This should be fun!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 19

Lisa75 Posts : 271 Registered: 8/15/06
This should be fun!!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 3:35 PM

When I was little I always imagined who would be the man that I would marry.  I wanted him to be dark headed, blue eyes, kind of skinny, and definitly no hair on his chest or face, kind of like the guys you see in the ambercrombie ads. 

My man has no hair (he shaves his whole head at least twice a week), hazel eyes, a little on the heavier side (in the belly) but still strong and masculine looking, not only does he have hair on his chest and face it is also on his back (he probably would kill me for telling you guys that) , and is a country boy with straight jeans and boots.  AND I love everything about him.  Now I wouldn't want the man I dreamed about.

I was just wondering if any of you had dreams of who you would marry and did they turn out to be completely different or did you get the man of your childhood dreams.

Re: This should be fun!!!
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

I wanted a man like my Dad: reliable, warm, fun, friendly, affectionate, personable, hard working, patient, and blue eyed. I guess I have it all:) Jon is all of those things( and he has the most riveting blue eyes I've ever seen).

I didn't have a " dream boy" really. And I never had a vision of a " dream wedding".

Emily and Jon

Posted: Oct 12, 2006 4:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I always pictured myself with a tall, athletic guy with great hair and of course no hair on his chest!  My man also shaves his head and was never really into athletics and has a hairy chest which now I think is sexy.  Not a fur coat but enough to play with!  I would never change a thing!  I also dreamed of a man who would treat me like a princess and guess I got that one covered because I feel like a princess every day I am with him!

Dancer Posts : 316 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wanted someone like my father as well (tall, dark and handsome). I envisioned a man with a keen sense of style and a great body. I dated him for 12 years (since i was 15) and he left without speaking to me and refused to take my phone calls. I'm now engaged to short and adorably chubby, with no sense of style and has probably never lifted a dumbell in his life. Life is weird like that.

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

I never really had a "dream guy" Maybe someone fairly built, tall and clean shaven. I'm marrying a short pudgy little man with at least two days stuble on his face. lol.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 12, 2006 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

whats weird is that when I was young, I always used to go for the Artist type... musicians, actors, comics, (because I myself am all of those things and was always attracted to it) ... guys that were very passionate and "struggling" in some way. I also always dated shorter guys with dark hair ....

Well In 2 weeks Im marrying a man who is 6ft 4 and an EMT, not in the Arts at all, and has light hair. I never would have pictured myself with him in the past, but now I cant picture myself without him. :)

Now, if you go WAY back to the 80s, during my pre-teen years, my obsession was Michael Jackson. I wanted to MARRY him. But this is back in the day when he moonwalked, dated Brooke Shields, and was still black lol. He was my teenage crush.

Kelley Lynn:)

ChrissLady Posts : 1,352 Registered: 4/5/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 10:45 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Mike was my crush too!! LOL  My, how things have changed. 

I thought I would married my junior high sweetheart, a black football player that was my arch-enemy through elementary, I dated through high school and some of college.  I am marrying my white, ex - Marine hunny bunny that I have known since my first day of high school.  Talk about different.

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

I always thought I would marry my best friend from middle school, Dan. We were so close and no matter what happened, we could tell each other anything. In highschool, even though I was dating his best friend, he came to me and helped me out through our breakup which was hard. The night Nathan and I went on our first date, I knew he was a keeper. He was everything I loved about my father plus everything I'm not. He balances me out, keeps me social. The day I told Dan's family that I was engaged to Nathan, they looked at me like I had stabbed them. They thought that one day Dan and I would get married, too. They are happy for me, but I think they still believe Dan and I will end up together. Sorry guys, Nathan is my one and only. 

Posted: Oct 13, 2006 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

yeah i thought i was going to marry my friend that i knew from elementary school. everybody use to say we would make a good couple. lol, we use to always be grossed out about it. lol, but now i'm marrying a short, 5'6, nice sweet guy haha

** i couldn't be any happier without juan**

mrslilysolovely Posts : 2,130 Registered: 7/24/06
Posted: Oct 13, 2006 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

FH is nothing that I ever imagined and he loves me more than any man I ever met (except for dad, of course). I always thought it would be my high-school sweetheart - tall, thin, blonde, my age.

I got 5'10'' and muscular - older than me, blonde hair, but graying slightly - oh and facial hair - I never thought I would go for facial hair, but I can't imagine him without his mustache and goatee. I can't imagine life without him. I am blessed to have found a man to love me so much better than HS Sweetheart ever did.

allymo23 Posts : 441 Registered: 9/14/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2006 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: mrslilysolovely

My FH is just like I imagined: tall dark and handsome with black curly hair, muscular, funny, and absolutely adores meSmile

Agape,

Ally

I can't believe I'm marrying my Best FriendKiss

Posted: Oct 16, 2006 7:57 AM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

Hmm, well I always had a thing for foreigners, especially dark haired, dark eyed, and a cute accent so I guess I got my wish.  :)

Megan

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Oct 16, 2006 8:06 AM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

I guess growing up I always thought I'd marry some prince charming lol.  I dated my best friend off and on from the age I was 12 until right before I met my now FH (I was 22).  I started thinking I was going to marry him because I thought if we kept going back to each other then it must mean something.  Well I now realize the only thing it meant was we were lonely and filled a void when there was nobody else there.  Thank God I met my FH because he has made me see so much more than I ever imagined in so many ways.  He is very handsome .... not so tall about 5'7", but I'm only 5'3" ... dark hair and royal blue eyes.  Everything I could have asked for, plus some. 

It's funny how some girls are saying they wanted some like their dad, well I never wanted that.  I never had that parent jealousy that some kids get, my dad wasn't a great dad.  He has def gotten a lot better, but growing up he was terrible.  My parents divorced when I was two.  Well my last boyfriend was a lot like my dad and my mom hated him (as well as everyone else), I think half the reason I stuck with him for a year was because noone would leave me alone about him.  Well my FH (Joe) is just like my step dad!!  I talk to my mom about Joe and she is always constantly saying wow he's just like Sean.  He is too, that's the funny part.  So maybe, subconcsiously, I wanted someone like my step dad. 

The Michaal Jackson thing, I am lol.  Some of you wanted to marry him, well I was born in 82 so when Thriller came out I was only a toddler.  My mom tells me every time that video came on, I would scream and cry and go hide somewhere.  Lol, that would explain why it still creeps me out.  And of course this is the time of year it's played all the time on TV thanks to Halloween.  Funny stuff.

Posted: Oct 16, 2006 8:48 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Rena -- That's funny about Michael Jackson -- I was born in '82 as well....and that was when Michael already started turning from black to white LOL.....I never really had a "type" I do prefer brown hair...and I like for my man to be taller than me ( I am 5'4...so that is easy!!!LOL) My Dh is great....I go for the "bad boy" type.. the tattoos, baggy jeans, easy going guy....and I got that in my DH...he is 5'10 green eyes, brown hair, lean body build, and tattoos!! And he is the greatest guy I have ever met....I am with you on the dad thing to Rena....my dad left our family when I was 18 and has not been a part of it since.....not such a great guy!! So NEVER would I want a man like my father....but my DH surpasses everything my father ever could be already!!!

Message was edited by Gin on Oct 16, 2006 9:43 AM

Posted: Oct 16, 2006 9:07 AM Go to message in response to: Lisa75

I always imagined myself with someone tall, olive skinned with light eyes.  I thought I needed someone with this outgoing personality and out of control sense of humor... ha!  FH is darker than me (i'm pretty dark) he's tall  and he's SUPER quiet.  He's an engineer, and has an engineer's sense of humor... oh well... I just adore him!

November 3, 2007 I marry my best friend!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine