Strange Happenings...bad joke, maybe?

Online Users: 1,255 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6
Strange Happenings...bad joke, maybe?
Posted: Jan 14, 2007 10:40 PM

Hi Ladies!

Starting almost two weeks ago, I started getting Brides Magazine and Modern Brides magazines in the mail.  I thought...I not engaged and so was rather frustrated to get something like this...plus I had not personally subscribed to them!  Eeek!  How frustrating!  Then...a few days later I get an email from Brides.com congratulating me on my engagement!?  My boyfriend and I have been daiting for almost 3yrs and we have DEFINATELY talked about marriage and I am almost certain it will happen for us...but weird. 

Anyway, I called brides.com to ask because I did not want to be charged for these magazines...the girl I spoke with on the other line said..."Oh my gosh...I want to cry..." and asked me if I knew anything, I told her no....she said she didn't want to tell me anything else...I'm trying to relax meanwhile my boyfriend is still acting normal....

Anyway...any suggestions?

Re: Strange Happenings...bad joke, maybe?
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

That is too funny.  Maybe they sent out the issues and everything before they were supposed to?  I don't know what else to tell you, other than just wait and see.  Be sure and keep us updated!!!!!!  :)

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wait, Im confused lol. The girl on the phone said she wanted to cry? Why? Very odd. Only thing I can think of is maybe he is planning all these subscriptions etc as part of a very planned out proposal? But I dont know... how would the girl on the phone know that though? Im still confused lol.
Kelley Lynn:)

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

What did your BF say about them?? 

It's sort of weird though how the lady you spoke with said what she did.  I mean there's gotta be tons of people working customer service, how would she know something??

Strange, keep us updated.  (o:

Daisypath Ticker

Re: Strange Happenings...bad joke, maybe?, Part II
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 9:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks for your comments!  Okay...to answer most of your posts in one...My bf seems annoyed when I ask him the magazine subscription so I've left him alone.  The girl from customer service for brides magazine said the subscription was because of a gift with purchase from the zales corporation...she said she did not want to tell me any more information and was really excited.  I had my friend do some research (because I was too chicken)...I had her call zales and ask about promotions they had with brides magazines and they said that last year (2006) they had a promotion where they sent the bride a free subscription with purchase of an engagement ring!  Yikes...exciting!?!  More like nerve racking...I wonder if my BF even realizes what he's done...what if he waits another 6 months or longer to propose?! 

I'm having trouble relaxing...someone help me maintain!

Thanks for your help,

tookieca

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jan 16, 2007 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

It sounds like maybe he bought your engagement ring there , and then wasnt aware of this promotion. So thats why when you ask him about the bridal magazines, he is acting annoyed... because now his surprise is ruined! He probably thinks that you have started to figure it out and that annoys him. Which I dont blame him for. Thats what I would imagine is happening, but I dont know. If I were you, Id just lay low for awhile and dont mention the mags anymore and also stop looking into it so much... just let things happen. I KNOW THATS HARD lol I was a mess before my hubby proposed, knowing it would happen soon but having no clue when or where. Im the most impatient person on earth, so it wasnt easy for me lol. But I think if thats what he is planning, itll make it easier on him if youre not so suspicious and doing research on why youre getting mags. If you get more, just casually say "cool. free mag.' and leave it at that. Let us know what happens!!!
Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: Jan 16, 2007 5:25 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Thanks for your advice...knowing my BF...it was not his intentions for me to know anything at all!  he's good at holding onto a secret...your right the best advice is to lay low and forget about even if I keep getting issues of this crazy mag!  It's kind of funny...and at the end of the day i laugh...it makes me smile!  I'll keep you posted on my happenings!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine