Registered: 9/15/06
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: Jennamarie

Thank you so Much I went and checked out wal-mart.com and I haven't booked anything yet b/c I still have some time but they really do have some great deals!
Suzanne

Posted: Feb 1, 2007 9:28 AM Go to message in response to: sstamper

Walmart does seem to have some good deals.  I compared the trip we want to go on with Walmart.com and Expedia.com and Expedia was actually about $200 cheaper. 

I can't believe I'm getting married this year!

Jennamarie Posts : 24 Registered: 10/2/06
Posted: Feb 1, 2007 11:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yea, FH and I haven't booked anything yet, we are still trying to decide exactly what we want to do and how much we want to spend, But i'm happy that the info has helped! Wow, thats great that expedia was cheaper, I'll have to check it out. :0)
"How great is God's goodness to have given you to me to love for a lifetime"

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: Jennamarie

Go to CheapCaribbean.com, they have some really good package deals.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine