Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!

Online Users: 1,255 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8,933

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Re: Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I've been away way too long too Kelley! Well I no longer have a job after the school year ends, and so I've started the process of getting approved for Gastric bypass surgery. I've busted my butt and not seen enough improvement so it's time to throw in the towel! I had gone to the hospital (having firemen "slide" you down the stairs in a steel basket after you pass out upstairs is very embarassing!) with severe pain--the dr's originally thought gallbladder but no, turns out it's my liver getting too fat for it's sac. So after weeks on narcotics for the pain they came to the conclusion the only thing to help the pain will be to drop the weight and the sooner the better! So I'm into month #2 of the process, I see the nutritionist for my first of 2-5 individual visits in a couple weeks. So far being truly strict with myself I've lost 5 pounds--totally sucks!! But hoping this summer I can have the surgery and watch the scale go down!

Proud member POOP - People Offended by Offended People

HeidiLaRae Posts : 1 Registered: 7/24/08
Posted: May 30, 2010 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

First, I have to say GOOD FOR YOU for taking action about your weight!! That's wonderful! I used to be a healthy 150 pounds before I started grad school. Then, stress came on and I gained 75 pounds in less than 9 months. That's enough to go through 5 pairs of pants in that amount of time; it was also enough time for my boyfriend to propose when I was at my biggest, which was great, but dress shopping was really depressing.
That was over a year ago and since then, I'm back down to 175 after lots of discipline from myself, and support from my fiancee. that in itself is a long story.
Two things that really helped me through all that were 1. giving myself credit for all the good decisions I was making, even when I was slipping in my diet. For example, last night I had two s'mores with all my friends over a campfire, which were awesome, but instead of being down on myself for all those calories, I remembered that I haven't had a Starbucks in over three weeks. That helped me stay positive and motivated. 2. I found a dress that fit ME, and not a dress that I had to lose 50 pounds to look good in. I searched for a gown for over a year, and the one I settled on was the only dress I wore and thought, "Wow, I look great!" instead of "ugh. I need to lose more weight."
Good luch on the rest of your weight loss adventures and congratulations on your wedding! You'll great and feel great on your day, and your man will love you no matter what!!
Heidi

emilylanchester Posts : 1 Registered: 6/2/10
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

dole frozen fruit bars. there is nothing more i can say except that these are the BEST way to curb sweet cravings plus they have servings of fruit, which has just about every benefit imaginable.
also, if you feel yourself getting stronger, a fantastic workout is the lotte berk method (no stress on the joints or tendons).
good luck for your big day!

love,

emily 

Noelene123 Posts : 19 Registered: 12/21/08
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hello,
I have dealt with overweight all my life as well. In highschool I was up to 200lbs.Though in college I lost 15lbs. Though since I got engaged and graduated college. I have gained most it back. I need help, because I really have no one to help get motivated. And my wedding is coming up and I want too look good. Especially also I noticed ever since I graudated college, I have lost a lot of my libido. Its not that I don't want too but any time we get to be together, I then don't ever want to.
Thanks.

RDWM Posts : 1,354 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

hello gals. Glad to see this is still going strong. It's been a long time.

Life's good, but I'm 2 sizes bigger then I was when I first joined brides. I've stopped weighing myself. It was getting compulsive. I just got me a lane bryant credit card and called it good :)

Danille

sassy411 Posts : 52 Registered: 8/16/10
Posted: Aug 18, 2010 8:40 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

My advice from the "mature" bride--if you decide you want to lose weight, do it while you are still young, ie before you start the peri menopause years. Once your hormones start acting up, it becomes very difficult. If you start good habits in your 20's-30's, you will be way ahead of the game when you hit your late 40's & beyond. This is especially true if you can work some kind of regular physical activity into your life.

You'll see a payoff now & later in many ways.

futuremrshayes1 Posts : 8 Registered: 1/18/11
Posted: Jan 20, 2011 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: sassy411

I know I am a little late to the party but I just joined Brides. My wedding date is Dec. 17th, 2011 and I am determined to lose either 30-40 pounds.

At 5'9 and 191, my weight isn't too bad. I've actually lost between 20-30 pounds since Jan. 2009 when I was at my heaviest (209.) Before the holidays, I had gotten down to 184 but then Christmas goodies tempted me too much.

It is really important to me to lose weight because my fiancee is 6'0 and MAYBE 150. Though I would like to be smaller than him, it probably won't happen because I have a larger frame then he does. I would like to be what I use to weigh in high-school (155-165.) I'm still young enough to accomplish this.

My goal is to start walking/running and doing stomach crunches. I would LOVE to wear a bikini on my honeymoon but I wouldn't dare do it now.

So here are my goals:

Starting weight: 191.6
Starting size: 14
Goal weight: 155
Goal size: 8-10

I've stopped drinking sodas of any kind, except for two Dr. Peppers a week and hardly ever eat fast food. But I've decided to stop drinking sodas period or at least until the wedding. I'm not addicted to them anymore so it's not that difficult.

What else can I try?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;11;24/st/20111217/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/90cc/blk-event.png[/img] [/url]

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

A-Line Sweetheart Neckline One-Shoulder Strap with Ruffles and Split on teh Skirt Floor Length Zipper Chiffon prom dress
Save up to 24% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $129.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-sweetheart-neckline-oneshoulder-strap-with-ruffles-and-split-on-teh-skirt-floor-length-zipper-chiffon-prom-dress-p-31970.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 15, 2012 4:04 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4904 is just $349.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine