'09 Brides!!!

Online Users: 1,318 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

darkchild24 Posts : 196 Registered: 9/1/06
'09 Brides!!!
Posted: Oct 19, 2006 9:19 PM

i thought that since there was another post for 08 brides, why not start one for those of us who are getting married in 2009?! what all have you guys started to do as far as planning goes?

futuremrsmcfadden Posts : 16 Registered: 9/14/06
Re: '09 Brides!!!
Posted: Nov 10, 2006 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: darkchild24

Hi darkchild.... I'm an 09 bride and thought i was the only one out there..... We are getting married in sept. of 2009.... it seems like soooo farrrr awwaaaayyy..... I know i'm jumping the gun here, but i am going this weekend to try on some dresses and see what styles i like, i don't plan on purchasing one, but i just want to see what looks good on me.  The beginning of next year my FH and I plan on booking our reception site and our church & stuff, and i want to make my own favors (which i think are going to be small wind chimes) and the wedding being so far away gives me plety of time to make them and to pay for them... a little at a time!!! Congrats 09 brides!!!

Posted: Nov 11, 2006 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmcfadden

oh that sounds like so much fun! i wish i had the time to go and try on to see what would look good on me, but i've decided to seriously get in shape before that..good luck and let me know how your trip goes!

Posted: Nov 14, 2006 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: darkchild24

well the trip dress shopping was very interesting..... i went with 2 girlfriends who are planning weddings as well but they are both like a size 4 and i'm not.... so i had a hard time finding dresses to even try on..... and i got more frustrated at teh fact that they tried on more then i did, although i did find one i absolutely LOVED and it was only $600.00!! Too bad its WAYYYYYY to early to purchase it... i guess if its ment to be it will be there when i go back for it. And it did force me to want to get in shape....LMAO

Posted: Nov 14, 2006 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmcfadden

well hey..we could always be workout buddies or whatever! i think in the summer of'07 i'll start going around to different shops and get an idea of what i want. i started my diet Monday, and so far things haven't gone so good, but i'm trying to get back on track. my FH and i will most likely both be attending school at the time we get married, myself guarenteed..and i'm starting to wonder whether or not to postpone it until i've graduated, or possibly bringing up the idea of going to a JP and getting married on our currently set date and then just having the real wedding after i'm out of school...idk, but i've started putting a little money back here and there, that's mainly what will make our decision. what did the dress you found look like?

Posted: Nov 14, 2006 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: darkchild24

the dress was GORGEOUS..... instead of having the pearl type beads on it these were clear and gave the illusion of glitter almost and the back of it laced up like a corset and it was gatherd in themiddle near my belly button and sort of "split" in the front w/ more crystals down the front.... thats the funniest part... the name of the dress was "lace up split front CRYSTAL" and Crystal is my NAME!!!

I started a work out last monday then over this past weekend i came down with and ear infection and throat infection.... needless to say my weeks worth of effort went down the drain.... i plan on starting again next monday after i get better.... Do you have AIM or email? we could chat that way too....

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 6:25 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmcfadden

Don't get discouraged with the size of the dress, they tend to run small, but look huge.  My wedding dress is a 10 but it feels like an 8, maybe.  

Posted: Nov 15, 2006 9:01 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmcfadden

oh i hate ear infections! i already have a history of hearing problems, and when i get them...it sucks big time. i hope you start feeling better soon! that is funny that your dress shares your name. i've been looking on search engines for one named Laura. i bet you looked gorgous! i have AIM and Yahoo!

AIM: bendbeckham7

Yahoo!: mysteriouseyez2005

Email: mysteriouseyez2005@yahoo.com

Posted: Nov 15, 2006 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: darkchild24

my aim is Badgirl4282

email: badgirl4282@hotmail.com

hourglass Posts : 3 Registered: 11/21/06
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: darkchild24

Thank God I'm not the only one.  Why are people making me feel bad for choosing MY wedding date?

Posted: Nov 22, 2006 8:03 AM Go to message in response to: hourglass

people are making me feel bad too.... about starting planning already..... its MY wedding and I can plan as soon as I want to!!!! Grrrr.....lol

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmcfadden

I have a question and it is not meant to offend anyone so please do not take it that way...but can someone explain the purpose or reasoning behind a 2+ year engagement? I'm just curious that's all. Again not trying to offend anyone.

Posted: Nov 22, 2006 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: 49ersfanatic

no offense take by me..... our reasoning is that we have to pay for it on our own and dont want to go into debt doing so. We are saving every penny we can, using our tax money as down payments, so i can have the wedding of my dreams, and not be paying for it 5 yrs down the road from loans and whatnot.... my parents have no money to help us out with and his mom doesn't have any money to help with either, so that is our reason for waiting so long to get married.

Alsoan09bride Posts : 1 Registered: 11/22/06
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmcfadden

I am so glad to find more 09 brides.  I just got engaged this week and told my mom tonight that we are planning for a May 2009 wedding and she thought I was crazy for waiting so long. Both my FH and I are in our 30's and he will be finishing up school in May 2007 and then needs to look for a full-time job.  With having a 2009 wedding I figure this will give us time to save and plan for a beautiful wedding that won't leave us in debt.  My parents are both retired so I know they have limited funds and we will pay for most of the wedding. Sorry, to have vented a little on you as you are someone I have never met but I'm glad to find that there are other 09 brides out there.

Posted: Nov 23, 2006 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: Alsoan09bride

congrats!! i'll be in college at the time i get married, so that's one of my main reasons for having a June 2009 wedding. plus if we start saving up money now, things may not be so stressing later on.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine