Men's Attire for a Casual Wedding...

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2
Men's Attire for a Casual Wedding...
Posted: Aug 27, 2006 5:18 PM

I am planning a casual wedding and don't really want to make the guys wear tuxedos (no reason for it) My colors are yellow and red, i don't know what exactly to put the men in. Also I only have 4 people in my bridal party and was wondering if it would look taky if i put my best man and maid of honor into one of the colors and my other BM & GM in the other. I thought it would look nice but with the colors being somewhat bold I don't want to make it look like a circus :) Please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it!

Re: Men's Attire for a Casual Wedding...
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 10:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Honeslty... with only two girls and two guys on each side, I would not recomend putting them in two completely different colors.  you could have both of them wear one color but different shades, but not different colors completely.  This only works with large parties.  it won't look coordinated with just one of each.  You can have whatever you want, but this is just my opinion.  Good luck to you in whatever you decide.  I have 6 on each side.  My 4 Bridesmaids and groomsmen are in periwinkle, my maid and matron of honor as well as the two best men are in liliac.  They look similar, but a noticable difference of the honorairy individuals. And the two colors are nice together.

December2007Bride Posts : 169 Registered: 8/23/06
Re: Men's Attire for a Casual Wedding...
Posted: Sep 1, 2006 2:58 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

For the guys I'd do nice khaki or black dress pants. Put your MOH and bridesmaid in the same color and then have the guy's shirts match the ladies' dresses. And if you do red for the ladies' dresses, have a yellow sash or ribbon on them. (Or vice versa) And the guys can wear a tie in the opposite color of the shirt. That way you can incorporate both your colors without looking too "circus-y" as you put it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine