Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!

Online Users: 1,343 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8,933

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!
Posted: Aug 2, 2006 9:38 AM

Hi everyone. OK... I never had a weight problem as a kid. Then in and after college I went through some traumatic crap and gained a LOT of weight over years time. Like 100 pounds. At one point I was a little over 300, my absolute worst point. For the past couple of years I have really been getting more serious about losing it for good. I want to be healthy for my life, but my upcoming wedding has of course been my motivation. Its gotten me to DO something about it finally. I joined a Gym 2 months ago and right now I am at about 265. Still very overweight and not expecting miracles in 3 months. But right now I'm inspired. I have never said that number to ANYONE out loud, but for some reason I feel more comfortable typing out my weight here. I am looking for other girls who are in the same boat as me and want to talk and inspire each other on here. Anyone is welcome of course, but Im especially interested in those brides who, like me, have a real weight issue and need to lose quite a lot to get healthy again. Id love to hear from you. Im 34, I live in NJ, and my wedding is on Long Island. Im so excited for it. I just feel like talking to other women in my position will really help all of us get through this!!!
Kelley Lynn:)

BrideMoo Posts : 20 Registered: 6/16/06
Re: Overweight but Inspired.......pls Join me!!!
Posted: Aug 3, 2006 11:52 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hello!  I too have been miserable with my weight and want to get healthy - my nickname is "Moo!"  I started working out at home with a video specifically for brides, who are not necessarily as heavy as me, but the models in the video are REAL women and not twigs!  I bought it at www.fitforawedding.com and love the workout!  Thank you for sharing your inspiration! 

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:44 PM Go to message in response to: BrideMoo

Awesome! Ill check out that video... I dont know about you, but I need constant motivation to keep myself going. For example, I really dont want to go to the Gym tonight because its too frikkin hot here and I cant take it anymore. Im in NY and its like 100degrees this week, I have no energy. Dont feel like gettin in a hot car.... yuck... but overall Ive been good. Trying to go 5x a week. How are you doing so far with the video? Have you lost?

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I need to be inspired!  My FH and I are on a diet but we stopped this weekend when my family came to town (eek!)  I need to get motivated again... and I need to REALLY get motivated to go to the gym.  I don't know, maybe I'm in denial, but my wedding is in two months and I REALLY want to lose (at least) 15 pounds by then.  It's definitely possible if I lose 2lbs a week, but I just don't see it happening.  What kinds of diets are you guys on?  When is your wedding, kelleylynn?

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i would love to inspire and be inspired. congrats to the fact that you lost so much weight!!! i am 234 from 250. i want to be 150 by next september. im pretty sure it wont happen. in the meantime, im hungry all the time and hate it..

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love this topic and would love to join all of you for support.  I am currently 242.  I started Weight Watchers in mid-June and to date have lost almost 20 lbs.  The weight loss has been very slow for some reason, even though I am following the diet to the "t" and working out like a maniac. 

My wedding is on October 14th and it is only 10 weeks away as of tomorrow.  I plan to work very hard the next 10 weeks and lose 25+ more lbs.  I wish I had started earlier to focus, but I guess some weight is better than none, right?

Good luck to everyone!

Posted: Aug 5, 2006 5:04 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hi Guys!!!  I am 25 and am trying to lose 60 pounds by next June! After starting weight watchers 5 weeks ago I've dropped 14 pounds!!  I'm finally getting and staying inspired!  :)  I'm one of those people who needs instant gratification.  If I don't see a difference I lose motivation.  So I've been setting small goals for myself and I find that it has helped me stay inspired to keep working to reach my goal!! 

I am also traveling to spend the holidays with my fiance's family in Palm Springs this year and I really want to be at least 1/2 way to my goal by then :) 

I look forward to chatting with all of you to share our ups and downs of losing big!! :)

Posted: Aug 6, 2006 11:45 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

YAy! Im so happy people are responding to this post... It really helps me to have some sort of support system, esp. from other girls who need to lose more than just 5 pounds, ya know? My wedding date is Oct 27th, and Im trying to kick the gym workouts into high gear now. Stop making excuses, etc. Ive been averaging 4 to 5 nights per week, but I want to make it 5 to 6 nights per week and not get lazy or too uninspired, which happens esily with me. A lot of you seem to be doing Weight Watchers, do you feel it is a good program? And if so, do you go to the meetings as well? I havent done it yet... but I joined a Gym where they give you a personal trainer free with membership for the first month (or 5 sessions)... so she has been helpful in keeping me going. She pushes me so much that i HATE her lol. I know this sounds so shallow and superficial, but I just dont wanna look like a FAT bride ya know? I hope I lose enough to where I just dont look like a huge sac in my dress ....

Lets all keep writing and inspiring each other on here, it really helps!! We can share any healthy recipes, tips, or whatever is working and not working for you guys. :)

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 1:21 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Don't let the profile image fool ya, mama has put on some around the middle over the last couple of years!!! (we'll blame it on school) I am SO SO SO motivated to lose 25lbs by December.

I have my dress, but there are parts of me that ooze over the top of the bodice that I know I will regret not remedying 25 years from now when I look through those pictures.  I desperately want to have to pay a ton at alteration time bc it needs to be taken in so much --- it's money i'd GLADLY pay!

I would love to be a part of this group!  

6 months to go!

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i lost loads of weight last winter .. by may h2b proposed summer started .. and loads of gathering and parties happened .. I put it all back on! bloody hell!!!!!

I'm new to this, but i'm getting married in april 07 and need to slim down and look good! need all the motivation i can get!

- just did a 30minute dvd workout - loads of squats and jumping around a start .. :)

BrideMoo Posts : 20 Registered: 6/16/06
Posted: Aug 8, 2006 9:11 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

It's about the same, here in St. Louis, too!  It's disgusting!  I have lost about 50 pounds since I started working out with this video in late May!  I have been really good about doing it every day or every other day.  Another big part has been portion control.  I used to never no when to stop, but now I count out the number of Cheez-Its per serving and put the box away.  The weather is so unmotivating, but this summer I have been rewarding myself with Minute Maid frozen fruit juice bars.  They are so yummy and refreshing after your workout. 

Posted: Aug 8, 2006 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: BrideMoo

Mmmm the fruit juice Bars sound yummy. Ill have to pick some of those up. I know, i hate the hot weather...humidity... once I GET to the gym, im fine. Its just the whole process of GOING after work, Im always so tired, dont feel like it, etc. But I have been good. The best is when you FINALLY start to feel a difference. Just last week people at work were like "are you losing weight? You can really tell." And that always keeps me motivated. Im trying not to try on any clothes or weight myself for awhile, becuse that always depresses me and makes me feel like its too overwhelming. girls...share whats workin for you or whatever else you wanna share......

Posted: Aug 8, 2006 2:50 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Good Bye 200's!!!  I lost 2.5 pounds at this weeks weigh in and am finally below the 200 lb mark!! :)  WOO HOO!!  Sorry girls I just had to share! I'm so excited!!  

I find that I get more and more motivated when I reach milestones :)

Posted: Aug 8, 2006 6:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

THATS AWESOME!!!! Can I get a Woo-hoo??? lol I will literally fall down on the floor and rejoice when I finally reach the "under 200" mark. Keep it up!!! And speaking of goals...

I gotta get the heck off this site and GET TO THE GYM before I lose the motivation. Ive been sitting here in my workout clothes for an hour.... posting on this site!!! Keep sharing everyone. Ill write more later.:)

Posted: Aug 10, 2006 8:10 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Well the latest update is that I have the good ole "monthly friend"... sorry to be gross.... but I HATE going to the Gym during this. Im in so much pain, cramps, headache, and just generally feel like crap. I always hear how much BETTER youll feel after you work out during this time. Its CRAP! lol. I went last night and when I got back I thought I would faint. I get really hot during that time... so my fiance thought I was nuts because I kept saying "god its so hot in here" when it wasnt at all. Im here to admit that I HATE working out!!!! Hate it. I do it cuz it works, but man do I hate it. Anyone with me here? lol

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine