Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!

Online Users: 1,338 guest(s), 5 user(s). Replies: 8,933

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Re: Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 6:56 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

I have 11 of 20 peoples info so far.  The rest of you aren't late... YET.  LOL

We need to start thinking about BL7.  Do you guys want/need a little break before we start up the next one?  Do you want to do partners again?  I know there is at least one new person (Becky) and we seem to have lost Stephanie--she hasn't posted the last 2 weeks.  Hmm, maybe it was time for her wedding??  Sorry Alex--that left you partnerless.  :(

So, what does everyone want to do about BL7 ??

Who's that little couple just sittin' on my wedding cake?

Go Kelliza--cha cha cha...and JAZZ HANDS!!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 9:00 AM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

As far as BL 7....There's another weight loss thread call:Bringing Sexy Back **Don't enter unless you want to be accountable**
How about seeing if these girls want to be our competitors? It would be like Overweight VS Bringing Sexy Back?  It's just a thought.
I worked out this am, yay for me but the embarassing part is that I forgot clean undergarments.  So right now I am wearing my sweaty sports bar, and um...no....you get the drift.  I can't wait till lunch to get a real bra & um's on!

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 9:53 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I am one of the late ones - per ususal.

Weight - 144

Points - 17

MsD - I got your envelope

Kelley - I got your notes

Lisa - I got your envelope

And Amy - I got yours - funny story for you - how your cat tried to eat your envelope - my dog tried to eat my stimulus check!!!  Thankfully he didn't eat any part of the check that matters. 

I'm in for BL7 - I think a week off would be cool though.   

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door

AND

Llama Jjamas

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 10:03 AM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

My $$ and notes are going in the mail today! 

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

OK, the website is acting weird again. 

Good Morning everyone.  It has been hot here.  I wasn't nearly sympathetic enough for you guys a few weeks ago.  We have been over 100.  And the last couple nights it isn't even cooling down at night.  I had to use my air conditioning on the way to work this morning.  It makes going out walking really hard.  This is when a gym membership would be good.  Usually I prefer to walk outside, but can't handle the heat.

Anyway, enough griping.  Hopefully this message will show up.  If I can even get to the last page to check.  :)

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Sorry everybody.  We're in the middle of moving craziness right now with my brother's family.  Furniture arrived today, though, so at least we'll all have somewhere to sit by tonight!  Their house is gorgeous.

Weight:  189      Points:  18

Are we taking the usual one-week break before starting the next BL?  Like maybe not starting until the Monday after 4th of July weekend (she asks hopefully)?  I'll be really ready to go then, but in the meantime, I need to drink a couple of Independence Day beers.

Personally, I LOVED the partners element of BL7.  I didn't lose any real weight, but I gained a real friend.  The accountability really did help me to keep my "splurges" in check.

Back to work now.  Later.... 

Trying to lose 40 lbs. by November 16th!  My weight loss mantra:  "Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

Jess - awesome with the 1.5 lb loss!! Congrats Laughing

I just checked my messages, so I'll hopefully be sending the money soon! Lots going on right now...trying to finish moving FH's stuff. He's moving back in to my mom's house (with me and everyone else, lol). I really wish we could just move out already. But my mom needs the help and extra money...decisions, decisions. I just don't know how long we'll last in one tiny room with all our crap.

As for BL, I enjoyed partners too, however, to be honest. I don't know if I was that great of a partner. I'm just so busy that I couldn't communicate much with Jess. Sorry! :( If we keep partners, I'll definitely have to work on that aspect.

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 2:43 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Hi everyone! 

I've been assuming that this week was a week "off" before BL7.  I think starting that Monday is a good idea.  Actually, we might want to wait one more week.  I figure let everyone take time off now, then begin thinking about BL7 goals and their partners starting Monday.  I think partners has worked well for many of us.  I think the tricky part is deciding to either stick with your partner or switching it up. 

Did a 20 minute lower body workout this morning, and have been eating pretty well so far today.  Last night, however, hubby brought out the homemade ice cream maker and tonight we're having pulled-pork sandwiches.  Oh well.  I love pulled pork and I don't care!

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

That's a good idea.  We will completely take off this week, then next week rearrange teams/partners.  Then we will officially start on July 14th and go until Sept 8 (8 weeks).  That way we aren't ending on Labor Day.  I'm sure we have some weddings in that time and probably vacations too, so we will work around people's schedules the best we can.  Is Monday a hard day to post results?  We can change it if another day works better.  Think about it and let me know what everyone wants to do...

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

I think having that break is a good idea too. A little unwind time :) And Mondays are good for me...however, you just reminded me that my lovely summer class starts in a couple weeks. The 14th to be exact. I. Hate. College!

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Shauna - my sympathy to you about your class - I just finished my spring class, taking a break for the summer!

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door   - Llama Jjamas

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFk91aA/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wFk91aA/weight.png">>

SuezyQ Posts : 947 Registered: 8/4/06
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Sorry for the late post.  I just have a minute in between patients.

My weight is 154!  I got the full 25 points this week. 

I definately need to take a break before the next BL.  I'm in though.

TTYL

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever. ~The Notebook

TheLuckiest Posts : 357 Registered: 1/7/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 7:02 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

HEY LOSERS! I've missed all of you SO MUCH and want to join in the next BL! Pretty please? I finally found the weight loss motivation I needed (my health) and have already lost 6 pounds in the last 3 weeks. My goal is to be in the 130s. Not sure on an exact weight, I just want to feel sexy again and/or look like I did in the pics I have in my album.  

Anyway, I'm looking forward to catch up with all of you, older and newer ladies alike Smile

.:K@T!E:.

aim2173 Posts : 265 Registered: 10/14/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: SuezyQ

Count me in for BL 7...It definitely keeps me accountable and I need to lose more.  I love the partners and would love to remain with my partner for next time.  It has been so nice to share not only weight loss but our wedding stuff too...we really are kindred souls and I am so glad to have a new friend.

the july 14th start date is perfect too.  Although I was wondering if anybody is interested in weighing in on Friday or Saturday before the weekend starts.  That seems to be when we all kind of falter.  If we weigh in on either of those days it gives us the whole week to recover from the weekends craziness.  Just a thought!

On a positive note I am going to do my damnedest to keep losing in these off weeks.  I really need to keep my momentum going.  I was at the gym at 7:30 this morning before work.  I am 2 for 2 for workouts this week!

Watch out BL6...Amy Squared is double the trouble!

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: TheLuckiest

Hey Katie,

I was wondering where you had been.  Glad to have you back.  :)

Okay guys, I'm doing my little happy dance.  Eee.  I was just talking to one of my co-workers and she told me her husband (who was picking her up for lunch as I was walking out of the office) asked her if I had lost weight!!!  Yes, I am grinning from ear-to-ear.

Where is my partner?  Kelley????  Where are you???  How was your callback?  Come back to us.

We are still waiting on 6 people to post results.  Hello-lo-lo-lo-lo?

Kel, I need good stadium seat vibes from you.  We are going over to Seattle for a Mariners game on Friday.  And I have to fly on July 21st, so I also need good seatbelt vibes too. 

Later Chicas

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine