Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:24 PM

We are thinking of having sparklers.

What are you doing?

Agape,

Ally

I can't believe I'm marrying my Best FriendKiss

Re: POLE: Instead of throwing rice...
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: allymo23

Probably bubbles when we exit the church, I love the look of them in pictures.  As for leaving the reception, no idea... sparklers would be awesome, but I heard they're sort of pricey?

Jamie and Bill
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: allymo23

Our wedding and reception was in the same room....so we didn't do anything. I like the rose petals idea though

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:33 PM Go to message in response to: allymo23

I am doing wedding wands!  I didn't want anything thrown at me and everyone does bubbles.  I made them myself and they are sooooo cute!  They are just wooden sticks with an eye screw on one end with long ribbons in my colors tied to it.  I also tied little jingle bells to them.  I can't see them all waving as we exit the church.

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i wanted petals because i think it looks sooo pretty! check out the pic in my profile. those are the petals. but we got carnation petals because they are TONS cheaper, do not stain since they have no oil in them and look just as nice!!!

best wishes

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

jgorczy ...I though of that picture you mentioned when I said the flower petals....I love that picture the way the petals were caught on the bottom of your dress!! It was so pretty.

JenlovesDon Posts : 414 Registered: 6/20/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:18 PM Go to message in response to: allymo23

Sparklers sound great!

We are just doing the bubbles because the church has a rule about rice, bird seed, etc.

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon

Actually, sparklers are super cheap. You can get them for like $.10 a piece on Ebay or even cheaper sometimes. I had a friend do it because her FH was a Marine. We're doing bubbles because it's inside and we don't feel like picking up the rose petals. :)

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sparklers are a great idea!  Does anyone have anything other suggestions besides rice, bubbles, bells, etc.  I would love to do flower petals, but I worry about the cost.

allymo23 Posts : 441 Registered: 9/14/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 5:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My friend got married in July and they had everyone throw Lavender. It smelled so good and was beautiful!

I do like the rose petal idea too...hmmm....decisions decisions.....

Agape,

Ally

I can't believe I'm marrying my Best FriendKiss

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 8:11 PM Go to message in response to: allymo23

You can do silk flower petals. You can get them at Michael's for around 200-500 in a pack for $5.

Posted: Oct 14, 2006 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow, I have never heard of using carnation petals! Where did you get them from? How much do you think you saved? DO you have any pics?

Posted: Oct 14, 2006 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: allymo23

I was thinking of doing sparklers at one point, and someone had mentioned that the normal sparklers don't last long enough for everyone to get them lit in time.  Here's a good sight for long sparklers http://www.sparklersonline.com/content.aspx?ContentID=1&CategoryID=1

I am thinking of doing rose petals since it will go with our phantom of the opera theme(and I really like those little paper cones you can make out of sheet music, or wrapping paper with music notes)...but it will be dark our when we make our exit, so I am still debating!

Posted: Oct 14, 2006 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We're having a fall wedding, so the decorations at the reception will be pumpkins, gourds, etc.  My fiance has been teasing me and telling me he wants people to thorw Indian corn at us.  You know, the hard colored stuff that you use as decorations? Surprised I told him no, that would hurt, and I'm not having people throw corn a me...lol.  He's just teasing, so we're kind of up in the air about what to throw.  One thing for sure, we don't want bubbles since everyone does that.  I like the idea of sparklers as we leave the reception.  We'll have to talk to our pastor about what she will allow and go from there.  

Posted: Oct 15, 2006 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: allymo23

We had our ceremony and reception in the same room so there wasn't really a place to toss rice outside or do sparklers.   I planned to have the guests that were sitting on the isle throw rose petals after the ceremony as we were walking out.  

I gave our groomsmen very clear instructions to pass out the cones with the petals to the guests sitting on the isle seats AND to tell the guests to toss the petals  AFTER the ceremony as we were walking out.   Well our groomsmen couldn’t get a thing right!  

My big fear was always that I would be crying uncontrollably as my father walked me down the isle.   Well, instead of trying not to cry too hard I ended up having to try not to laugh too hard!  Guests were throwing the petals at me the whole way IN!   

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine