MD bride to be --- proposed and uncertain wedding date: March 24 ,2007

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7
MD bride to be --- proposed and uncertain wedding date: March 24 ,2007
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 7:37 AM

Any MD brides out there?  I just got engaged the Sunday, January 14th.  I haven't actually picked a solid wedding date.  I'm hoping to get married just in time to move in our new house together.  A few friends suggested that I wait until I move in and do it in the summer.  But I'm thinking that I want to do before I move in because the regular flow of life will probably hinder me.  I'm currently staying with mom and I'm not paying a huge amount of rent.  My wedding list is not done but I'm set on only 100 people or less.  My budget not including my dress and rings is approx. $3500 or less.  I was thinking of doing a destination wedding but decided not to because I was thinking it could be more expensive, is it?  My wedding party will be me, my FH, flowergirl, ringbearer and possibly two bridesmaids.  I'm not sure where or how to begin.

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Re: MD bride to be --- proposed and uncertain wedding date: March 24 ,2007
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Is it safe to plan an outdoor wedding for that date wher eyou live?  If so, you could save a ton of money with a state park, local park, gardens, etc...  And, it will depend on if you pay for travel for those you listed...if you do, destination is likely to be more than your budget.  By the way, that's our date!!  :)  good luck with your planning!! Our wedding includes travel expenses for quite a few, but, we kept it to about 40 and fairly inexpensive rehearsal, venue, caterer, etc, and it is still going to be about 14,000 including our 4,000 honeymoon...It can be done but it sure is tough!!  that also doesn't include rings as the rings are family rings for both of us.  Good luck again!!  There are tons of great cost saving ideas in the various threads on this site that I wish I'd of read first.

Posted: Jan 17, 2007 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

I am a MD bride! :) Where in MD are you thinking?? It all depends on where you want to have it. I am getting married in Frederick at the Morningside Inn, it is sooo pretty but a little more then your budget. Let me know where in MD and I can maybe think of some ideas. GOOD LUCK!! 

Posted: Feb 8, 2007 10:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Umm you are saying you are getting married in a couple months, WOW.

Maryland and March, hmmm, talk to your church ASAP.  Get those classes in...

Go to JcPenny and get a Bridal Journal, for free, it has EVERYTHING you need to know, and lots of detail.

That time of year could be snowing, so you want an inside venue, but you also may want to check around to your friends and see if anyone knows anyone that sort of thing, like photographer, caterer, DJ.  That will save you LOTS of money.  Your favors you can do yourself, many things come from Party City, and the Dollar Store, those on a budget.

In your reception area, you may want to use plastic instead of linen, linen is more expensive.  Plastic though not what one would think as great formal wear, try it for your guest tables, with a cute center pieces that you can make yourself.

Also, Party City is running a sale until FEB 14. on cutery ...BUT try Sams first you may find in the bulk is a better buy.

With that many guest, they would totally understand plastic with a move on the way.

Flowers, use silk for the flower girl and for your arch if you have to decorate the place *reception/church* 

Look around to places that you can have them both in the same place, its less costly most of the time, and I have heard that many guest get lost in the shuffle from church to reception.

Go buffet style for Reception.

Dont do all the traditional stuff the books say, do what you want and STICK TO YOUR BUDGET !

Here at Brides they have a what is called a Budget Advisor, click that link and you can put in your budget, put in $5000 and see what you can do with that...

If I am wrong and its for NEXT YEAT MARCH, then you have plenty of time to save.

But go to JCpenny and get that BOOK ASAP !

Good Luck

PS You DONT have to use Plastic for the Wedding Party, try linen for that it will cost you way less because its not a BIG party to set. TRY DOVELINE.com I was told about this site for pricing right on the page, so GOOD LUCK !

KateS Posts : 208 Registered: 7/14/06
Posted: Feb 9, 2007 3:52 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I live in MD, but we are getting married in a vineyard in VA.  Of course, it will be June, so we don't have to worry about snow!  March or April will definately require indoors.  I know that sometimes the public golf courses have some nice halls to rent that aren't too expensive.  That might be one thing to try.

I have bought some of my stuff (centerpieces, decorations) off ebay.  It's easy shopping and good prices.

Craig's list has provided some of my vendors - DJ who seems really good (we called references). 

Good luck to you!

Posted: Feb 13, 2007 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I, Like you, have a small budget but I am working with a ton of time! I would look into community centers. They usually offer them really cheap. Where in MD are you located? I know that in montgomery county, where I live, on the county website they have some places they rent out for weddings and they are beautiful. Depending on where you are I could give you some more ideas. Let me know.

Posted: Mar 11, 2007 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Posted: Mar 12, 2007 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Reported to Brides.com, AOL, and MaryKay for SPAMMING

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine