What is the sweetest thing your FH has done for you lately?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18
What is the sweetest thing your FH has done for you lately?
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 7:37 PM

Yesterday was one of my biggest bridal showers. Well in my panic to get ready I realized as I was arriving at the hostesses home that I had left without my e-ring (I had put it in the jewelry cleaner and forgot all about it!) so I called my FH and asked if he could please bring it by "when he got a chance". Well, he immediately left the gym (which is a big deal for him) and showed up at the shower door with the ring on his pinky finger and 2 huge bouquets of roses! Just blew everyone away! What have your FH's done for you?

Re: What is the sweetest thing your FH has done for you lately?
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Okay, I have to add something, I am on "bedrest" right now (doctor's orders from stress-related complications) and he just brought home a new book that i have been wanting and a "wedding cake" snow cone!Laughing I am a lucky girl!

Posted: Sep 24, 2006 7:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

How sweet he is!!!

Mine just took me to an amusement park for my birthday...with no kids!  It was great!  Now I know why people love them...I had never been able to ride everything....

Image hosting by Photobucket
Our Wedding Website!

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I work on Saturdays usually from 12-7. I usually do the cooking and was dreading making dinner. I got into the house, and he was holding his keys, my favorite sweater, and a CD. We went for a drive (Which is kind of our thing) and then had dinner at the Outback, one of my favorite restraunts. 

Not the most romantic of things, but it was sweet and thoughtful of him. He knows how much I dislike working saturdays (And he's not much of a cook I'm afraid.) so we went out. 

futureMrsD Posts : 155 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 8:58 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

OH I love this thread!  Mine's easy;  I got a horrible cold last week -- 2 weeks before the wedding -- and he has been taking AMAZING care of me and has taken over ALL of the last-minute stuff while I was lounging in bed coughing and sneezing.  He's even been keeping the house clean and made me homemade soup!  I'm getting past the cold now and we're sharing all the tasks again, but it just reminded me of how wonderful he is and I couldn't love him more! 

Message was edited by futureMrsD on Sep 24, 2006 8:59 PM

Posted: Sep 24, 2006 11:02 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

hubby has brought me flowers and that is always sweet.

the sweetest thing that he has done for me lately is cleaned the entire house top to bottom while i was a work,  we are talking dusting, vaccuming, ALL the laundry, moping floors, etc.  i never even asked him to clean he just knew that i had a tough day at work the day before and he thought it would cheer me up...which it did!

when i walked in i completley burst into tears!

Posted: Sep 24, 2006 11:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

so today we went and got mcdonalds (not very romantic I know) and went to a picnic table up in the mountains and just ate and relaxed with nothing around us.  It was great!  We try to go on a date at least once a month.  With work and all the stress of everyday life, we need that.  We are also going to stay at some cabins this weekend.  It's beautiful and there a hot tub..... which probably isn't that great for some of you girls, but for me it's wonderful!!  ;)

2008Bride Posts : 95 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love these threads too!! I am a simple person and I adore the little things that he does. They mean the most to me. The other day I came home from work (I work late til 12am or 1am on other days) and I immediately started doing the dishes. FH threw in some Tom petty and when a slow song came on he came up from behind me and gave me a hug and turned me around and started dancing with me right in the kitchen. I love those moments.  A few weeks ago he cut a fresh rose and left it in my car on the seat for me to find when I got in. Of course I didn't notice it and sat on it! LOL I didn't find it until the next day when it was crushed! Luckily this rose had no thorns which is completely not my luck! We got a good laugh over tyhat one.

misses Posts : 91 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 1:01 AM Go to message in response to: 2008Bride

This is why I love this man. About 3 weeks ago, my car died. The engine went out right in the middle of wedding plans. So for that time we have been sharing his car. We went to the dealership last week and I applied for a car loan before we left. On Monday of this past week, they called and said I could get what I wanted with a downpayment of $1500. I told them it would take me at least a week to get that money together because I had just paid my reception hall and photographer's deposits. I told my FH all of this when he got home from work and all he said was "it will work out, we'll just wait a week." So I put it out of my mind and went back to wedding plans.On Friday, Just as I'm about to leave to pick him up from work, he calls and says one of his co-workers will bring him home. At 6:30 he pulled in the driveway in my new car. All he said this time was SURPRISE.

Posted: Sep 25, 2006 9:01 AM Go to message in response to: misses

We're getting married this weekend (!!!) and on Friday of last week my FH sent me a bouquet of orchids and white roses and the card said, "one more week!"  I started crying (happy tears of course)!  I help at the front desk when the receptionist is on break and see a lot of flowers come in and they are most often for birthdays, so when the delivery person came up to the desk the last thing I thought was that they were for me! :)  {{sigh}} I'm in la la land :)

Posted: Sep 25, 2006 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

When i had my first back shot he stayed at home with. In the beginning i called and asked him if he could take me there and bring me home. He said he was really busy at work on Wednesday but yes he thought he could do it as long as he gets back before 11am. Well the night before the shot he said he was going to take off the whole day and take care of me. Well when we got home from the hospital he sent me right upstairs and told me to sit in the recliner and not to move he bought me up some soup and some water and turned on Stargate (my favorite show) DVD and even when i needed a refill of water he did it for me. The only thing i could do for myself the whole day was go to the bathroom (LOL).

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH just gave me the most wonderful birthday.  I think he knew that I was sad I would not get to see most of my family and friends on my birthday (we live in a different state) So on the morning on my birthday, I decide to play hookey from work, he said he was leaving for work, we said goodbye, then next thing i know, he comes walking back in with flowers for me.  Then he called me later in the day and said he had a meeting by our house, and asked if I would meet him for lunch.  He also had been spending the week before finding a pool hall for us to go to for my birthday (one of our favorite activites)  He found a place close to home, that was having a birthday celebration for all Sept. Birthdays, and the owner of the bar was giving away all sorts of stuff, and there was cake and singing, and free pool!  He also gave me a wonderful pair of Saphire earings.  He really did wonderful job...that's why I love him!

KateS Posts : 208 Registered: 7/14/06
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 5:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Where to begin!!!  My birthday was Wednesday.  My love gave me my gift before work - goregeous sapphire earrings.  About 1 pm that afternoon, a beautiful boquet of flowers were delivered at work.   I then was treated to a "surprise" 4 day weekend. We spent Friday-Monday at a cabin where we have been before and had the most romantic time.  Saturday we had reservations at a resturant with the most beautiful view.   As we arrived, there seemed to be a flurry of whispering and activity. On the table (in a very private area) was a beautiful arrangement of flowers and a card that said, "Be mine forever".  After dinner, he proposed formally, and I got the most beautiful diamond ring!  Through the rest of the evening, the staff would drop by and ask to see the ring - they were all in on it!  As we left, a group of 8 ladies asked to see the ring (by that time the whole restuarant knew what was happening) and eveyone in the place burst into applause.  We are a little shy when it comes to the limelight, but it was really sweet and I'll never forget it.  The next day, we had a whirlpool bath for 2 and an hour and 1/2 massage.  I am overwhelmed and mostly happy to be officially engaged.  I'll never be able to compete with that - his birthday is on Thanksgiving!  What a weekend and what a man.

littlefirefli Posts : 259 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: KateS

Well, I guess it probably because we've been together for so long (Ou dateing has already outlasted 3 marriages and a lesbian coupleing) but I was floored today when I came home from work and found out my FH did the grocery shopping. He HATES grocery shopping, he even has fits when he's just tagging along.
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Sep 25, 2006 8:05 PM Go to message in response to: littlefirefli

Last week, DH spent his lunch hour designing and building a desk/work area for my new office/craft room.  He works in a place that does custom cabinets and reception desks n' stuff.  So, he knew exactly how to make the perfect desk for what I needed.  He brought the top home tonight and I just love it!  He made sure that it was one giant flat piece (no seams!)  I know that sounds really boring, but it was just really sweet how he put so much thought into it.  Looks really funky!Smile

He's always doing little things like bringing home my fave bottle of wine and chocolate!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine