Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!

Online Users: 1,358 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8,933

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Re: Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: Fitzer

Points for this week - 23

Weight - 195 (same)

A little too much going on here. Some crazy family crap as usual. Way too much to bore you guys with. But I did get some wedding stuff done in the last week...I think I'll stick with that because it's more happy. I put down deposits for the DJ, photographer, and cake. It's scary to write those checks, but it's gotta be done, right?

Hope you're all having a great night. Talk to you soon.

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

CathMary Posts : 303 Registered: 10/2/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

jess- I originally had it Feb'10, so its only a few months, but I'm super happy. I wasn't finishing school on time and was going an extra semester. Now, I'm finishing this coming spring with my English degree, then going to get my masters and license for teaching.  I always wanted a fall wedding so I'm hoping the beginning of Nov might be still fallish.  Have you and your husband officially started trying for a baby like you originally said? 

Photobucket

Losing Weight While Gaining Knowledge! 
Thats us, the Student Losers
 Wedding Date- November 8, 2009 (yay new date!)

Catherine

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 8:21 AM Go to message in response to: CathMary

CathMary, congrats on moving up your date! Time flies when you are planning a wedding!

Now we have decided that my mom is just going to ride back from Pittsburgh with me, help me move/clean/throw out stuff next week, ride with me to Memphis, then fly back to Pittsburgh. A one way ticket from Memphis to Pittsburgh is cheaper than the gas from Pittsburgh to Indiana and back. Craziness. It will be fun to have her around, I haven't seen her much lately when I've made trips home because of the planning madness. We will now have a whole week together finishing up whatever we can do without a computer (FH took our laptop to Memphis so I only have a computer at work). I'm excited, it will be fun girl time!

aim2173 Posts : 265 Registered: 10/14/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 9:30 AM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

Sorry I am late...I was still recovering from my girls week!

WEight :261 same I think

Water  2/5

healthy lunch and breakfast 3/7

stay within my points range 2/5

exercise 5x a week for 45 min...2/5

lose one 1 0/2

faithful to brides 1/1

Not awesome this week by any means.  I think Ineed to revamp my goals.  I will be back later. Going to get my haircut.  We have engagement pics tomorrow!!!

Watch out BL6...Amy Squared is double the trouble!

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 10:14 AM Go to message in response to: aim2173

I dragged my tired butt out of bed and went for a walk this morning. Of course now, it is only 7:10 and I am ready for a nap, not to go to work.  I had to get it in today because cramps will have me out of commission for a couple days.  Stupid aunt flo.  Hopefully I will be able to get my other two in Sat and Sunday.

My scale is taunting me, but so far, so good.

I hope you all have a great day.  I'll post BL results later--we are still missing some people.  Don't make me sic Kelley on you guys.  LOL

Who's that little couple just sittin' on my wedding cake?

Go Kelliza--cha cha cha...and JAZZ HANDS!!

TooManyLs Posts : 102 Registered: 6/7/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Sorry I'm late!  I was chaperoning a school field trip to Cedar Point yesterday.

Weight: 237 (up a little)

We are finally part of the civilized world again - power, cable and internet!  My shower was wonderful, but nobody bought anything from Linens N Things, and they are closing all of the stores by me.  I may have to go shopping for myself!

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

I'm having a very cranky day.

Got home last night and managed an entire 10 minutes of relaxing before my power went out.  So I took advantage of the natural light as best I could to read, and then I went to bed at 8:45. And I'm just generally feeling sluggish this morning, probably because I haven't had any real excercise since Thursday.  This morning I bought my first cup of coffee in a month, and I then ate half a scone.  Wasn't even that good.  I threw the other half away, so that it doesn't tempt me come 3pm this afternoon when my blood sugar drops and I need a snack.

I had the good sense to pack my workout bag this morning, though.  I know that the only way to get out of this funk is to get to the gym.  I have a better overall emotional balance when I'm excersicing, and I hope to get some adrenaline going later on and snap out of this really cranky day.

Kel, consider my post yesterday, where I said the challenge sounds like it's going to "suck" an early journal entry.  Because all I could think at that moment was how much I do not want to carry an extra 65 lbs around for a mile.  Most days I carry up to 10 lbs of stuff (between my workout bag and my bag that carries my day-to-day work stuff) to and from the office and often my shoulder is killing me.  I don't know how Fitzer is going to carry that duffel bag for a mile, but then Fitzer has some sort of genetic predisposition towards physical challenges.  I'm more of a do-what-feels-good-but-don't-push-myself-too-hard kinda gal.

Anyways, I didn't get a chance after work yesterday to experiment (stupid blackout!) but I will.  I'm thinking I'll take hubby's backpack that is not in storage and put a bunch of stuff (an assortment of books, cans, and t-shirts, I'm thinking) in there.  I can slap on a pedometer and go for a brisk walk around the neighborhood.  I doubt I'll run, but I can go up some hills and finish it off with 15 flights of stairs.

How bad is it that it's only 11 and I just want to go back to bed?

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 11:46 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Hi ladies,

I have been MIA again for a few weeks and I'm sorry.  Things have been very busy for me at work, at home, on the weekends!!  Constant chaos :)  But, I have good news!!!

Hubby and I are buying a house!!  We put an offer in on a home and they accepted!!! The inspection came back good and now we are just waiting on financing.  Please cross your fingers that everything goes smoothly from here out :)

I am so excited!! This home is really perfect for us and I can't wait to move out of our crappy apartment and into a beautiful home :) Please please cross your fingers for us :)

I'll post more when I have more time.  Way to go with all the weightloss ladies!! You are all so inspiring.

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 11:49 AM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

weight 206

points 25/25

so much to tell talk toyou all in a bit

Ashley

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.
Sending Love to my Wormies!

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Sara--Congrats!!  Post pictures of your new house if you get a chance.  We'd love to see it.

Ashley--can't wait to hear what you have to say.

DFitz--glad to hear you guys are going to try the throwdown.  Just remember to be safe and not hurt yourselves.

The cramps have started.  Just kill me now...

Who's that little couple just sittin' on my wedding cake?

Go Kelliza--cha cha cha...and JAZZ HANDS!!

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Cath: November is definitely a fall wedding! Good for you! DH and I have started trying to make a baby... we had a lot of sex (at least for us) on vacation, then unfortunately we were back to our old routine last week. Its going to be a challenge because of our schedules. But we are trying.

The problem, to be honest, is I'm not so sure I really want to be trying right now. I'm a terrible person. If I told DH he would be so upset. So I'm hoping it will pass.

Hills: Sounds like you've got a lot going on getting ready for your move! I'm glad you'll have your mom there to help.

SO fitzer, I was thinking... your 73 minutes it took you to run your 15K is about how long it takes me to run a 10K!

Anyway... I need to cross train today and I don't know what I feel like doing. I do want to exercise, I just don't know what I want to do. I'm leaning toward swimming, but first I'm going to check the fitness schedule and see if they still have a cardio bootcamp class at 12:15 during summer. But I did my PT strength exercises for the first time last night so I'm a little sore.

I had a good carb day yesterday! Those have been so few and far between lately I just had to share.

Ask me how you can train for an endurance event and help cure blood cancers! www.teamintraining.org

Even though my first half marathon is done, I'm still training. Follow me on my journey: www.jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Sorry your cramps hurt you so bad.  Hang in there.  I will post pictures once we close :)  We are scheduled to close on or before July 11th.  Please think happy thoughts for me.  I really really want this to go through :)

I need to get serious about my weightloss.  I don't know what my deal is but I have been so busy with other aspects of my life, that I have really gotten lazy with my weight loss.  I need to snap out of it!

Have a good day ladies!

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 12:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I forgot say congratulations sara! Buying a house is such a scary but fun time!! I've got happy thoughts for yoU!

Ask me how you can train for an endurance event and help cure blood cancers! www.teamintraining.org

Even though my first half marathon is done, I'm still training. Follow me on my journey: www.jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

Ok here goes

So on the last page i told you guys about how dave and I got into an arguement thursday night about a couple things...well apparently it took me actually speaking up for him to get on the same page with me. Go figure right...

anyways...after the weekend being crazy sunday we sat down and looked at our finances and saw that unless we can make up my paycheck (as measley as it is) somewhere else I will have ot continue to work 40 hours a week and put off school.

Not even 10 minutes after this discussion my phone rang and it was a job offer for dave for 2 nights that he has free already making as much as I make in a week plus some I know right!? how sad is that?

I came into work today after doing alot of research yesterday (i called off so i could figure out if i really wanted to quit just yet or if i wanted to wait it out a bit) and talked to the office manager about why I am unhappy and explained to her that I had been thinking about ending my assignment...she told me to do it if i wasnt happy and that she wants me to tell the temp agency what is going on here so that they know why i am leaving and to tell them to call her if they have any questions.

On top of that she is going to write me a great refernece letter.

So I dont know when I will be on next because we still havent figured out if today is my last day or if Friday will be.

NOW on to the family issues...dave's grandmother is finally out of the ICU and they are hoping that she will get out Friday or saturday so cross the fingers...Strange thing though...shes talking to her dead husband AND asking for her daddy...

does anyone know if thats normal? and does anyone know anyone that survived a brain anurism? I am just wondering what kind of rehab we are going to be looking at

alright talk toyou all in a bit..

I am going to run outside and then I am going to come back in and check out Facebook Chat to see who's on

ttyl

Ashley

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.
Sending Love to my Wormies!

Posted: Jun 17, 2008 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Ummm, facebook chat? Whats the deal with that? I want in!

So Ashley, is this what you wanted to happen? I know you had been discontent with your job lately. You will start school then?

I'm glad grandma's out of ICU. I had an aunt and a cousin die of anyurism, but sorry I dont' know anyone who's survived. I'd imagine loss of memory and all that is normal.

I'm going to be sore today. Went to cardio bootcamp class and immediately realized it was a bad idea. Great class, I had just forgotten how intense it can be. I'll be feeling it later, thats for sure.

So I've been lazy all afternoon, gotta get moving. I want to at least take another load of stuff to goodwill. My life is so exciting, lol.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine