september brides 07???

Online Users: 1,334 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 295
september brides 07???
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 9:44 PM

i seen the post for november 2007 and i thought to myself i wanna know if theres anyone else out there getting married sept 07!!

what all do you have done so far??

Re: september brides 07???
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 10:53 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi ladies,

I am also a September 2007 bride.  Our date is September 29, two years to the exact date FH proposed.  First I want to say Congrats to all brides!!  What an exciting time for us all.  Let's see what have we done so far.....I have my dress, yeah I know it's way early but a friend had a brand new, never worn dress with tags and sold it to me for a pretty cheap.  We are in the process now of signing the contract and putting the deposit down for the reception, which will be at a hotel where our out of town guests can stay.  We have the church (my home church), we have our wedding party selected, and I have designed our invites and rsvp's (most of our paper things will be DIY),  our colors are pink, chocolate, and gold for the accent color.  So I guess for the wedding being so far away I have a lot done.  The reason a lot of stuff is already complete is because we are getting married in DC but we currently live in AL, so this long distance planning takes tons more effort.  I am also a PhD student and will be taking my comps in the Spring so I wanted all of the "big" stuff decided and done before then. 

What things are other September or fall brides doing?  I am particularly interested in what flowers will be in season during September.  Flowers are a really small part of the budget but my MOH's mother is florist so we are getting a good deal.  I was thinking the pink colored hydrangeas but not sure if they are in season during the fall. 

Any ideas or suggestion from other brides would be great and even pics would be cool.  As soon as I get pics of my stuff I will post them as well.

Happy Planning!!

MrsGoar2B

September 29, 2007 (can't wait)

Soon2BTaylor Posts : 258 Registered: 6/1/06
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm really glad you started this.  I'm a Sept. 07 bride as well.  September 8th to be exact.  So far I have bridal party selected, and an idea for the dresses.  Colors are Chocolate and Turquoise (sp?)  The deposit on the reception site.  Ceremony site paid for (it was only $40)  The wedding is in Indiana, but i'm living in Phoenix, so yes, it will be tough.  I'm waiting on the dress shopping until december.  Other than that, i've got tons of ideas, but nothing actually done!  Oh and my sister/MOH has started planning my Bachelorette party,  She's crazy, but I love her!

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi,
I too am a Sept 07 bride to be. We are getting married on the 15th and so far we have booked and put down a deposit for the ceremony site and reception place. We live in MA & are getting married just over the border in New Hampshire. The reception place has a package that included the limos, flowers for the reception and the cake. So those things are all taken care of too. We'll use the same florist for our bouquets and for the ceremony so that everything matches.
And we met with and put a deposit on our photographer. He is in high demand and I had my heart set on him, so we made sure we got him locked in ASAP.
My mother and I plan on going to look for dresses next month, just to get an idea for styles and what looks good on me.
The bridal party has been picked and the colors will be purple and periwinkle (I think). I love hydrangeas and I want that purple and ice blue variety for the centerpieces.
So what's the next step for everyone?
We have DJ videos to watch to pick out one, and I think that will be the next thing that we do.

At Last
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh, I almost forgot!  FH and his mom are making our cake.....so that is technically done as well.

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:11 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

Hi again ladies,

I just had to post this so please bear with me.  I FINALLY put the deposit down on the reception site.  I am so excited!!! This is one of first major decisions for our wedding and I am so happy that things are moving so smoothly.  The hotel is great!!  They include open bar, 5 hours total for the reception including a separate cocktail hour, comp. champagne toast, and great rates on rooms for our guests, and a comp honeymoon suite for FH and I for the wedding night with champagne and fruit basket.  The food at the hotel is great too.  I feel relieved that we got the site and didn't have to compete too much with other brides trying to go for the same date.

Oh yeah, we have also selected our DJ.  He is a close friend of FH and is giving us a steal for a rate.  Everything is coming together.

To the bride with turquoise and chocolate as her colors, I think those colors are beautiful and think you can do some great things with those colors.  I would love to see what you come up with.

Happy planning!!

MrsGoar2B

September 29, 2007 (can't wait!!!)

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

MrsGoar2B......Thank you!  I don't know what made me choose those colors, but they seem to stand out to me everytime I think of the wedding.  Now I only have an "idea" for the bridesmaids dress.  I did tell my bridesmaids they did not have to wear the exact same dress, but if they all liked this one, and it looks good on them, then this could be it.  Congrats on getting the place booked, that must be such a relief!

Here is the link for the dress I love so much....

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/JLP19/JsBoutiqueSleevlessBeadedMeshDress.jpg

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 6:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Sep. 2, 2007. We have booked the church and hall, but nothing else. I feel so far behind after reading everyone else's posts!

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BTaylor

Soon2BTaylor,

I love that dress!!!  It also looks like something they could wear again (the dreaded bridesmaids dress debacle).  Where did you find that dress?  I wonder if they would have something in pink and chocolate?  I like the waist line and the halter would be good my some of my girls that are...shall we....well endowed!  Although I am looking for full length dresses, I could be convinced to go shorter if I found something tea length that I loved.

And yes, getting the reception/hotel booked today feels great.  I am realieved and kind of feel relaxed.  I was a bit tense before about making the decision.  But I feel confident that we made the right choice for us and that everything will work out lovely.  What are you thinking of doing for your invites?

Nyfi....don't feel bad about not having a lot of stuff done.  We still have a lot of time to tackle details between now and next September.  Take your time and enjoy your engaged status...I know that is what I am doing.  I love introducing my FH..."this is Aaron, my fiancee' "....LOVE IT!! Can't wait until I can say "this is my HUZZZBAND"

MrsGoar2B

September 29, 2007 (can't wait!!!)

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 2:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

well i now i feel like i alittle behind lol! i have the reception site and my church picked n booked other than that i dont have a whole lot... i have talked to 2 photographers so far and tomorrow going to talk to a few more im hoping by next wekk i will have my photographer booked as well.. i have to get ahold of a dj my fsil recommended but still have yet to call him..... as for my bridal party i want 5 on each side and well i have asked 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen have been asked i have a little bit of a dilemma with that though too many friends lol it wouldnt be such a big deal but i have been best friends with twins who are also the aunts of my nephew ( their older sister and my older brother) then i have my closest friend who has been asked for moh then fh sister and my sister but lives states away and actually isnt too reliable then my moh sister who i was real close with and  then another friend i have known for years.. im pretty sure i know who im asking but its just breaking it to the others then i worry about lol that was long sorry anyhow my fh and i decided to make our own centerpeices and we found vases we loved for less than a dollar so bought all of them already but other than that i think its about it lol! im just glad i dont live in a big city and i dont need to have everything booked already i still have a little bit of time! well i think i prolly said enough for now!! hehe

sorry so long guys!

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congratulations to all the September 07 brides.  We are currently looking at dates in September.  I think it will be 9/22/07 but not sure yet.  I haven't started any planning yet and I feel so behind compared to all of you! Thanks for encouraging me to get started! I really like this site since I have a place to go and chat about wedding stuff besides driving my friends crazy.  They tell me it's too early to worry! LOL! Thanks Ladies! Have a great weekend!Cool

Posted: Aug 5, 2006 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i had originally wanted the 22nd but 2 months ago i wanted to book my recveption hall and found out all dates were taken but that one but once talking to the fh it works out better that way anyhow!! hope you find somewhere good you love!! good luck!!

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 7:45 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am getting married on the 8th of September 07! I have the wedding party outta the way, my dress, my catering, my favors=candy buffet, I got giftcards candy wouldn't last that long in my house! Bridal party gifts, I also have the Bridesmaids dresses, which we bought, in the end I ended up paying $6.00 a piece for Mori Lee floor length tags on gowns! We have the tuxes picked out. So pretty much we are done, just gotta pay for it all! Oh yeah and my cake my FSIL is making and she has had cakes in Better Homes and Gardens!!!

BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD......UNTIE!

IF WE EVOLVED FROM APES, WHY DO WE STILL HAVE THEM?

SUPPORT BACTERIA! IT'S THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE!!!

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 11:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

im a september 21 2007 bride. my ceremony/reception site is booked and down payment paid. im looking for an officiant of a nondenominational kind. im not trying to do other stuff til late cuz its already wigging me out! and they keep pressuring me to book now. (photographers)

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 11:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

We have our reception booked Sept. 29, 2007 in Madison, WI! We don't have our ceremony quite yet, as the church/priest we want to go with is hesitating to even schedule before FH's annulment is done (Catholic church). Has anyone else had any experience with this? We are going to meet with him this week or next and I'm hoping he can at least schedule our ceremony. Or we may just have to go away from the Catholic church.

Besides that, we have our wedding party chosen and we're now looking into caterers and photographers. Caterers could be a problem though, our reception hall has a short list of approved caterers, but only one that can provide alcohol for that venue. I'm also challenged to find a photographer under $1,000 without compromising quality. And FH and I are arguing over when we need to book vendors. Any ideas for any of this?

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine