Colors for a September wedding?????

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15
Colors for a September wedding?????
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 11:42 PM

Please help if any have any ideas for colors for a september wedding? In dresses, flowers, Reception, anything. What is the color for September????

Re: Colors for a September wedding?????
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 2:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

It all depends on preference. I originally was going to get married at the end of September  and was going to do burgundy, dark orange and yellow. I'm now getting married in april and doing lavender and teal. 

If you want something fun and spunky you could use Gerbera daisies

gerbera

or if you're going for something more elegant try matching a pale shade with a bright. 

just a few ideas 

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Any color or combo that you love is THE color. My three rules for color are:

You love it. It's flattering. It fits your venue (doesn't clash).

Fabric weights on dresses, individual flower selections, etc. can change. But, colors are up to you. I have a huge photo library and can send you pics of just about anything you want if you contact me.

myra at www.classysassyweddings.com

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 17, 2007 8:20 AM Go to message in response to: myra

Hi. If youre asking what the September color/birthstone is, its SAPPHIRE. Its a beautiful blue color. So you could use that,which would be gorgeous...or you could go with an autumn theme of falling leaves, oranges,reds,browns,etc.

But like Myra siad, any color will be fine in September as long as you like it.

Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: Jan 19, 2007 9:05 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I'm getting married Sept 29, and my colors are burgundy and coral.  They look really good together.  Do a google search of fall wedding images and you'll get some really good ideas.

Emerald928 Posts : 155 Registered: 3/31/06
Posted: Jan 19, 2007 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married in September, and we have chosen ivory and crimson, with burnt orange accents. Think about chocolate and yellow (use sunflowers for a fall touch), chocolate and a pale shade such as pink or aqua, or an evergreen with tan accents.

Hartley Posts : 139 Registered: 2/8/07
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: Emerald928

I'm also a September bride, and my colours are decidedly vibrant -- crimson, sultry deep orange, vibrant yellow -- all blended together into incredible fire-tones.  I can hardly wait to see it all.  (Note, because the flowers are bright, the BMs are all in black tea-length dresses with antiqued gold accents... with red lipstick to tie the look together.)

Then again, this is probably much the same as what I'd have for ANY season... I just love reds and fire-tones.  Wink

But then, that brings the important question -- is there any colour you just love?  Or, is there any colour you just hate?  That should give you a good starting point.  Then narrow it down further by the colours of the flowers that are in-season, as well as the colours that your BMs do and don't look good in. 

From there, you'll have a list of colours that you can work with to combine.  Some combos will work, others won't.  Get some help on this one... it makes life easier!  Then -- ta da! -- you have colours!

Posted: Feb 13, 2007 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am actually getting married in the Spring but my engagement party was in the fall, the first day of fall in fact.  It was so beautiful to have all of the reds, browns, and oranges.  You can get beautiful fall invitations from Carlson Craft with leaves.  On our cake we had mums.  You are lucky to have your wedding in Fall!!

Soon I will marry the love of my life!
Daisypath Ticker

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2007 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with Myra and Kelley: whatever color(s) you want! Mine is going to be (most likely) in September, and I am doing light lavender and pale green.  Probably sounds like colors for a spring wedding, but I didn't care, it's what I like! Smile

Posted: Feb 15, 2007 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

we are getting married on sept 28, the bridesmaids are wearing a dark blue not quite navy but not as bright as sapphire. I am still working on the flowers and accent colors. I chose this because my birthstone is sapphire as well as my favorite color and i thought it was something different. I have been to several sept weddings and the colors were anything from red to pastel yellow. hope this helps some.

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Feb 16, 2007 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Our wedding is going to be on Sep. 22nd and our colours will be similar to the ones LUCKYinLOVE29 posted.

You should choose what you and your FH like....Maybe you both should make a list of your favourite colours and pick the one which you and FH like....

gregsgirl Posts : 252 Registered: 12/19/06
Posted: Feb 19, 2007 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm having a September wedding as well. My bridesmaids will wear either dark green or brown, and the flowers and such will be various shades of dark red, orange, and gold.

SoInLove987 Posts : 415 Registered: 1/31/07
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I live in Florida and since the seasons never erally change, I didnt feel obligated to choose a color based on the season. Do whatever you feel like! Im getting married is September as well and I chose dark red and white because I like those two colors together and they are really elegant. Im trying to be different in my wedding choices and Im the type of girl who would rather grap some food at Dennys then go to a fancy restaurant so elegant is a nice change for me. Do what feels good and dont worry about having the "right" color for the season!

I dont know how to work the Ticker thing so.....Wedding Date September 8, 2007!!! Cant wait to marry the man of my dreams!!! <3

Sept22Bride Posts : 65 Registered: 4/18/06
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Have you picked out your reception hall yet? If you haven't, you might want to wait until you see their color scheme, then you can work off of that. I agree with all the others, go with the colors you love. 

I also found this color wheel that might help you pick.

http://www.brides.com/weddingstyle/receptions/colorstudio/

I'm getting married in September, and my colors are Dark Purple, Black and Champagne.

Shannon & Paul ~ 09/22/07

Posted: Feb 28, 2007 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: Sept22Bride

I'm getting married Sept. 15 in Florida, and my colors are blue (Alfred Angelo color Indigo) and silver.  Blue is our favorite color, so we went with what we like.  I'm going to do white flowers for the bridesmaids (either roses or hydrangeas) and maybe red flowers for me.  Then we have a little red, white and blue, since FH is a veteran!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine