9/30 Girls: how's it going?!?!?

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 18

futureMrsD Posts : 155 Registered: 3/28/06
9/30 Girls: how's it going?!?!?
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 8:23 PM

Hey September 30 Brides!  We're one week out!!  How are you all doing?  I woke up last Saturday with a sore throat and horrible cold so it's been a harrowing week for me.  FH has been awesome -- he's taking care of me, making me soup, keeping my medicine schedule AND doing tons of wedding stuff!  It's been a stressful week but we're in really good shape -- I just need to get well!  How are all of you doing?  It's become very surreal to me;  I can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm getting MARRIED next Saturday!!!

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Re: 9/30 Girls: how's it going?!?!?
Posted: Sep 22, 2006 10:59 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

I'm losing my mind, thanks for asking. Our wedding is at the beach 3 hours away and we're leaving Tuesday night, so everything has to be done by then.

Meanwhile, we're flying to Miami Saturday morning--to go to another wedding--and flying back Sunday afternoon.

And one of my bridesmaid's is driving me crazy about her dress. She always starts with "I know I shouldn't stress you further" and then proceeds to do so. She's unhappy that the dress didn't fit perfectly without alterations and procrastinated taking it in for alterations until two days ago! Today she told me she wants to go to the mall this weekend and look for a dress in a "similar" color!!!! I vetoed that, and she said, "so what should I do? Not be a bridesmaid?" 

Posted: Sep 22, 2006 11:54 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

I know how you feel about it not feeling real.  It's been a CRAZY week.  All the meetings to finalize everything.  BUT, I am very relaxed and at ease about most everything.  FH only works Monday & Tuesday next week so he will be around for the final stuff that needs to be done.  One good thing that happened was during our meeting with the banquet hall, we found out that we can get in to decorate on Friday afternoon before the rehearsal instead of waiting till Saturday morning.  That will make Saturday much more relaxing for me!

Posted: Sep 24, 2006 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

WHOO HOO!  I'm SO EXCITED!  Laughing 

It's so crazy to think that at this time next week we'll all be married!  Hmm... I guess I'll be at the FILs day-after brunch this time next week, a married woman!  

I'm totally at ease, too!  People keep asking if I'm nervous, and they seem shocked when I tell them that I'm not.  I'm only minorly stressed out about what I have to get done this week: finish 150/300 favors, contact the DJ, photographer, and caterer, pack for the wedding weekend (back in FH's and my hometown), keep practicing for FH's and my first dance, and then decorate the hall, attend the rehearsal, etc.  Not too bad!  The only bummer is that the only days I have off work are Thurs, Fri, and Mon, and FH may ony be able to take off on Fri and Mon. Undecided  Oh well, even that can't put a damper on my excitedness!  (HEHE...yes, I invented that word!) 

GOOD LUCK, LADIES!!!  HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND A WONDERFUL WEDDING!!! 

futureMrsD Posts : 155 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 24, 2006 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It's so exciting!!  I thought I had so much done, but these last couple of weeks have really been busy.  I'm not nervous either... just excited.  I'm hoping for a change in our forecast though... here in Chicago it's only supposed to be about 58 with showers. UGH.  Oh, well.  The one thing I have GOT to do... and everyone thinks we're nuts that we haven't done it yet is.... write our vows!!  For some reason neither of us has done it yet.  Anyone else writing your own vows?  Have you already done it?

Posted: Sep 25, 2006 9:45 AM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

The weather...ugh!  Weatherchannel.com says FH and I are looking at 53, partly cloudy, with a chance of rain.  Booey!  Actually, I guess I don't mind the temp all that much, but I really want to be able to take outside pictures, so I'm really, really hoping that we don't get rain!

So, interestingly, I am starting to get a little nervous today.  I don't know why, but it kind of hit me when I was sitting in traffic on the way to work this morning.  All of a sudden, I was like, "oh, man, I'm going to be married FOR LIFE, beginning THIS WEEK!"  It's still a good kind of nervous though!

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm not a 9/30 bride, but I wanted to say Congrats to you ladies, and have a wonderful wedding!  Can't wait to see the pics!

Posted: Sep 25, 2006 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

Yay!! I'm so excited too!!!  Thank you for starting this post :)  I was thinking of doing the same.  Our wedding is in DE and we're in NC now, so I'll be driving up on Wed night and FH is driving up on Thurs afternoon.  I feel like I have so much to do!  I am having a hard time contacting my dj (greeeatt) but I know he'll be there.  My flower guy is super excited, I am going to miss working with him.  My mom is finally calm, which is weird since it's getting so close.... I just picked up FH's wedding ring (it had to be special ordered) and I bought him a watch for his gift!  I think I spent too much money, but..... oh well.  I know he's going to love it.  I just hope it fits!  Good luck you guys....... yay yay yay we're getting MARRIED! :)

Lisa75 Posts : 271 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Sep 25, 2006 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Good luck ladies.  I just got done reading your posts and it brings it all back to me.  I am even nervous for you all.  Please don't forget about this site when you get back.  We want to see pics.  Good luck and remember to take a deep breath and if anything goes wrong just ignore it. 

Posted: Sep 25, 2006 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

I just picked up my dress and my veil tonight.  I'm so excited it fits perfect!

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 9:15 AM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

I also wanted to say GOOD LUCK to you all for this weekend!! 

All of your planning and hard work is about to pay off!  Try and come back after the wedding and fill us in on how things went.  Our wedding is next weekend (yeah) so if you have any last minute tips, please share them.

ENJOY YOUR WEDDING!!  Kiss

Posted: Sep 26, 2006 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Maybe it will rain before your outdoor pictures, rain on a wedding day is supposed to be lucky!

SeasideBride06 Posts : 958 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Sep 26, 2006 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: futureMrsD

Just dropped by to say good-bye and good luck. Our wedding is at the beach, a 3 hour drive away, and FI and I are leaving tonight.

All the wedding tasks are done, I just have to pack. I'm feeling a little freaked out, but in a very non-specific way. I think I'll be okay once we get to the beach. 

I'll be back after I'm MARRIED! I can't believe it's really almost here. 

Posted: Sep 26, 2006 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: SeasideBride06

Good luck girls!  I have a wedding to attend 9/30 and I am excited!  It will be the first wedding I've been to since I've been with FH!

Posted: Sep 26, 2006 11:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OK, since rain is supposedly good luck on your wedding day, then it can rain very early in the morning, as long as the sun is shining for our photos!  Wink  Actually, I remember telling my mom that I thought rain on your wedding day is lucky, and she looked at me like I was nuts, so I'm glad that someone else has heard that, too!

I think that work tomorrow is going to crawl by soooo slowly!  FH and I will probably get home around 5:00, and then we're planning on running to the mall to pick up some last minute things.  Then, we have to pack for the rest of the week (I have nothing at all packed yet!!), and then it's off to home for the start of the festivities!  There's so much to do that I know the next few days are going to go by in a blur.  My nervousness is pretty much gone (for now!)...I just can't wait to wear that wedding band!  Laughing

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine