Not a joking matter

Online Users: 1,307 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12
Not a joking matter
Posted: Aug 5, 2006 6:55 PM

My boyfriend and I have been talking about marriage for awhile...we looked at rings and basically I just have to wait for him to surprise me...

Yesterday we went to Macaroni Grill (if you don't know it they have pasta and paper over the tablecloths you can color on) So were having a drink...and I write Heather Loves Jon...He writes Will you marry me in front of me and draws a ring...he was joking...and I knew that...b/c there was no ring.

That is so not a nice thing to do a girl who is trying to patiently wait for a ring...I texted his mom and sister...and his mom called him and yelled at him for it...so now when he does it im not gonna believe its real.

Re: Not a joking matter
Posted: Aug 6, 2006 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

awww, he will do it soon. He's not joking if you guys have looked at rings, he's just waiting for the right time, he obviously wants it to be special. He is also patiently waiting so be too hard on him ;) I think that guys have it hard too sometimes because they want to make sure it's the right time, but they are so excited too. It sounds like he wants it to be a very special moment that you will treasure. :D

Posted: Aug 6, 2006 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think it could be this weekend! We have this big weekend of camping, a theme park, and going to a cave...one of my friends from texas will be up here and i told him he should come too...I told my bf that hey can matt come? Hes like No! so now im suspicous...

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Aug 7, 2006 1:30 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My fh did that 2 times before the real thing.  I smacked him really really hard both times.  It's annoying, but most guys want to surpise you.  

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: Aug 9, 2006 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

My FH always just randomly said "Let's get married." and I'd go "What now, let me change into my good jeans.." So when he did actually ask me, I thought he was kidding. He said he had meant it all the times before that, he just wanted to buy the perfect ring before he "offically" asked me. He probably just wants it to be perfect is all.

Posted: Aug 20, 2006 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's a pretty tacky thing to do, but hey! We know how they are. I waited not so patiently for 2 1/2 years after our daughter was born. I yelled, cried, pleaded, and gave all of the ultimatums. Finally on mother's day of this year, he surprised me with a wonderful home-made and candle-lit dinner. He proposed before we ate, so of course, I couldn't eat a bite! LOL My point- hang in there!! He wants this to be a memorable and special day for the both of you. Good luck until then!

Message was edited by bsevers on Aug 20, 2006 10:23 PM

Posted: Sep 2, 2006 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh my gosh, that is torture! Tongue out Boys are funny!

Posted: Mar 6, 2007 2:14 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

an update for ya'll. He proposed on Thanksgiving which is signigifcant cause I met him last year on Black Friday. He had decided early on,  he got the ring in October but was trying to decide when to propose. It was after we left my parents house and got back to our apt. I was wondering why he barely ate all day...lol

Future Mrs Jonny C

Posted: Mar 10, 2007 10:25 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Awww...Congratulations!!!Laughing

Posted: Mar 11, 2007 3:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

YaY! Congratulations! Laughing

Posted: Mar 12, 2007 2:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

congrats on the engagement :) 

heh, since he liked to joke around with the "will you marry me?" before doing it, you could always get him back with an "i'm pregnant" ;) 

JodiMarie Posts : 185 Registered: 3/5/07
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Men, they really are clueless sometimes! My fiance almost did something similar to me. The christmas before last I guess he had been talking about getting engaged but did not have enough money for the ring. So he had this brilliant idea of giving me an empty ring box as a joke. Luckly his grandmother talked him out of it. I only found out later several months after Christmas because his grandmother told me. I would have been furious especially because I was having alot of serious thought as to whether I should stay with him after 6 years of dating or just move on. He never told me he was contemplating marriage to me it seemed he wasn't being serious at all about our relationship. I got to a point where I was like ok you either have to take the leap or things will have to end. I didn't want to waste my life hoping for something that would never materialize and then have it be too late to find someone else I could love just as much. He finally did propse in July at a summer picnic.

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Mar 18, 2007 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

yay congrads!!!  Aren't boys funny.  They get all nervous evenwhen they know the answer will be yes!!! haha

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine