How did he propose?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32
Re: How did he propose?
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 10:56 PM Go to message in response to: JoeRissa

My now fiance just officially proposed last week. It was so sweet. We had been planning the wedding but we hadn't got officially engaged. So Saturday he said we were going to do something special. We went to the Frist Art Museum where they have a great Egyptian artifacts. Then we went to Shoguns Japanese Restaurant(my favorite) the chefs were amazing. They fix the food right in front of you and do tricks like light their hands on fire and do volcanoes out of onions and through eggs in the air, after that we went PF Changs because they have the best chocolate cake ever. At PF changs he told me that he thought we could go to the park and walk around and maybe sit and look at the stars and that afterwards his mom wanted us to come over because she something I needed for planning the wedding. So we get to the park and we set out a blanket under some trees and lay down and look up at the sky. Then he leans over and starts telling me how I am beautiful and that he loves me more than anything in the world and how he can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together. I told him I loved him too and that I couldn't wait either.(up to this point I was clueless still to what was going on) then he asked me to stand up(I was thinking "Why????") but I did and then he said "I have a question to ask you." then I finally got what was going on and started tearing up a little, then he said "Tiffany, I love you more than anything, will you marry me?" I said yes, of course and then we laid under the trees and stars for a little while just enjoying the moment. He also had these little M&M's that said Tiffany, Marry Me? in purple and white because those are my favorite colors. It was a moment I will never forget and I love him so much. He isn't always the most romantic guy out there but he tries and he definitly suceeded that night. I am lucky to have met him.
MayBride050507http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10716;6/st/20070505/e/Wedding/dt/-1/k/a642/event.png">>

Posted: Aug 29, 2006 11:19 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

It was 9-23-05.  I had had a very rough month before.  My grandmother on my father's side had passed away on August 16th, and then my grandmother on my mother's side passed away on September 17th.  So he knew I needed cheering up.  He called me up at work, and asked me if I had any plans for lunch.  I told him I didn't; so he said good, keep it that way, and I will come up and take you out to lunch.  He came up with a picnic basket, and we had a picnic at a local park in a gazebo.  After we got done eating, he brought the basket back to his car, and he went to get something out of the trunk, but he asked me to turn around so I couldn't see what it was.  He lead me over to a bridge over a little stream, that is when he handed me a bouquet of roses.  At first, I didn't see the ring around the bouquet, and then the sun hit it just right, and I immediately started crying.  He asked me if I would share the rest of his life with him.  All I could do was give him a hug.  I didn't even answer him.  He finally pulled me back, and looked me in the eye, and said "Is that a yes?"  I just shook my head, and then he took the ring off the ribbon, and placed it on my finger.  It was so romantic!  Then he brought me back to work, and I couldn't stop staring at it for the rest of the day.

9-16-06 Bride!

49ersfanatic Posts : 581 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 10:39 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hidden Treasure... During the summer of 05 Mark and I took a vacation with his family to Florida (St. Pete Beach/Tampa). The second day we were there Mark and I decided to go snorkeling. I decided to go off and chase a crab under water and Mark was doing his own thing. Finally I gave up chasing the crab and decide to go where Mark was standing. I look down under the water and saw what looked to be a treasure chest buried deep under the sand. I said to Mark 'Honey what do you think that is?' He said to me, 'I don't know why don't you pick it up and find out.' My reply to him, 'No because then I'm going to get water down my snorkel.'  So he said to me 'well just take it off and hold your breath.' So I said fine and went uder the water to dig out the object. It turns out it was a treasure chest so I was inspecting it and I saw these gold chocolate coins inside. I turned it over and saw the chocolate nutritional information and thought 'great this is just a piece of garbage that someone tossed in the water. So then I look further into the treasure chest and saw a small red box, which I think said the name of the jewelers. So I asked Mark again what he thought was going to be in it and he again said why don't you open it and find out. So now I'm getting impatient and think great there is going to be a bunch of melted chocolate and ocean water pouring out. Well I open the box and I see a ring. I take out the ring and hold it in my right hand with the treasure chest still in my left hand. at this point Mark asks me 'Will you marry me?' But my response to him was 'Honey do you think this is a real ring that someone would just toss in the water like this?' At this point he was getting a little mad. So then he asks me to marry him again and that's when I catch on that the ring was meant for me.

It totally went over my head and I really had no clue. Mark was starting to get a little annoyed with me, which made it all the more romantic. I was completely surprised and in shock because I was not expecting it.  What better hidden treasure to find than a diamond ring.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine