Well hubby and I will be renewing our vows in 2009. I am starting the planning b/c with 3 kids I need all the spare time I can get. My main question right now is chooseing a location. Last year we moved from NJ to ME. A large percent about 75% of our guests live in NJ with the other 25% spread throughout different states. S where do we hold our renewal. ME where we live our NJ where the majority of guests live.
Thanks in advance. If you like check out my profile ( I think I did it right)
Congrats. You do have lots of time to plan. I'd suggest spending the next several months to a year gathering ideas--make yourself a nice folder or some other system to gather pictures that you like, menus, business cards from bands or DJ's or florists that you run across in your travels. Start listening to word of mouth from family and friends about affairs that they have attended, caterers, etc. But DON'T commit to anything yet--you have plenty of time and, believe me, you will change your mind about things over the next three years. If you want to reserve a venue for ceremony and/or reception, most places will not even take reservations this far ahead. What you can do is research prices--but again, know that they will change over this amount of time. As for location, again, I'd suggest waiting to decide. Doing it where you live now will make it much easier for you, if not your NJ guests. And, in three years, you'll probably have a lot more friends in ME than you do now. On the other hand, if people who are important to you will be unable to travel, you might decide on NJ. So, give yourself time to do the research on both places. You can make your final decisions about a year out and still have plenty of time to accomplish what you want to do. I have a huge photo library and am happy to send personalized pictures of ideas that you might want.
thanks so much all. I am already starting a file on my computer of all the things I like and I am finding that alot of it is beachy stuff/ ren faire stuff so I have 3 years ti narrow it down. I think you all are right not worry about the site just yet. But I will still be coming here and snagging any great ideas I see