September 2007 Brides????

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 28
September 2007 Brides????
Posted: Jan 4, 2007 12:31 PM

Hello...........

My Fiance and I are looking to get married in September (9/9/07 to be exact). I just want to know if there is any other brides looking to get married in September 2007?

Any tips or suggestions? All we've got is our date put after that I'm stumpYell We don't know what type of wedding to do.

Looking forward to talking/sharing ideas with Sept. Brides!Laughing 

null

Samala Posts : 561 Registered: 12/19/06
Re: September 2007 Brides????
Posted: Jan 4, 2007 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am a September Bride! We just set the date with the church Today!

<u>  St.Als.org  </u>Thats where we will be getting married. I wish there were more pictures on there to show. But that one is pretty good.

I am so excited! I cannot wait to start planning! 

YAY!!!

.:Samala:.

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi SpanglertoBe! First of all, congratulations!  I'm getting married the weekend before, Sept. 1, 2007.  Did you just get engaged?  I think that you just need to start dreaming about your wedding a little...what's your favorite color?  Any favorite flowers?  Are you and your FH formal people, or more casual?  What's your style: classic, romantic, sleek and modern, hippie casual, beach casual, preppy, elegant? What's your budget (that should definitely help you narrow down ideas!)? 

I'm sure you actually do have at least a couple ideas that you can start from.  Have you started looking for a dress?  Paged through bridal magazines?  Start pulling out pictures of things that appeal to you, and hopefully you'll start seeing common threads...

You said you don't know what "type" of wedding to do.  Does this mean you are looking for a more specific theme?  Since your wedding (like mine!) is near the beginning of September, you could do a fall theme or you could stick to a summer feeling.  I don't know where you are, but I'm in the upper Midwest, and here the beginning of September still feels like summer.

Seriously, if you haven't bought any bridal magazines yet, treat yourself to a few.  They'll help!  And I know the girls here have tons of ideas, too!

"Love is friendship set on fire." ~ Jeremy Taylor, 1613-1667

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 4:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Spanglertobe.  I'm a late September/early October bride (we havent exactly picked a date yet) and im feeling stumped as well!!!  I have a vision of what i'd like to do, but i have no idea where to start!!  We're having it in my parents backyard (over an acre of land and pond) and know it will be a small wedding...and like i said, i can envision what i want it to look like...but i have no idea where to start!  I'm feeling overwhelmed already...aggghhhh! 

Posted: Jan 4, 2007 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hello Everyone........I'm glad to know I'm not the only stumped.Yell We both live in South Florida and we both agree on having our wedding here so it's mostly like summer all year around. We really haven't decided where we would like our wedding to be (beach, Disney, church,etc.) All we know is that we want it to be a small wedding. Our budget is workable but I guess I just don't know where to start. I know time goes by so fast and I don't want it to catch up with me.

Colors We Are thinking about is read & beige/nude color.

I'm soo excited to marry my best friend and looking forward to our life together. But for now I'm sooo overwhelmed tooLaughing 

null

sstamper Posts : 621 Registered: 9/15/06
Posted: Jan 4, 2007 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

CONGARTS!!!  my FH and I are also getting married in Sept07 (22nd) Although I have not gotten much done, (i'm stressing out) We know what we what, We are going to be doing A Black and White with a hit of red, rose and lots of candles our big promblem is we don't have the church or the site yet altough we do have app. made to look at them. Good Luck and HAVE FUN!!!
Suzanne

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 4:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi September '07 brides! Congratulations to you all!

I am a September bride, too, and we have only set the date and nothing else - 09/15/07. 

I thought I would start to look for a location first. How do you get started? Any suggestions and tips will be highly appreciated!

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Jan 5, 2007 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: lmc07

Hello everyone!  I'm a Sept. bride as well, but FH and I have been engaged since April of 06...needless to say, i've had a lot of planning time...so when i tell you what I have done..don't get scared Wink

I have Ceremony Site, Reception Site, DJ, Photographer, FH and MIL will be makeing the cake, so that's done. I think I have the bridesmaids dresses picked out, i've got the color scheme..and caterer is picked but not paid for yet......

With that said...when you are getting started and trying to figure out what you want, look at wedding magazines...scour brides.com and theknot.com in the real weddings sections.  They have so many great ideas.  I ended up going with Chocolate and Blue for my colors...and Blue isn't even my favorite color!  Once I found the ceremony site (a rose garden) a lot of other things started falling into place.  It gave me a good idea as to how I wanted my wedding to "feel".  If you have any questions, or need any advice from a fellow Sept bride...just let me know..I'll be happy to help.

Oh and it's probably worth mentioning that the date is Sept. 8th, and i am planning from afar....I live in Phoenix, and the wedding is in Indiana....GOOD LUCK!!

Posted: Jan 5, 2007 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

Hi!  I'm a Sept bride too, the 29 to be exact.  We've been engaged since July, so I've had time to do quite a few things.  I've got the church & reception site booked, photographer selected, caterer picked, dress bought and paid for, centerpieces picked and parts thereof purchased, music chosen, wedding party chosen, and the rings picked out.  Oh, and our colors are burgundy and coral.

Look through bridal magazines and search the internet...there is no shortage of wedding info on the web.  Keep checking here, the ladies are always handy with new ideas.  Good luck and congratulations!

SoonToBeAWard Posts : 280 Registered: 5/22/06
Posted: Jan 8, 2007 6:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi there, we are getting married on Friday Sept 21. So far we have booked our venue and booked our photographer. We are getting married in our hometown (Brisbane, Australia) but live in Sydney.

A family friend is making our wedding cake and doing the flowers. I have a makeup trial booked for February (same day as our engagement party) and a hair trial booked for July (same day as my hen's party)

I have had my first consultation with my dressmaker and have my first fitting at the beginning of February.

Other things we have settled on are - I have chosen my MOH and bridesmaid. We know what kind of wedding we are having. We have some ideas on the stationery we want to use for our invitations. We know what we are using for our wedding favours. We know what colours we are using - black and white with an accent of fuscia. Wedding night accommodation.

Things yet to decide on or haven't booked - my fiance hasn't decided on best man and groomsman. First dance song. Celebrant.

I found deciding on a wedding dress was the hardest part. As soon as I had settled on a gown, I saw another dress which I thought I liked better. My dressmaker has given me strict instructions to stop looking at bridal magazines!

I think (I hope!) I have things under control. I am trying to focus on the one task at at time, and once I have completed that task I start on another one. It seems to be working. We are really lucky in that both of our families in Brisbane are offering their help wherever they can, and I have friends in Sydney who have made the same offers of help.

Posted: Jan 12, 2007 1:00 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am getting married on 09/01/07!  We are doing an outdoor garden wedding.  For the type of wedding, I would decide what you and your fiance are most comfortable with.  Also what fits in your budget.  Ours will be outside, but in the evening so it's a little less casual.  I'm SO excited though!

Posted: Jan 12, 2007 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm getting married on the 1st too!!!  YAY!

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: Jan 12, 2007 6:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi everyone...

Just an update. We had to change our wedding date, because the location was already booked for that day. Now we are having it one week later (09/22/07).

I have read the other posts here and I have to admit that I got a little bit afraid, because the only thing we have done so far is to book the location!!!!! ahhhhh!!!

Am I too far behind the schedule??

Posted: Jan 15, 2007 9:21 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

hello

we are getting married on 9-28-07, we have been engaged for over a year so we have most of the big stuff done. I chose sapphire blue for bridesmaids but dont know of any accent colors yet, i am working on flower girl dresses and invites right now.  to save money on magazines i was going to the library and looking at the bridal mags and printing out pages i thought were interesting. The bridal shop that i got the dresses at told me to not look as much because i will get overwhemed and keep wanting to change what i already have with the new things that come out.  good luck planning.

Posted: Jan 29, 2007 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am a September 1, 2007 bride as well.  I started planning our wedding even before he proposed.  I made him buy the ring about a year before when I found the one that I wanted.  I know bad me!   Anyway we knew we could not get married until I was almost done with college or I would risk loosing my financial aid.  So when I realized I would be graduating in December 07, we really started talking about it.  I work full time and go to school generally with 6 classes a semester so during school I have no time. Between last summer and over Christmas break I managed to get the DJ, Photographer, Ceremony site, Reception Location, chair covers and linen rentals, florist (cheated because my cousin is a florist), videographer, rehearsal dinner, hotel, flights for honeymoon, honeymoon lodging, theme, colors, ordered dress, have bridesmaid jewelry and shoes, save the dates sent, and have some decorations already for the reception.We are doing a football themed wedding so it kind of made things a bit easier.   With all of that out of the way it makes it easier.  Now we are just left with little details such as accessories like ring pillow, aisle runner, invitations to be ordered.   My only major obstacle I have found is that we live in Arizona and are getting married in Michigan.  Our house is for sale and we are moving to Ohio so I can go for my masters degree.  I so want to be in Michigan by July.  It would just make things so much easier.  My MOH cant plan my shower until we know for sure what were doing.    Ahh such fun.  

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine