october brides freak-out session

Online Users: 1,255 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 36
october brides freak-out session
Posted: Oct 2, 2006 6:32 PM

So I was thinking, they should really have like mandatory regional get-togethers for all the Brides.com boardies. It would be such a release to go meet up with brides who are getting married the same month as you, and just kind of scream and jump around and get your pent-up energy out. Maybe then I could sleep at night instead of finding things to do at 2am...Innocent

Re: october brides freak-out session
Posted: Oct 2, 2006 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I like the idea. I'm in Tampa - come visit for a vent! I'm really pissed b/c my FH's sister who agreed to be a reader has not rsvp'ed, had not returned his phone calls, and told their mom that she wasn't coming. How rude! Don't agree to something and then not follow through without saying anything! I'm so glad I don't have the programs done yet. Geez!!!!!!!!!

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Oct 3, 2006 9:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank goodness for brides.com so we can vent here!!  My aunt calls last night and left a message that she thinks she's going to be arriving around 3:00 (didn't say what day, Friday or Saturday, hello!) because they have lots to do, so she can't guarantee when.  **SO?!!** 

She e-mails me the same thing, then also asks what to wear " Is it a dressy affair, do you want people to dress up, or is it casual?  Remember Penni's wedding, we were over dressed, but I was okay with that.  But what do you think will be the attire?  Could I wear my black evening dress with my mink stole?  Or just brown skirt with lace top?  Or are people going to wear slacks?  I could do that too".  Hmmm....I responded it was a church wedding and to wear what would be appropriate to wear to church. 

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

LOL FutureMrsMark!!! Tell her to wear her evening dress and mink stole!!! Tell her that would be "lovely"! How funny would it be to see someone walk in in a mink stole! Tongue out 

You guys are sooo right on! I have 10 days, 14 hours, 50 minutes, and....52 seconds!!! LOL, I got a "wedding countdown clock" from this girl who got married in May (I met her at her wedding and it was really nice of her to remember me, as there were 465 guests there and it was the most amazing wedding I have ever seen!) anyway, she sent me this thing, and I was like "oh my gosh that is so cute!" (Her little note said to "pass it on to the next bride who is getting married") Anyway, when I plugged it in and set it up it said "167 days to go" and I though, "that's great, I have LOTS of time to finish planning this thing!" THEN the next day I woke up and it said "166 days to go" and I almost died! I couldn't BELIEVE how fast it went from one day to the next. After that this thing became more of a ticking time bomb than a fun little "countdown to the big day" clock! Surprised I can't WAIT to pass this thing off! The good thing about it, is it really gets you moving!

So are you girls ready to go? I have a nervous breakdown about every other day or so. I am soooo not ready! I hate being a perfectionist! I never ever let anyone except my FMIL help with anything! It is like, if I don't do it myself, I don't think it will get done the way I want it. And that has put me in a very scary time crunch! Time to call in the troops...some of my girlfriends are coming over this weekend for some of the little things, like wrapping all the welcome gifts for out-of-town guests. And tying ribbons on the sparklers, etc. etc.

When are all of you going on your honeymoon? We were supposed to go to Thailand the day after the wedding, but there is drama there, so now we are going on a Caribbean Cruise the Saturday after we get married...I am actually happy about that, as we will have some "wind down" time and I get to work the Pumpkin Patch at my church (which is the most Fall thing in the world and little tiny children come to pick out pumpkins!)Laughing

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: NowMrsMark

I also had someone ask me what the dress code was. WHAT! I was like, "um, well it's at a Church and then a formal reception hall, so where WEDDING ATTIRE".

I just don't understand people.

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm just annoyed at the BP in general.  They all keep finding excuses to miss things , like the rehearsal and RD that everyone insisted that I needed.  Or like waiting to the lase minute to get alterations.

Paxbug- Where did you ge tyour sparklers?  I wanted some for the evening ont he patio.  All the smokers would have a ball.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Oct 3, 2006 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thank goodness I am not the only one freaking out!!!  I am Oct. 15- less than two weeks away.  We have noooo rehearsal dinner location and it is on a Saturday night during the high season in Savannah.  My FMIL has been a huge pita, one day saying she is going to give us $1200 as a wedding gift and $1000 for the RD the next day she said she was giving us the $1200 total and we needed to pay for the RD with that.  It is a DW so cooking ourselves is not an option.  I also just got some horrible news- I will be getting a hysterectomy either after I return from my honeymoon or in January after the holidays.  Either way I am just devastated.  I kind of knew it was coming but still... (yes, I have had 4 opinions and have tried a number of treatments).  With everything going on I am just washing my hands of it all.  If we have an RD, great.  If not, whatever.  Do you think people will be horrified if we don't have one?  I am not telling anyone about the hysterectomy- I don't want people asking me about it all day at the wedding.  Oh, and I have no hair stylist, either.  I found someone I wanted but I have called and called and she has never returned my calls.  Least of my worries but so, so irritating.

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

I am so annoyed with this wedding in general!  My friggin' FMIL - I TOLD HER that there was a race in the reception town and that she had to get rooms ASAP.  She calls me on Sunday, while I'm making my way back home from the bachelorette party, to ask me if I can go look at a hotel for her, take pictures of the rooms, SMELL THE LINENS and see if it's okay.  I ask her - very calmly, I might add - if she got my numberous messages about the rooms being gone and why hasn't she made arrangments!  Since she's paying for all of FH's immediate family, including FH, I actually care where the hell they are!  The wedding is in 11 days!  Rooms should have been done FOREVER ago!  

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Oct 3, 2006 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

News, so sorry to hear about that, thats gotta suck for you. Try to keep positive and I think youre right about not telling people yet. Wait til after the wedding, unless you wanna tell close family etc. But otherwise, just enjoy your day and deal with that afterwards! Too much added stress for YOU to handle .....

Im just over 3 weeks away, Oct 27th. I am totally freaking out. I was sooo calm until now, and suddenly it feels like we have NO TIME LEFT to get everything done. My fiance went to Mens Warehouse today to get fitted for his tux, and we also got our marriage license today too. That was bizarre. I saw my new last name in type for the first time ever. Weird.

I LOVE the idea of regional meetings. Im all for it. Anyone in NY??

Kelley Lynn:)

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh, and a list of other things to go wrong: stupid race takes all of the hotel rooms in the town where our reception is AND there's a goof up and we don't have a block of rooms reserved.  Have to add bridesmaid with 16 days left because MIA groomsman finally appears - after we already asked FH's brother to fill in and FH can't choose between the two.  Cake lady double booked and cancelled us.  Stupid dress isn't altered yet...and sisters don't have outfits for the wedding yet!!!

One more stupid thing...every single announcement we had published had an error, but no two were the same!  One had FH's last name spelled incorrectly, one had "FMIL and FFIL and Jamaica, IA" as if his hometown was one of the parents!  And the third didn't put in our picture or half of the announcement.  I used to work for one of these newspapers, and I was SOOOOOOO steamed!  What's that kind of luck?!?  I'm almost afraid to get married because of everything going wrong, and I'm usually VERY laid back!

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 4:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sorry -double post!

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 8:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mel - SMELL THE LINENS?? Ok, that was the laugh I needed all day!!

Last night I had a major freakout that led me to packing my bedroom until 2am (I live with my parents, and I have like one day left to finish moving to my new apt with FH).  And this morning, I had a complete mental breakdown that led me to sobbing to my parents, screaming at my BM who's boyfriend bailed on coming to the reception yesterday, and then I called work to doublecheck what time I had to be at orientation today, and I ended up sobbing on the phone to my receptionist. I think I should go to bed.

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

smell the linens? that is all i can discuss right now!!! did you tell her, are you serious?? i am getting married lady?!!

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yea for more vents!

FutureMrsMark: Sounds like my aunt. She sends me an email saying my grandmother wants to know the attire for the RD and she said "I told her dressy to casual." WTF? I said well its more dressy than casual, I'm wearing a cocktail dress and the guys are coat and ties. She is the one that also wanted her kids to be at the RD. Grrrr....

I had my practice hair and makeup tonight. The makeup girl was fantastic! She was super cool and was glad she was last because the hairstylist had me almost in tears. I told the salon owner when I booked the appt that I am most likely having my hair down. So I get booked with the queen of up-dos. I gave her like 7 pics - all down but I said I would try it up just to see what it would look like. She did my hair both ways and was saying when my hair was down how plain it was and I said well I guess I'm plain and she said, "yeah I know." Nice. Anyways, my MOH is a right bitch (in a good way) and it will be funny to see some fireworks in the hair salon that day because she can't stand it when people she cares about don't get their way. Cool 

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Oct 4, 2006 9:10 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Soooo LOL about my aunt....she's only 45 so where does the mink stole come in??!!  Tongue out

I had my practice hair up-done last week and while it was close to the picture, it wasn't.  The hair stylist asked how I liked it, and I said it was fine, but I'd be going to show my best friends and MOH for their opinion.  When I showed up, one was nice and said "it looks ok" and the other one was very honest and said "it looks like an old lady".  lol  (I love my honest friends).  So they brought me in the bathroom and fixed it.

They'll be coming with me on Saturday when I get my hair done for the wedding.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine