Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!

Online Users: 1,342 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8,933

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Re: Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

Thanks Becky!  Yeah, BL has changed from the first few; somewhere around either BL 4 or BL 5, we switched from counting pounds to counting points, and then we partnered up, and it's a long story, but if you keep reading you'll catch up, but if you stop reading, that's cool too and either I or someone else will explain it. 

This thread went dead sometime yesterday!! I hope that that doesn't mean we've all forgotten about the last week! Yesterday i went to see Hancock (thumbs up, although the people I went with didn't like it as much) and snuck in a 320 cal bag of that light chedder popcorn that comes in a black bag.  Coupled with a handful of peanut M&Ms, that was pretty much dinner. 

This morning I did a 20 minute core work out.  The 20 minute upper body work out I did yesterday finally succeeded in working that back shoulder.  The area right under there is the part of my body I like the least -- totally got a fat roll there.  Been trying to target for awhile, but I never quite succeed, so I'm glad that I'm finally a bit sore there. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday. . .

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: MrsHF

first: WELCOME Mrs. Ford!

Okay back to business (hehe, Like I'm real important, I'm a married women tryin' to loose weight).  My day off was fun (Monday), but my friend called me (she was home with a fibro flare up) and we ended up haning out all afternoon, it was fun & relaxing.    Good thing I had done some housework before hand to off balance the drinks I had.

So, I had exercised with Gild this week (except for today).  I was tired,  my reasoning was that since I worked out in the am, and ready for this one?  We had SEX last night!  i was so unexpecting it!  Well maybe I was because I;'ve been nagging him about our lack of sex life.  I'm hoping for more over the weekend.

No big plans for us this weekend, what about you girls?

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Congrats on the SEX Linny. Im jealous LOL. Im not getting any. The hubbys not putting out. Funny to say, but oh so true. I just have to laugh it off at this point. Hes making me lose 5 whole points here and I dont WANT to lose any points on my last week. DAMN HIM and his lack of sexdrive.

FORD your post cracked me up a lot. So funny. Its okay. It happens to the best of us. A lot. You get weak. You eat. You get lazy, you say screw the Gym. The key is dont let it bother you and do better tomorrow.

MrsD are you talking about SmartFood popcorn? I love that shyte. Just bought some last night actually.

Weekend... we are going to see Mommy and Daddy tomorrow. Im psyched. Planning on taking long walks there since they have a nice railtrail that goes something like 15miles along the smalltowns. Ill be using that as my exercise.

That is all my friends. For now anyway. Today Im grading a zillion papers for end of the summer course... and of course taking breaks way too often to check Brides.com :)

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hello everyone, and welcome Becky!  When I did Nutri-System years ago (I was 23, so about 18 years ago), they used the circumference of my WRIST to determine my ideal weight.  At 5"1', they determined I should be 108 pounds.  I knew there was something not right about that.  My wrists are teeny-tiny, but my hipbones are childbearing material all the way.  I finally got down to 120 and I was absolutely skeletal.  I had to be the one to say "stop!" and Nutri-System was not happy that I'd "not reached my target".  Crazy.  At my current age of 41, I'd love to be around 140-145.

Big doings this weekend in my world:  my brother and his family are moving to Austin!!! FH and I are so excited to finally have family here, even though where they're moving is actually quite a hike from us (50 miles round trip).  They're out in FooFooLand...we're up in Poorville.  lol  All four of them -- brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew -- are all in my wedding party, so that will be great. 

OldAmy and I have been in full-blown wedding mode this month, and we're not getting married til November.  Who's the next bride on our thread with a wedding coming up?  Mrs. Hills, maybe?

NewAmy

Trying to lose 40 lbs. by November 16th!  My weight loss mantra:  "Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

I liked the number I saw on the scale this morning! I'm trying to be good today so maybe that number will be a little lower. Problem is, there's cake in my office. I thought I could stay away because its not where I can see it. But I'm hungry, and I know its around here somewhere, so I'm trying to keep myself from going and finding it!

I ran 5 miles outside this afternoon and its VERY muggy today. I've tried to up my water because of this but I haven't succeeded very well and I"ve got a bit of a headache. It was a great run though.

No big weekend plans here. But it should be fun. I work tonight and tomorrow. I'll do a long run tomorrow morning if I get up before storms hit. And then we're grilling out for lunch. Yum.

Sunday I have off, FINALLY. Dh and I are having a date day. We're going to go see Get Smart and then go out to an early dinner before I go to band rehearsal in the evening.

It will be a fun weekend I think. Just short. Hopefuly I can finish my sex goal and get those points! I'm doing OK on points, though not getting them all. I think I may get more than last week though!

OK, I can't fight it anymore. It doesn't help that I don't have anything to do right now. I'm going to go find that cake.

Ask me how you can train for an endurance event and help cure blood cancers! http://www.teamintraining.org/

Even though my first half marathon is done, I'm still training. Follow me on my journey: www.jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

Message was edited by: jessd0320

Fitzer Posts : 643 Registered: 8/7/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 12:59 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

The number Becky's talking about comes from a weight rule of thumb I've seen before - not sure if it's ideal or minimum or whatever, but I've seen it said that - 

5 feet = 100 lbs

each additional inch = 5 lbs

so 5'1" = 105, 5'2" = 110, etc.

I'm not sure who the next upcoming bride is, but today is only 3 weeks out for me!  Wedding craziness hit a whole new level this week. 

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 3:37 PM Go to message in response to: Fitzer

Yay Fitzer on the upcoming nuptials!  What are y'all working on right now?  Tell us about your wedding...indoor/outdoor?  Big/small?  Your dress?  Bridal party?

What do you have left to do?

Trying to lose 40 lbs. by November 16th!  My weight loss mantra:  "Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

Hey everyone!

Jess, I think I'm adjusting OK to non-planning, but I definitely need to find something else to do to fill that void.  I'm thinking about either volunteering at the local SPCA (the one in the county I live in, not in the county I work in even though it would be more convenient, but I cover it all the time) or picking up a part-time job for some extra cash money.  We'll see. 

I've been a reporter and a copy editor.  When I was on the desk, I missed being a reporter, but then I'm better at that than I am at putting together graphics or laying out a page.  I can do it, but I'm not the best.  I do miss the hours of being a copy editor, though.

Fitzer, thanks!  Yeah, we didn't want to make it nasty yellow/ green, and I think it turned out really pretty.  Slash, how's your wedding planning going?  Have you had people RSVP yes and then change their mind or vice versa yet?

Becky, welcome!  Don't be so hard on yourself.  Everyone has good and bad days, and it sounds like you've already lost some weight!

Lily, congrats to FH for quitting smoking!  I quit cold turkey too.  The second or third week was the hardest for me, but after that it was a cake walk. 

So, the former sports editor at work (who I'm friends with) just took over for the former content/ news editor here, and I'm so glad.  He gave us a whole single-spaced sheet completely full on what's going to change around here now that he's the boss.  I'm psyched.  And, on the plus side, his new dress code gave me an excuse to go shopping!  It was good timing.  Gap is having a 40 percent off sale, so I went a  bit crazy.  Good thing the wedding cheques are still coming in. :P  I just wish they'd stock their extra long trousers in the store; their long ones are just long enough for me to wear flats or kitten heels, but all the heels I have are high.  Oh well.

Well, I'm working this weekend.  Boo that.  And I'm on for 4th of July, which I'm really bummed about since DH has off.  But we just got a new reporter and new boss wants to change our weekend and holiday schedule a bit so the newb fits in.  I'm hoping it works out in my favour, since DH has to go in for another surgery next month and I don't want to work the weekend after he does.  We'll see, I guess.

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

aim2173 Posts : 265 Registered: 10/14/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 8:32 AM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

Wowser...me the first one o weigh in. That's crazy!  But I am up early because I have a flight to catch at 11:30.  I have already been to the gym this morning as well...so yay for me.  I am going to keep on trucking even though BL 6 is over!

Weight:256.5....3 1/2pounds down.  Woo hoo!

Points:  all 25 ...woo hoo!  I am very proud of myself this week!

Exercise 5x a week for 45 min....5/5

Drink 4 glasses of water...6/6

EAt 3 fruits and veggies a day...6/6   Thank you farmers market!

Eat 3 healthy meals a day....6/6

Lose at least 1 pound...2/2

Ok ladies I am off to shower and head to the airport but I will be back tonight to see all the awesome results from the rest of you lovely ladies.  I know we all kicked it up this week...way to go out with a bang!!!

oldamy

Watch out BL6...Amy Squared is double the trouble!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: aim2173

I'm the 2nd checking in!

Weight...the same, 231.5, points 16 (I suck).

Yesterday DH & I went to a park and walked the trail (only haf because I forgot to do my asthama inhaler & we got a late start), so we walked maybe a half mile.  It was so relaxing & quiet.

So Aunt Flo arrived on of couse a very humid day, so I'm a bit crabby!

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 11:53 AM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Weight: 142, same. Points: 21

3/3 for sex, woohoo!

10/10 for weekend workouts

2/5 for workouts during the week

4/4 for eating less at dinner

2/3 for ordering healthy on weekends

Looks like Fitzer is the next bride! I think you are getting married the week before me, we are super close! I moved to Memphis yesterday. My poor mom is with her 2 friends in our old apartment waiting for the movers. They are boxing stuff up today and moving to the truck tomorrow. At least her friends are there and they don't have to do anything, just watch and make sure the movers get everything.

I already had a bad morning. I walked FH out to his car when he left to work to get his GPS to use for the day and one of our dogs jumped and flipped the lock!!! I was locked out at 7:15 so had to walk around the apartment complex in my boxers and t-shirt and slippers until 8:30 when the office opened so I could get a key to get me in! Craziness. I'm not leaving the apartment again without a key! Today is just a relaxing day. I have an interview tomorrow and another one Wednesday. I need to go grocery shopping and get a copy of our apartment key at walmart. I think I'm going to lay around at the pool and definitely go to the fitness center here and work out. Busy day, I better get moving!

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 12:09 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Good Morning Losers!!

I missed you guys when I was computer-less over the weekend.  This is the one good thing about coming home.

Kelley e-mailed me her results, so I will post hers and then do mine...

KELLEY: "Okay. 20 of 25 points. Guess where I DIDNT get my points again? SEX. Howd ya know? Im getting predictable now. I dont even realyl care anyrmore cuz its too damn hot in our apt to MOVE never mind have any sort of physical contact. When I KISS My husband his damn lips are sweaty...so thats enough for me. Yuck. I just dont know how people can want to be touched in nasty humidity. We do nothing but sit in place and try not to move.

Weight: 209. Im REALLY Happy with that number. Im so close now to being under 200 which would be HUGE for me. And I think its a SIX pound loss, or five, cant remember right now. Either way Im surprised. I did exercise an move around quite a bit this week... we went to my parents house this wknd, and they have a gorgeous rail trail that goes 16miles along the towns etc... my mom and her friend go walking every morning at like 6am (before it gets too hot). They do 4 miles. My mom is 64 and SHE does 4miles no problem. Shes also tiny lol. So I went with them both mornings... then later in the day I walked with hubby and we did at least 2 more. My legs hurt like hell and I gotta go to work. We ate SO MUCH food over the wknd, but I really tried not to overdue it which is tough at my parents house. All we do is eat there ....constant eating.
So thats it. Im so proud of my team and of Liza... she is awesome!!! Ill write more on all that later... I wish we had done more Throwdowns during this contest...and that some people would post a bit more... but other than that, BL6 ROCKED!!!
Cheryl I sent out two cards in care of you ,you dont even need to open them... but one is for the points team winner,the other is for the weight winner. Already sent money awhile ago.
I think the most FUN thing to do would be to take all the points cards and half the $ and put it in a large priority envelope or whatever, pick a rep from that team and send it off to them. Do the same thing with the weight loss stuff...cards and cash in a card all in a big priority mail envelppe to the winner. IT would be fun for whoever wins to open up this big thing filled with cards and some cash. I hope people sent cards... even if they couldnt send money. We can give people another week if everyone wants... before eveything is officially sent out. IT shouldnt cost more than 2 or 3 bucks to send it that way and its more secure... I can send you the money to cover the cost .
GREAT JOB EVERYONE... cant wait to hear everyones results. "

LIZA:  I did pretty well, considering how much we ate out.  I tried to make healthy choices though.

I got 21 points. 

1/3 for taking my vitamins every day

12/12 for exercising

3/5 for making healthy choices while eating out.  I actually ordered a salad at red robin (when the Banzai burger is my favorite thing ever).  But I did go out for ice cream after the play on Friday

5/5 for sex.  Woo hoo.  It is nice staying in a hotel now and then.

My weight this morning was 261.5, so down a pound and a half.  I really wanted to get to 260, but I got close!!

I had another "steering wheel" moment.  On Friday evening, DH, mom and I went to a play.  We met Mom downtown when she got off work and we went for a walk along Portland waterfront and had dinner down by the river.  Then we were walking back up to the Auditorium and rather than walking up the street, there were these stairs that went up the middle to the block in a park-like setting.  We went up the first 3 flights (56 stairs total) and I went all the way without stopping.  Stairs are usually my kryptonite.  Then the rest were in little groups of 5-6 at a time, and those were nothing.  When we started I was picturing myself halfway up, bent over and panting, but I made it.  That, more than anything, inspires me to keep working out!!

I can't wait to see how everyone else did!!  Have a wonderful day you guys.

Who's that little couple just sittin' on my wedding cake?

Go Kelliza--cha cha cha...and JAZZ HANDS!!

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 12:27 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Sheryl--I sent my money and notes on Tuesday night, so you should get them any time.  :)

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Weight - 196.5 (same)

Points - 25/25...finally ALL the points!!

I have not yet sent money or cards/notes. I'm sooo sorry. Things have just been too crazy. If someone wouldn't mind sending me the correct address either by email or facebook, I'd appreciate it!

I'm leaving work early today to finish helping FH move back to Omaha. We had an insane storm this weekend which interrupted the move. 90 mph winds, pouring rain, hail, pretty much a tornado w/o the tornado if that makes sense. It all passed through in about 20 minutes and left 126,000 customers (homes, businesses, etc.) without power. As of today, I think it's about 16,000 without power...granted our population is only about 500,000, so that was quite a lot. Crazy stuff!!

Hope everyone's having a great day :)

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

Posted: Jun 30, 2008 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

MsD--After reading your reasons for doing individual weight loss and team goal points, I would be okay with that.  I didn't think about it making some people not want to team up with others.  I was just thinking that I could help Kelley win some money if I did really good.  But after seeing how well she did this week, she obviously doesn't need my help.  She is rocking it all on her own.  :)  So, now that I understand your reasoning, I am okay with however the money is divided.  Thanks for explaining.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine