Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8,933

MrsHF Posts : 368 Registered: 10/12/07
Re: Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 8:52 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I'd like to come back as well, I promise I'll be good! :) I really need to get back on track. Ever since Punta Cana I have had no motivation to do anything at all. Next go round I want to be in it for weight loss. I have no good ideas on how to make it interesting.

The trip was good, the weather was great, the people were nice, the food was really good, but I have a story (I always have a story it seems lol)

Get there, the resort was pretty (not as nice as last year's but nothing could be as nice as that). The room was kind of small for three people, they pushed the furniture around so they could put another bed in for DH's daughter so it was kind of cramped. Our bed was actually 2 twin beds pushed together.

So the first night we're sleeping and all of a sudden I hear a half whispered "MrsHF" - it was DH's daughter. What? I ask. "There's a big bug in the bathroom" Now she knows I am terrified of bugs, but like a trooper I get up to go check it out. I get the handy flashlight app on my iPod going and shine it under the sink area. And there was a cockroach crawling along the wall. It was about 1 1/2 inches long. I immediately run to DH and tell him he has to kill it. Thankfully he's not afraid of bugs (he doesn't really understand my fear). He says oh it wasn't really that big - um yah it was (remember this statement for later ;) )

Next day it didn't seem as terrifying, so I try to convince myself it's only a stray bug, all will be fine I'll just really inspect the luggage before we leave etc. (but from then on I went nowhere in the room without my flashlight app pointed to the ground lol)

Tuesday we were at the Lobby Bar and DH's daughter decided to go back to the room because she was tired. We come back a little while later and she said just watch over there I killed a bug, indicating over by our bed. DH goes over to look, turns around, looks at me and just said "no...no". I say oh yes I have to look. I may not like bugs, but if one is in my room I need to know what it is. I go around the other side of the bed and there squished on the ground is a HUGE (and I'm mean 2 1/2-3 inches huge) cockroach. I immediately start to tear up. DH's daughters says yah, it fell off the ceiling and crawled into your suitcase. I am totally freaked at this point, trying hard not to show it. We get into bed and all I can do is lie there and stare at the ceiling looking for more bugs. I started crying (as quietly as possible so as not to disturb anyone), my nose was running and I couldn't breath so I started breathing though my mouth. Then I realized that the damn thing fell off the ceiling, so I covered my mouth so nothing would fall in. I started feeling a panic attack starting - I was a complete mess! (Now it seems humourous, but not then). Finally I had to get up to go blow my nose so at least I could breath. Turn the light on in the bathroom and there was another one on the floor. This one must have been the baby cuz it was small, only about an inch. I stepped back and sucked in my breath - DH immediately says, what? as he's getting out of bed. This one was really quick, he had a hard time catching it.

At this point even DH was fed up. I mean we realize that they have cockroaches in the Dominican, but please try to keep them out. So DH tells me to go to our tour rep. to have them do something about the bugs (he figured it would come better from a woman) I walk up to the rep and started crying (I didn't mean or want to, I was just so stressed that I couldn't help it). He said they would fumigate the room that morning, and then I wanted to punch him - he then said "well we are in their environment" No, their environment is NOT my room, it's somewhere else. Later we went back to the room and it smelled like chemicals Yay! We had to laugh because they left a ginormous can of bug spray in the room (I think so we could see what they used). I mean this thing was over a foot tall. DH pretty much used up the rest of the can spraying everywhere, he's so good :) And the best part, we didn't see another bug for the rest of the week. I don't care if they are there, I just don't want to see them.

The rest of the trip was pretty uneventfull. It rained for about 20 minutes one day. DH's daughter got sick one day (I think she overdid it on the drinking and sun). We ate a lot of crepes (there were only a few that were really good), alot of food, and sat on the beach every day. I would not go back to this resort and I can't recommend it because of the bugs, but it was nice and relaxing.

I suppose I better end for now, it's 8:50 and I should have started work at 8:30 - ooops!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

MrsHF, your story reminds me of when I was in Hawaii, on the big island. I was staying in a set of dorms for the University of Hawaii (this was in college, when I was doing a summer abroad program -- yeah, yeah, I know "Summer Abroad in Hawaii" doesn't exactly sound like school!) and when we got our introduction to our new living quarters, the R.A. said "you will see a bug." He just said it matter-of-factly, just to let us know they are, indeed, out there.

Sure enough, after opening my suitcase, going to the bathroom and then coming back, I see a BIG cockroach, just sitting on the floor. I chased it out the door. (I don't kill if I can help it -- I chase.) Then, I turned around, and gave a speech.

I said out loud:

"Look. I know you're here. I know you've been here far longer than I've been here, and will be here for far longer after I leave. I know you were here first, long before everyone else, and I'm pretty much in your territory. I understand that, and I respect it. I just ask for one thing: I don't want to see you. I won't bother you as long as I can't see you. When I'm in the room, you be somewhere else. When I'm not here, come out and have a party for all I care. Just go away when I come back. Let's live in peaceful co-existence, mutually undisturbed, completely unaware of eachother's presence."

I didn't see another bug for the rest of my trip (I was there a week).

Now, I'm not saying that my speech did the trick, but I'd like to think that we came to a mutual understanding that has worked out between me and the bug world ever since.

Also, from now on, whenever I'm in a tropical environment, I always ask for a room for the highest floor available. The closer you are to the ground, the more likely you are to have bugs!

As for me, I am no longer doing the 10 mile run. I just couldn't train in time, and I was having pain in my shins, which was giving me some anxiety. So I switched to the 5K. I'm disappointed, for sure, but think it's the right thing to do.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

NessaRae615 Posts : 675 Registered: 9/23/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Boy arn't we all a bunch of chaty Cathys in here!!!

When does the next BL start? Anyone have any idea whats going on with that?

Not much to report here, DH and I are trying to get pregnant, but my body isn't accepting this idea, so I had to go to the Doctor yesterday to see what was up, had to get some blood drawn, and an ultrasound next week. The doctor mentioned it could be because of being over weight, which I suppose is possible, but my body has never been normal, even when I wasn't over weight, so we will see. If it is something as simple as that though, it will defantly get me even more motivated.

How is everyone else doing??

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Hey Nessa, I'm around.

I'm going to throw something out there, see if anyone bites.

How about starting an entirely new Biggest Loser thread? I know we all love it here, but we need a kick in the pants, and some new energy. A bunch of motivated newbies dying to fit into their wedding dresses might be just the kind of energy we need.

"I'd hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Sounds like a plan to me. How did your race go?

Kenny and me perfect together, 10 years and counting

Sucks to be you, So glad I am me

Proud Member of P.O.O.P,  People Offended by Offended People

wedding websites

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 16, 2010 5:46 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

I second it!

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I third that motion!! I have 33 days until vacation, and would really like to at least feel a little better about myself...

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Agreed!! I need motivation!! Maybe the change will help.

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

My race went sucky. I was having lots of shin pain, so I switched to the 5K. I was kinda cranky about the whole thing, and just felt disappointed in myself overall.

Which is why I really need to get in shape now.

If we want to start a new thread, I'm looking for volunteers. I'll keep tabs/score on the competition, but I'm looking for someone else to actually start the thread!

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Aww MrsD that sucks about your race. You will get the motivation back to do the next one!!

So I think someone who is around and more known on the boards should start the new thread (Kelly or Cyndi maybe?) I noticed there is a challenege thread going on, do we want to go in there and invite some new people? I will also be willing to start the thread if someone wants me to. If thats that case then I would need to know how do we want to start things?

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 19, 2010 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Go ahead Nessa, start it!

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 10:40 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

So, um, there seem to be some posts missing??

I started the new thread, but have had no hits on it yet....

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Here's the new thread:

http://www.brides.com/forums/diet-and-fitness/thread.jspa?messageID=594000򑁐

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 7:09 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Thanks for posting that MsD!! Looks like we are starting to get some participants!!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Apr 26, 2010 1:55 AM Go to message in response to: NessaRae615

Damn girls, Ive been away too long. A whole new thread started lol. Thats cool though, its a good idea to get new blood I think, like MsD said. We are all getting way too complacent and lazy. Or is that just me? lol.

I coordinated a wedding yesterday that Ive been working on for the past 10months or so with this bride. It went sooooo well, might I even say perfectly, and she and her new husband are extremely happy with my services, which makes me happy as all hell. Im so exhausted, after I do a wedding Im tired for like 3days and my feet hurt for a good week. Which isnt good because on Saturday, my mom is coming into town for hte weekend from Massachusetts......and we are walking the Revlon 5k for Womens Cancers together, its on may 1st, which would have been my nanas 87th bday, she died last may. I cant wait to walk this w/my mom and my friends...its in nyc. If anyone wants to donate Ill put the link to my donationpage....

OK im tired. ill figure out which room to post in later....

Check out the Wedding Planner Buzz and My Blog @ www.myaislerunner.com  

See our funny Wedding Wed-isode @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokYNI91ztU&NR=1

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for standup comedy clips,sketches,and more @ www.youtube.com/kelleyfunnylady

Co-Founder and Proud Member of P.O.O.P - People Offended by Offended People.

"Children are just like adults, minus the crushing failure." - Stephen Colbert

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine