hair jewels

Online Users: 1,319 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

marie2 Posts : 30 Registered: 11/14/06
hair jewels
Posted: Jan 13, 2007 9:23 PM

im looking for something pretty to go in my hair instead of a tiara and veil like a butterfly or jewels or something. does anyone know where i can get something like that?

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Re: hair jewels
Posted: Jan 15, 2007 12:15 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

I got some hairpins with jewels from DB.  Pearls and crystals.  But, I am using a tiara and veil also.  They'll be in where she's putting in bobby pins so that it still looks nice when the veil comes off after ceremony.  I think claires has jewels also, but, I liked the ones at DB better.  I'm pretty sure you can find them online also.  

RockChalkChick Posts : 48 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Jan 21, 2007 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

I used velcro-backed "pearls" for my brother's wedding, and am considering something similar for my own. I'd seen velcro-backed and ones with little snaps in the stores for prom and such, alongside the bobby-pin styles. Here comes my cheapskate DIY side: I made my own!

I liked the way the velcro-backed stuff looked, no chance of pins poking out and looking silly, but I couldn't see paying $5 for 6 when we wanted several per girl. So, I went to a craft store and got sticky-backed velcro and half-round pearl beads. I used a round paper hole-punch to pop chunks out of the hook side of the velcro, peeled the backing, and stuck on a pearl. It took probably an hour and about $5 in materials, and we had about 60 stick-on pearls that clung very well to the up-dos.

You could definitely do something similar with tiny rhinestones or other gems, if you like something more sparkly - for something so simple, they look very nice and stay quite well, even on "down" hair.

Posted: Jan 31, 2007 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

You can find a ton of hair pins and jewels on eBay. I bought mine from ak_jewelry - Good products and inexpensive!

http://stores.ebay.com/FashionJewelryExchange

Posted: Feb 9, 2007 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

Another great place I found with a lot of hair jewels is www.butterflyenchantressdesigns.com  They have hair pins and combs and even hair vines that you can twist into your hair.  That's where I got a great deal for my hair accessories for my wedding.

Posted: Mar 4, 2007 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

I got these from the weddingchannel.com store, and I just had my hair and makeup consultation yesterday and they worked out great.

I also found some brooches from amazon.com (they are just the normal pins, but your hairdresser can easily put them in your hair).

Posted: Mar 7, 2007 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

Claire's does have a big selection and so cheap I bought a bunch to try out. Whatever you do, don't get suckered into paying a lot for this stuff, it all looks the same whether it's $6 or 600. I prefer the $12 pearl/crystal headband I bought at Claires to the much more expensive things wedding places sell. They know that you're at your most irrational point in your life and your wallet is wide open!!Laughing

Posted: Mar 14, 2007 9:16 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

David's bridal has some nice jewel clusters for about $20.00...other than that I would look at someplace like Claire or Icing custom jewelry stores.

Good luck!

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 7:17 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

Check out Sylvan Spirit. Just do a Google search. I believe they have their own website. They do gorgeous pieces. I've got a beautiful custom made hair comb. They have some made but you can also custom order one. I love their stuff.

coliebrian1 Posts : 75 Registered: 8/17/07
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 7:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi, you can buy things like 'iron on' crystals from AC Moore and Wal Mart, or anything you want to put in your hair and use eyelash glue to make them stick.

Getting married March 7th, 2008!!

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Mar 1, 2008 8:20 PM Go to message in response to: coliebrian1

I found solitare rhinestone twists at Wal-Mart. I wore them as a bridesmaid last summer - they lined either side of my french braid.

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: coliebrian1

To the girl that suggested eyelash glue (forgot you name, sorry!):

This is a fabulous idea! Thanks SO MUCH for it! I am having a garden wedding in April and my hair will be curly and partly down...no veil or triara. I wanted something to add elegaance, though...so I decided to have pearls and tiny rhinestones miscellaneously placed in the curls. The twists didn't work since my hair is down, the velcro jewels looked bulky, and bobby pins just hung there....but this worked great.. I got clear eyelash glue instead of black and you can't even tell anything is holding them in! best yet, unlike other glues...this washed out afterwards. Thanks so much I recommend this suggestion to anyone!
GETTING MARRIED APRIL 19, 2008!!!

Message was edited by: AlwaysMrsS

LovePark Posts : 241 Registered: 2/27/08
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hair comb I got mine from naugi.com. The princessy type crowns and tiaras are just not my style. So I bought this for about $42.
            www.momentville.com/stephanieandmike

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 1:04 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

check out etsy.com for some fun ideas that are artistic and unique

blushingbride0889 Posts : 7 Registered: 10/16/08
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 3:52 PM Go to message in response to: marie2

If there is a Claire's or Icing near where you live you might want to try them. They have lots of pretty hair accessories.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine