Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8,933

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Ummm,youre going to HAWAII??? Did I know this? I feel like I didnt know this. Kick ass!!! (said in Cartman from South Park voice) Wow now Im incredibly jealous of you at this moment. Im working today too from home ... and Ive got my facebook chatroom open if you have a free few minutes come LOOK FOR ME!!! lol...

Amy; that is a good idea and thanks for noticing the accomplishments. I do realize how far I have come .. I guess its just that when youre THIS big, a little bit here and there doesny FEEL like anything at all. When youre small or toned and lose 4 pounds,you notice that right away. When youre big all over and have tons of fat, you just dont notice anything until you start losing BIG amounts of weight. So while I am happy about it, its still hard to FEEL it if that makes sense. WHen I look in the mirror Im still gigantic, still fat, still have a fat face which I HATE cuz thats hte FIRST thing that goes on me when I get bigger than I wanna be... Also, only ONE time in the past maybe ten years did I lose a whole lot of weight (like over 50pounds) and was able to maintain it for a good amount of time. This was years ago when I was living in Queens NY and the Gym was TWO BLOCKS from my apt and only $30 a month. It was sooo convenient that I would literally go nightly for like 90min each night. I got into a routine and the weight came off well. I ate healthy, I saw results. Then when I moved to Jersey 5years ago, it started creeping back on again. I had no gym nearby, no car, and no motivation. And I was broke nad living alone. Its just soooo easy to fall BACK into the old easy comforting routines when something gets unfamiliar or hard... so I guess whenever I start to lose a significant amount of weigth, like over 10-20 pounds... Im happy,but also SCARED TO DEATH of falling back into the routine of "oh im losing..ill just skip the walk tonight" etc etc. becaue its sooooo easy to do. Battling weight is like walking a tightrope. ALL THE TIME.lol/.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:14 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hello!  I am working today too!  It was just a hectic morning for me since I had my monthly 30/30 meeting with my boss this morning.  These meetings are where we go over what I have worked on for the past month and what I plan to work on during the next month.  :)  Ick!

I have also been pretty focused on baby stuff lately.  I found fabric at Hancock fabric to make a crib skirt and valance with.  Its purple and looks great with chocolate brown so I will get to have Faith's nursery in the colors I wanted!  My mom is coming out to visit for 2 months (October 4-Thanksgiving) and she's going to help with the sewing!  :)

I have also been researching breastfeeding vs pumping and bottle-feeding breastmilk.  :)  TMI probably, but I have to figure out what I want to do. 

This weekend is not going to be relaxing for Jon or I.  My dad will be here briefly on Monday or Tuesday so we have to get the house all cleaned up!  I am neurotic about my house being spotless when my parents visit.  :)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Janice 

It's a girl! Little Faith Ann is due October 17, 2008!
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

TooManyLs Posts : 102 Registered: 6/7/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:36 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Woo hoo!  I have power!  Bad storms Sunday night pretty much sent us back to the 1800s.  This was supposed to be the last week of school (review, exams, grades, field trip, last day) and my school was closed for 4 DAYS!  It was ridiculous.  We finally got power back late last night and had the cram the whole last week of school into a 1/2 day.  I am exhausted!

No power means my week has been shot to hell.  I couldn't use the computer to log my meals, so I lost all of those points.  I think I may have to readjust, even though it is late in the week - natural disasters and all!

But...it's summer vacation! And my shower is tomorrow!  So excited! Have a great week all !

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:21 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley--It is our delayed honeymoon.  FIL and his wife belong to WorldMark and as wedding gift, wanted to give us a week anywhere with a Worldmark resort, so we chose Hawaii, which is apparently so popular that you have to book 13 months in advance, so we decided to do our honeymoon over our first anniversary.  We are flying to honolulu on 9/17.  Then 9/20-9/27 we will be on the big island in the timeshare.  So we just had to pay for the flight, 3 nights in honolulu and rental car on Big Island (not getting one for honolulu.)  I can't wait to finally go on my honeymoon!!!

Who's that little couple just sittin' on my wedding cake?

Go Kelliza--cha cha cha...and JAZZ HANDS!!

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Good afternoon! I am here, just later than usual. My lunch went well! It had its awkward moments but I expected that. It was kind of weird meeting someone I had only met online.

I need to change my goals again but I don't know how they will change. I really need to emphasize my physical therapy in my goals so then I know I will actually follow through.

I didn't exercise today because I didn't have time, but I also found I needed the rest. My legs are tired today. Tomorrow I'll run with my TNT group. Its the last group fun for the Anchorage marathoners. I had gotten to know everyone in the Anchorage group instead of San Diego, because no one in the san diego group ever came to the workouts!

OK well... I'm going to go take a nap. I am SOOOO tired.

Ask me how you can train for an endurance event and help cure blood cancers! www.teamintraining.org

Even though my first half marathon is done, I'm still training. Follow me on my journey: www.jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 11:30 AM Go to message in response to: jessd0320

Hello all.  It's Saturday morning, and I'm frantically trying to wrap up some loose ends here at work so I get on a plane tomorrow with no lingering worries.

I'm posting my results today since I changed to a Saturday to Saturday week. 

Weight:  188.0 (1/2 pound loss, grrr)

Points:  23.  Maxed out all of my points targets except I blew my calorie target one day and I didn't lose at least one pound. 

I had a great week, though, and I'm proud of what I did this week, especially since flo is on her way and my boobs are jutting out and sloshing around like water balloons.  The challenge will be this coming week, when I'm surrounding by my food-obsessed family and all kinds of regional culinary temptations that you just can't get down here in Texas.  Although I know I won't eat perfectly, I have a water-drinking and exercise plan which might help balance the effects.

Everyone have a great weekend!  Liza, sooo jealous of the trip to Hawaii.  You're going to have a blast!

Later,

NewAmy

Trying to lose 40 lbs. by November 16th!  My weight loss mantra:  "Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

Well, here I am at work on Saturday.  Grr.  One of the guest speakers is talking now, so I snuck down to my office to check in.

I don't know what the bleep is wrong with me this week.  My first mistake was making brownies Tuesday night.  I didn't eat as many as I would have before, but definitely ate more than I should have (0).  Then on Thursday I bought a box of the new starbucks chocolates, thinking one a day would satisfy my chocolate craving.  It probably would have, but did that stop me from eating all 10 in 2 days???  No!!!  Then last night we went to Applebees, where I easily could have ordered a salad.  Did I???  Do you really need to ask?  No, I had one of the triple appetizer special things with mini cheeseburgers, mozarella sticks and boneless BBQ wings.  And I ate it all (except some of the bun on the burgers).  Then this morning at my homebuyer class, the realtor brought doughnuts and I just finished eating a chocoate bar.  So, like I said, what is wrong with me??? 

Kelley, I am sorry.  I think I was down on myself because after weighing sunday, I was up 3 pounds by Tuesday, so I figured I may as well make brownies.  And that started the slippery slope.

I have been doing so-so with my points.  I have 2 of three days of exercise done, so only have to do tomorrow.  I have done great with my vitamins--everyday so far.  The housework is not so good, but if I do like 4 hours of house cleaning tomorrow, I can still get those points.  So, to recap, to get the most points possible, tomorrow I have to exercise, clean house for 4 hours and have sex.  LOL  No pressure or anything...

I hope you are all having better days than me today.  Love you guys.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

LIZA HON... WHat did I tell you about weighing yourself more than once a week??? DONT DO IT!!! lol. THATS exactly why. Because whatever that weight is, youre going to analyze it and then check again, and then make it worse when in reality it probably would have been a totally different weight by the time you got around to hte END of the week anyway. Just wiegh yourself ONCE a week, whatever day you decide to post weight. I weight myself Monday mroning, thats IT. Never any other time. And as far as the xtra eating... its okay. It happens. I was bad thia week too... the key is to STOP as soon as you notice it. Its not too late. I had a cheesesteak sandwich last night which was a BAD idea but I was starving and stupid DH wanted to order food lol... so I caved. But then I didnt make it worse by also drinking soda and eating chips with it.. I just let it go and moved on. Thats what you need to do now.

Chocolate cravings... heres what I buy . Mini peppermint patties, mini mint 3 muskateers bars, SKinny Cow fudgsicles and ice cream sandwiches. Sugar free choc pudding cups. protein bars like LUNA bars...surprisingly good and much healtheir than a regular cnacy bar. My fave flavors are peppermint chocolaet and nutz over chocolate. All these things have low fat grams and are small in size or portions and will help you with teh choclate thing.

Sorry my typnig sucks right now. Dont know why, this keyboar dis sticking. Lixa do you have any time right now at work? Ill try to get on the facebok chat if you can get in or have time to talk...

I know. Lost cause lol.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hello ladies!! 

I bought the fabric for Faith's crib skirt and valance yesterday!   It had been moved from 30% off to 50% off in the 2 days since I first went to the fabric store!!  

My mom is going to help me make just a simple gathered crib skirt  and valance.  This will be the main fabric and then we will have a strip of brown fabric along the bottom edge.  :)  The rest of the bedding will be solid colors, probably a mix of lilac, brown and cream.   

Little Faith has been wiggling up a storm lately.  Jon loves that he can put his hand on my belly sometimes and feel her moving around.  It really makes the whole pregnancy more real.   I love it! 

My goals are going pretty well this week.  So far I got all my water, vitamin, and fruit/veggie points.  And half of my exercise/sex points.  Hopefully I can keep it up this weekend. 

Jon is getting frustrated with his weight this week.  I keep tell him its normal for men to gain weight when their wife is pregnant but he doesn't want to hear it.  Its his own fault though, he stopped watching his portions like he used to and he rarely takes home leftovers from eating out anymore.  He used to bring half his meal home every time we ate out.   Oh, and he's started snoring a little bit too!  So funny!  Thank goodness I am a sound sleeper!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  My dad and brother should be visiting on Monday or Tuesday.  They are stopping by our house on their road trip from Florida to Oregon.  I am pretty excited, but I have to get to cleaning the house!  That will probably count as my next 2 exercise points!

Take care!

Janice 

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

OK, Kelley, apparently my math skills are as good as yours.  I actually only racked up 22 points this week, not 23.  Duh. Sorry Liza -- hope you didn't already do too much calculating for me!

NewAmy

Trying to lose 40 lbs. by November 16th!  My weight loss mantra:  "Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

aim2173 Posts : 265 Registered: 10/14/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 2:24 PM Go to message in response to: BrandNewAmy

hey ladies...have a moment to check in before the wedding this afternoon.  I am having an awesome time with my girls and now all the guys have joined us.  This is the first time FH is meeting everyone and I was worried but all is well.

Partner...I am trying to be good but the alcohol has been flowing.  I sent you a text.  Have an awesome time on your trip.  I am so glad you found a new suit.

I will be back around on Monday...have a great weekend and talk soon.

OldAmy 

Watch out BL6...Amy Squared is double the trouble!

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Janice--where in Oregon do your parents live?  Do you ever come out west to visit?  We have been trying to get an Oregon get together going for a long time.  Danille is in Vancouver, WA, Suezy is in Eugene.  I am in eastern WA (3.5 hours from Portland), and then a couple not on this thread (Briansbride2008 in Portland and Buddybethy in Boise).  If you come out to visit, we could do a little brides.com shower for you and Faith.

jessd0320 Posts : 1,491 Registered: 7/4/06
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 5:57 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

Wow ladies. Listen to what has been going on here all week:

TONS of rain. Up to 17  inches in some places. The number of road closures is unprecendented. A lake breached its shore and drained into the nearby river, taking a few houses with it. Entire towns evacuated.

Yesterday there was a firey crash on the interstate in which a semi crashed into a car and they skidded and miraculously no one was hurt. Then this morning, another crash, two semis and a minivan. This one had one fatality.

Today now we are getting MORE rain. There's fear that another lake is going to breach its shoreline like what happened earlier this week. A picture on the paper's web site shows a water fall where a road used to be.

I had my first summer band concert today and the place we were was along the interstate detour. Way more traffic than usual and tons of people in the gas stations buying maps and seeking directions. Its very difficult to travel very far.

This is freaking insane.

In other news, I went on the final TNT run with the Alaska marathon group. We ran by time instead of distance, so I ended up running more than I was planning. I ran 6.75 miles instead of 5 I had planned. I have been  STARVING today, probably because its been over a month since I had a run this long (besides race day) between tapering and then recovery. Its lead me to make some not so good food choices today. And I tried to stop that pattern when packing my dinner for work tonight... not so much. My legs are also really sore to the point where I'm pretty uncomfortable.

I chose my next half marathon! Fox Cities half Sept. 21! I'm so excited. I was pretty surprised DH went for that one since its farther away and we'd have to spend the night (there were two others I was looking at that we wouldn't have to). But he pointed out that if we go to our friend's wedding in August, the half in August would be tough.

Now I need to do some research to see if when I do get pregnant, if I could still do a race like that. If I got pregnant the first time out (like this month) I'd only be 3 months along, so I need to find out if it would still be OK to run a half, if that did happen.

I need to get working but I don't feel like it.

Liza, PLEASE do not weigh yourself more than once a week. Its VERY common for weight to fluctuate by up to 5 pounds within a week. I understand the frustration, I have it too! But there really isn't a reason to be concerned. Pick one day to weigh and only do it then.

Speaking of chocolate cravings, I found the most AWESOME snack this week. 100 calorie pack candy bars! I don't know if I'd really call them candy bars, but they're awesome. This week I bought Reese's peanut butter wafer bars. I know they had york peppermint patty bars and something else. 100 calories and 11 grams of carbs. They're tiny, but good for a craving! Most 100 calorie packs I see have too many carbs. But this is perfect.

OK, thats it I guess. If its not raining tomorrow we're going to a baseball game, the local college summer league. They were supposed to be away, but the place in iowa they were going to play is flooded. So they're at home and they have special ticket prices tomorrow. I really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Ask me how you can train for an endurance event and help cure blood cancers! www.teamintraining.org

Even though my first half marathon is done, I'm still training. Follow me on my journey: www.jessica-teamintraining.blogspot.com

Message was edited by: jessd0320

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

My parents are in Forest Grove which is a little west of Portland.  We Normally visit every other Christmas and 2008 would have been an Oregon Christmas.  But my parents decided they wanted us all to fly to West Virginia to visit my grandmother instead.  I really want to visit, but its tough to get time off work!

Next time I visit I would love to plan a get together!  Though right now I do not know when that will be. :)

-Janice 

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 8:37 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Weight: 142, Points: 22!!! My best week yet!

I missed points for sex and eating more than I should once this week. Other than that I did great, worked out every day!!! Some days I did easier workouts some days harder, so I think that's good. I'm really pushing to get my arms toned for the wedding. I'm getting bridal portraits done this weekend so hopefully I can ramp it up a little bit!!! 

Janice, Faith's crib is going to be sooo cute! I hope when I get pregnant that my FH is as excited as yours. You guys are adorable.

Jess, you continue to amaze me with your motivation to run. I really have to push myself to put a workout video in!

FH moved to Memphis yesterday. It's just me and our younger puppy left in Indiana. I'm planning on moving either June 27th or 30th. I hate dealing with moving out of an apartment. My mom said she will probably drive down from Pittsburgh to help me with it. I just hate calling and canceling all the utilities. We are throwing away a couch and I need to call the trash people and see if they will pick it up. We set it outside on Saturday with a "FREE" sign on it, but no one took it. Oh well, hopefully getting the trash people to do it won't cost an arm and a leg. We'll see.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine