Winter Weddings - Cover Ups

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15
Winter Weddings - Cover Ups
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 1:40 PM

Any other ladies having winter weddings?  What kind of cover ups were you planning to wear?  I had ideas of either a nice soft shawl, or bridal cape, or even a nice white formal coat with faux fur trim (not sure where to find those though).  Any other ideas?

zuzanamaria Posts : 187 Registered: 5/30/06
Re: Winter Weddings - Cover Ups
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I got a cute ballero jacket to wear with my dress, the jacket is a maggie, and I got it from Bridesave.com.  Think I will also wear a shawl with it. 

Susan

Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: zuzanamaria

Hmm. I checked out Bridesave.com. 

I love this coat, though I think it is a bit too much for a winter wedding in Vegas.  And it'll overpower my dress. I was thinking of something like that but in just a plain white satin and faux fur trim.  But even then that migh be too much?  I cannot find many coats like this so I may have to find a pattern and make it?

I am leaning towards a soft angora shawl that I could knit.  Seems less over the top perhaps?

Posted: Aug 11, 2006 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: Guest
Posted: Aug 16, 2006 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I found this for only $60.  Comes in white or cream.  they also have capes.  email bridalstuff@gmail.com

Posted: Aug 16, 2006 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm sorry. Did you post a picture?  I cannot see it. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 17, 2006 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm thinking of getting a nice white coat with faux fur as well.  Hopefully it'll be something i can use again - unlike a cape.  I've seen some nice ones at Burlington Coat Factory, do they have that near you?  There's a website but the selection is limited online.  At the store they have faux fur shawls too.  but it's always hit or miss.

Posted: Aug 25, 2006 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My grandmother is making me a wrap. It will sit just off my sholders and wrap aroung and close in the front. It hangs down to elbow length. It is white dupioni silk with white sequins sewn sparingly on it. The inside is lined with a white (almost hairy) soft material that will keep my MOH and I very warm. My dress doesn't have a back to it until my waist, so I needed something warm to cover me up but still look elegant and not hide my gorgeous gown.

Posted: Aug 30, 2006 8:44 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

This is what I am doing, a fitted satin cape with faux fur. It comes in other colors including white. I ordered it off ebay.

Posted: Aug 31, 2006 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am getting a bolero jacket made and having fur trim just around the edges

Posted: Aug 31, 2006 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I had two faux fur shrugs for my winter wedding. The first was a small ivory wrapy thing. The other one was brown and was much bigger it kept me warmer for walking around after our wedding. I have photos of both in my profile.

Posted: Aug 31, 2006 7:18 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi ChristmasBride!

Did you receive your cape yet?  It looks good and I they do offer it in a bunch of colors, including the simple white.  How is the quality of it?  I know the buy it out price is only $99 so I can't expect too much.  How much for shipping did you have to pay as well?  I know they ship from Shanghai which can mean crazy shipping prices!

Overall, are you happy with it?  Thanks!

Posted: Sep 10, 2006 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have my cape and I have tried it on. The fitting was perfect for my upper body (they ask for your measurments in detail) I will be wearing it when I appear before the aisle but will have it removed at the top of the aisle. The only complaint is that the faux fur isn't of really great quality. It is not fluffy or fur soft. It feels a bit rough and meager. My aunt will be adding a bit more soft fluffy fur to the top collar. Although, for pictures sake it looks lovely just as it is. In case you cannot tell  the sleeves are 3/4 length and I would be generous with my arm measurments so you can have extra room. It does come in lots of different colors including white and Ivory. On the website they had lots of color swatches with colors and codes to go with the color. Emailing the company was easy and there wasn't any language barriers, very cooperative and I had a few preliminary questions too. Shipping was the full price but I won my cape off an auction for $40 so it came to about $139 in total. I will say it arrived within a week of when they shipped it, so it took about 2 weeks in total from winning on ebay to having it arrive in my home. I'll be around if you have any more questions and I'll try to get to it more quickly (or you can send it as a message to me privately)

Posted: Sep 12, 2006 1:58 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi ChristmasBride!

Thank you for your update.  Is the cape lined?  I am considering getting it. 

Posted: Sep 14, 2006 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

No, it is not lined.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine