No sex for awhile before wedding?

Online Users: 1,342 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9
No sex for awhile before wedding?
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 1:36 AM

So if you are not a virgin, is anyone still waiting/not having sex for any set amount of time before the wedding and saving it for the wedding night?  Just curious and considering it myself to have a little romance saved up...a friend did this for 2 months (lots of self control since she lived with her fiancee) and then she regretted it the night of the wedding b/c it hurt a lot.  I am only a couple of weeks away so I am thinking a week or so?

Re: No sex for awhile before wedding?
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 2:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm thinking about it too, but I think a couple of weeks is enough to build up the tension.  But one thing to keep in mind is that after the chaos of the wedding the two of you may be too tired to deal with sex. I know it sounds crazy but I've heard that is often the case. 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 7:19 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yeah... Im pretty sure there will be no sex on our wedding night. We will probably wait til the actual honeymoon, which is a week later. We have so many people staying with us, coming from out of town, etc... and we will be soooo tired. Plus our reception ends at midnight, and everyone is staying at a Marriott hotel... so i KNOW there will be an afterparty at the hotel bar or in our suite. Im sure we will be up til 3 or 4am with our guests  just hanging out, catching up, seeing old friends, etc. And there is a brreakfast the next morning at 9am, then checkout. Then we have the Best Man and his wife staying in our small apt for 2 nights lol. So I think sex will be out of the question.....lol.

but if it makes you feel any better, we havent had much lately as it is! Too much exhaustion, stress, work, wedding planning. Neither of us particularly feel like it much lately... we are lucky to have sex once a week right now. :)

Kelley Lynn:)

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 8:29 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Mark and I didn't have sex for a while before the wedding. But we were dealing with planning the wedding, work, selling our condo, buying a house. So things were stressful and tiresome. We didn't have sex the night of our wedding b/c we were just so tired, so we waited until the morning after. We're building a house and it won't be done until November or December. So we have been living with his parents since June 28th and let me tell you there has been little sex. But once the house is done there will be lots of catch-up/make-up sex. HEHEHEHE

Posted: Sep 5, 2006 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

tough to say... we live together for over a year now, so I am thinking of staying at my parents house the night before just so we dont see eachother overnight.  As for the sex part- the wedding is 11 months away, so i will see how it goes and decide :)))

Posted: Sep 5, 2006 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We talked about it (well actually I brought it up to him) I asked him if he wanted to do without for a few weeks before the wedding......he gave me "the look" needless to say we did not wait a while, and we did not get to the night of the wedding becasue we had people over until late and by the time we were alone we were ready to sleep!! We did on the honeymoon though, and it was just as good as it would have been had we waited!! HEHE

Posted: Sep 5, 2006 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My wedding isn't until next July, so I'm not sure.  We've said, in theory, that we should wait a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure if we will.  I always feel so good and connected afterwards that I'm not sure it would be a good idea to go without right before the wedding.

Posted: Sep 5, 2006 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i have never found a time that my husband anticipated it MORE or LESS. i find his anticipation to be somewhat constant and persistant. having said so, i would reckon waiting would simply antagonize him and i would have no desire to do so. besides, i would rather my husband be stead fastly focused on "THE VOWS" rather than when he would be "getting some".

Posted: Sep 5, 2006 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I JUST had this conversation with my FH last night.  We have 10 days to go and I really want to wait and build up the sexual tension :)  But he brought up a good point.  Sometimes when we go for awhile without having sex, I get really worried about the "first time" being perfect.  It's true...I totally do that!  I want it to be amazing and if we hold off for the next 10 days I might have it so built up in my head that I'll put pressure on myself to have mind blowing sex the night of the wedding, which is probably unrealistic since we'll be so tired. 

So as a compromise we decided we could do everything BUT actual sex until the wedding night.  So we can still fool around up until that very last stage!  We figure then I won't get my typical performance anxiety but will get a gradual build up of tension that will make for a memorable wedding night!

K

www.wineandvows.com

Daisypath Ticker

NowMrsMark Posts : 118 Registered: 4/25/06
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 10:08 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

So funny...we were just talking about this also. We're going to TRY having no sex for one week before the wedding.  Yeah right.  We've been living together for 1 1/2 years and make love pretty much every night, so it probably won't work.  He says I won't last, I say he won't last.....we probably won't last.  Wink

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine