Children, pets, or both!

Online Users: 1,253 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 35

BirdLover Posts : 2,834 Registered: 3/30/06
Children, pets, or both!
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 11:37 PM

Time to move onto threads that are more upbeat (sorry, this one isn't exactly wedding related).

Do you and your FH intend to have kids?  Pets?  Both?

We are definitely having both :)  I can't live without my fur babies!

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Re: Children, pets, or both!
Posted: Sep 15, 2006 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

lol, birdlover, great post! 

Well, yes, we plan on having kids (We might adopt) and we already have some pets. We will be getting a cat fairly soon, we have a fish named vivian, and we have four turtles (Leonardo, Rapheal, Michelangelo, and Donatello.lol, I know, we're lame)

December2007Bride Posts : 169 Registered: 8/23/06
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 12:58 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

We'll have both. We're each bringing a dog into our home (he has a mutt named Wilson and I have a beagle named Tallahassee). I have two cats (Philadelphia and Chicago) and he has a cat (Poor Little Kitty With No Name.... seriously, that's it's name). And we're planning on at having at least 2 kids.

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 1:01 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

I have a 2 year old black cat. He's my baby, and LOVES my fh. He was there when I brought Limerick home for the first time. My mom's suprised Limerick's not going to be in the wedding. haha  We are planning on having kids in a few years. I want triplets, because I'm one.  He wants 2 or 3.  We'll see what happens.

Message was edited by futuremrsperry on Sep 16, 2006 1:02 AM

Posted: Sep 16, 2006 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

We have a four legged kid now - Molly, a 4 year old toy poodle.  She lives with me but loves her daddy very much.  She's going to have a hard time though giving up her half of the bed once FH & I are married.  As for two legged kids - definitely going to start having them in a couple of years.

Posted: Sep 16, 2006 3:47 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We've already got a 22month old son and a 1yr old guine pig. Once we are married and move on to a bigger house, I definitely want one more little munchkin running around. I'm trying to talk DF into a cat, but he's not giving in so easily. He's more of a dog guy. I love them too, so hopefully we can come to an agreement of 1 cat and 1 dog.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

What a fun post!  We already have 3 cats- Simba, Samara, and Stewie and a fish named Bruce.  We definitely want 2 kids but not for a few years.

Posted: Sep 16, 2006 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

we want a dog!!! and a few kids, sure why notSmile

speaking of which i found the CUTEST dog costumes at target for halloween. i got a lobster costume for my parents cocker. they are SSSSOOOO cute!!!

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

FH and I have had a dog for one year, and we can't wait to have kids, but it will be awhile before that happens. The wedding isn't for a year, and we want to wait at least a year after the wedding before we have kids so we can just be married... and also get our finances in order... we'd like to be able to buy a house first, but we'll see. Until then, our dog is our baby, and she sure does get spoiled! We often joke about getting another dog, but we'll only have one at a time... it was hard enough getting this one trained!

Posted: Sep 16, 2006 7:47 PM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

No pets or children yet...but we do intend on having both, at some point! Right now we are in an apt that doesnt allow animals, and we arent really home much, so I wouldnt get one anyway. Probably the cat and/or dog will come before the kids, but we'll have at least two kids, once we get around to it! We'd like to just be married for a while first.
Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

Posted: Sep 16, 2006 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Great Post!

We have one cat now (named Gizmo...that's the name he came with...we just got him from my MOH - she had to give him up due to allergies).

We definitely plan to have kids - ideally we would like 4. Eventually we will have a dog too, but we'll wait until we have a house with a big backyard for the dog to run around in!

ilovehim Posts : 179 Registered: 6/8/06
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 11:02 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i love puppies and babies and want lots of both!

I always say we are going to have 5 kids, FH says maybe 4 lol, guess we'll see!

oh, and he adopted me a puppy today!  my other one died about 6 months ago (diabetic coma) and he takes me every saturday to petsmart to look at the dogs and he let me get one today!  His last name is Kelley, so we named her Grace Kelley!!  cute 

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 5:57 AM Go to message in response to: BirdLover

We don't intend to have children, but do have a home full of furbabies.  We have a chihuahua named Jake, 2 canaries, and a greencheek conure.  He wasn't much for animals when I met him, but now he's all sappy about them.

www.shawnandshadera.com

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

We already have a baby!  Well we consider him our baby!  He was mine originally but as soon as FH moved in he became a daddy's boy!  His name is Jasper.

IMGhttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/april_iu/jasper007.jpg[/IMG]

Posted: Sep 17, 2006 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thus far we only intend to have fur-kids (or scale-kids, or fin-kids, etc...)! People often ask if we have children and DH tells them "Yes, 4... ohh, all around 1-2 yrs old." Most people gasp almost in horror (as I would too at the thought of FOUR 2-legged toddlers!!!).. until we show 'em pics of the kitties. ;-)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine