How did he propose?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32
How did he propose?
Posted: Jul 28, 2006 11:51 PM

I am just being curious here. I'll start. Last summer on our bike trip, we went to St. louis to 6 Flags with 2 of our friends. When we got there, everyone wanted to ride the ferris wheel. Except me- i'm terrified of the ferris wheel. After everyone begged me to go, I finally gave in. We started going and I was freaking out. Then one of the guys that went pulled out the camera and started recording things. When I opened my eyes at the top, there was Roudy down on one knee. i was so surprised I couldn't even say yes. I have to say, though, that definitely took my mine off being afraid of being so high up. I never actually said yes until we got back to our hotel room. That's also when I got my "real" ring. Now I think every time we go to 6 Flags I am going to want to ride the ferris wheel again, no matter how high it is.

Ok, your turn ladies....

Soon 2Be Mrs. Patton

NatSeptBride Posts : 888 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: How did he propose?
Posted: Jul 29, 2006 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's so sweet!! My fh proposed to me on March 26, 2005.  We were celebrating Easter with our famalies that weekend and decided we wanted to give eachother something small as a gift.. So I gave him his gift(a buttload of chocolate) and he asked me to sit down, then proceeded to hand me a build a bear box.. I was so excited, I love teddy bears, and I had wanted one since we'd made them for my nieces and nephews for Christmas... Anyway I took it out of the box and it was holding a little bouquet of roses, and a heart that says I LOVE YOU, he told me to push it's paw, when I did he had done a recording that said," Natalie I love you with all my heart, so I have to ask will you marry me?"  I looked over at him and he was holding the ring, and I said," ARE YOU SERIOUS???" Both our famalies started to laugh, and then of course I said yes and started to cry!!! 

So I have the bear with his voice recording in it forever, and for my bridal showers my sister got me a bride build a bear, and a groom build a bear! 

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 9:39 AM Go to message in response to: NatSeptBride

OHHHHHHHH, you girls have such sweet guys!  Last year, on my birthday, my guy took me to a cute little restaurant, at dessert he told me that he loved me for the first time.  I wanted to go there again this year.  When I called to make reservations I was told that they were closed for a private party. (should have been a big ole hint) I was soooo bummed.  My honey said he had another place he wanted to take me. When my birthday arrived, he took me to THAT restaurant - HE had rented the whole place!  My whole family and his were all there.  I thought it was a birthday party, until dessert arrived - they brought out the cake and there on the top was "will you marry me?" and my ring.  I bawled like a baby! lol  My guy dropped to one knee and took my hand and asked me.  My kids (17 and 13) started this chant "SAY YES, SAY YES" - it was amazing.  Later that night my fsils both told me that they had NO CLUE Vic had any romance of any sort in him - LOL

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 9:50 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Valentines Day 2004 - in the store where he bought the ring - and I didn't think he bought it till the lady told me so!!  (it's even worse because it was on my credit)

JosesGirl Posts : 582 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 29, 2006 12:04 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Awww I love these stories!

Last September, we went down around Miami (Deerfield Beach) to visit his family (they've moved back to Puerto Rico since) for a week. I knew it was coming...I saw him pack the ring before we left! Our 2nd day there (Monday), we all went down to a BEAUTIFUL beach and his sister mentioned how it would be a nice romantic spot for Jose to take me to alone one night. I knew that was going to be the place. So Wednesday (9-14-05)comes around and we went down to Miami Beach and I ended up feeling soooo sick. I had eaten something that didn't agree with me. I was vomiting and had a terrible migraine, so we went back to the house and I slept the day away. I woke up around 8pm feeling better and Jose asked if I wanted to eat something. So we went out to dinner alone and then we went down to the beautiful little beach. I was smiling from ear to ear, but I tried not to let him know that I knew what was gonna happen. We walked along the shore barefoot and talked. We stopped to sit down and he sat down behind me, held me, and kissed my neck....then he said "You know, I've been through a lot of bad stuff in my life, but if I had to do it all over again to be with you, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. You went from being a coworker, to my friend, to my best friend, to the love of my life...and I want to keep it that way. Sarah, will you marry me?" Even though I knew it was coming, I was bawling like a crazy woman. I shook my head yes and we sat there on the beach kissing for what had to be an hour. Then we went to a little bar on the beach and had a few drinks together and I called my mom and MOH (both of whom also knew it was coming). When we got back to his sister's house, they were waiting up and asked "Well?" I showed them my ring and everyone hugged us. I told the kids "I'm gonna be your aunt!" Their response "Yeah, we knew since you guys got down here." So no one was surprised about it, but I wouldn't change a thing!

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My husband proposed to me on April 9, 2004 (Good Friday).  I was working as a Sales Manager at a hotel at the time, and I was wrapping things up for the day.  Around 4:15 that afternoon, one of my colleagues came to my office telling me that there's a last minute VIP checking in at 6PM, and he's from one of my Corporate Accounts.  She said the VIP's admin called to ask to make sure we personally check the room before he checks in.  So I went up to the room with my colleague and the first thing I noticed was that the sliding door to the Balcony was opened.  I asked my colleague if she was sure the room was vacant.  She said it was showing vacant in the system, but that maybe I should check the balcony just in case, while she checks the bathroom and the closets.  So I headed out the Balcony (which overlooks the pool area of the hotel), the minute I stepped out the sliding door, I heard voices from the pool area.  I looked down and there were a lot of people standing by the pool and my co-workers were un-rolling this long stretch of white banner.  When the whole banner was unrolled, it read, "I (heart) YOU LEAH!  WILL YOU MARRY ME?".  I totally was shocked and excited all at once, I started to turn back towards the room and calling my colleague to tell her.  But by the time I turned around, my now-husband was right there, down on one knee with my ring and a big bouquet of red roses.  Of course, I started crying tears of joy and excitement and surprise...then I heard the voices of people by the poolside calling out - "So what's the answer?!"  I yelled out, "YES!" and they released over 250 red and white balloons.  We were greeted by whole lot of cheers and greetings by the time we got downstairs.

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 6:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love reading this stuff. I totally screwed things up for fh. He told me later how he had this whole kinda speech lined up, but I guess he got nervous and forgot it all. All he got out was will you marry me. The poor guy didn't even get to put the ring on me. i took it from him. Embarassed He got to make up for it later at the hotel when I got my real ring. The one he gave me on the ferris wheel was a cheapy in case he accidentally dropped it or if it got lost or so,ething. He had the thing tied onto a string in his shorts. That ring was also a little big for my finger. The real ring fits my  finger perfectly. I am so happy we have that video. When we got back from the trip, we went over to my mom's and we showed them the video. Everytime I see it, I start smiling and I want to cry all over again.

i kinda wondered before we left if he was going to propose. Usually whenever we go, i am always the one who has to take Heather over to grandma's house. When I was just about to leave, he jumped in there and was like, no. I want to take her. Even though I kinda wondered about it, it was still a surprise. ok, enough of my ramblings. Go on with your stories, girls.

Soon 2Be Mrs. Patton

Message was edited by Nightflyerswmn on Jul 29, 2006 6:51 PM

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Great stories!

Here is our "full circle" coming together. I moved up to VT in June 2005 where he lived. The intention was to get married but there was no engagement at that point. We were seeing how things would work out. For me, it did not work out. I had left a job I loved, family, sunshine, etc and was very unhappy so I told him in November that I was moving back to Tampa. He knew things were not right and felt like he couldn't do anything to make me stay so he didn't. For a few days. I wasn't going to be moving back until December so we were gearing up for an awkward month.

A few days later I came home and he wasn't there. It was hours and I was getting worried - I still cared about the guy. Finally he came home. Then he just started crying. I had never seen him cry before. And it was the really really hard, ugly crying. He said that he was at work and had to leave at 10AM because he was so upset that I was leaving so he went to his mom's and cried for hours. Now believe me when I tell you he is no girly man so I was so unprepared. So we talked and talked and decided that we would still work on the relationship even though I was moving back. We didn't really know where things were going but we were willing to try. The day I drove back home, he was again really upset and followed me to the gas station and then to the interstate. He couldn't say goodbye. Ugh that was so hard. Back in Tampa, I was miserable. I was crying at the grocery store because I had missed shopping with him as silly as that sounds. My mom suggested that we invite him down for Christmas which was only a week away. So we did and he came down. It was for the best. We had a beautiful talk on the beach and he told him he would do everything he could to be with me and was planning to move to Tampa to be with me forever. I was shocked - in a good way. :) So in February he called my parents to ask permission to marry. My dad said, "you are 45, she is 34, you hardly need our permission but it sounds good." (lol thanks Dad).

I was planning to see him for a week in March and was really expecting to get officially engaged then. I knew he did not have a ring ready (finances) but that didn't matter. So I am up in Vermont for a week and nothing. I mean we had a great time but I was getting pretty bitchy towards the end of the week. Had I misjudged all of this? Surely he wouldn't back down after calling my parents? I felt like we were in 2 or 3 really great engagement places but nothing. I felt like a fraud heading back to the airport. I was taking my cat home so I was dealing with a scared cat going on his first plane trip. We had a few minutes before my flight so we sat around in the Burlington Airport. I'm trying to be composed but I was so pissed. Next thing I know, he is proposing. I freaked out. I couldn't stop crying. I said "oh my God I thought you didn't want to marry me." He said, "no you silly I just had to find the right time to surprise you." Well he did surprise me! We only had 10 more minutes and then off to the plane but wow what a surprise. :) He came down in May and we got the "official" engagement ring - he had given me his high school class ring until then, and the wedding is in October. :)

Thanks for a great thread idea. It's making me all sappy just typing. :) 

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG!! That was a great story. How sweet.

Soon 2Be Mrs. Patton

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My aunt and uncle had just moved back from Baytown, TX (southern part) after living there for a year. We live in northeastern Texas and they bought a house so my family was already over there helping paint and get everything fixed in their house. Chris and I were the only ones at my house and I was putting my makeup on (yeah, to go paint!! haha) Well I went into the bathroom for something and when I came back to the living room, Chris was on one knee with the ring in his hand and asked me to marry him. With tears in my eyes, I said YES! It was a simple proposal but I loved it.

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Jul 29, 2006 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

It was Homecoming Weekend at West Virginia University.  That Sunday , October 16th, Jon and I went to Copper's Rock a state park outside of Morgantown to "see the leaves".  We were getting pictures with my camera.  I thought it was weird because his camera is alot better then mine.  A very nice couple came over an took our picture for us.  A few minutes later he said "let's get one with mine" and pulled outt he ring.  He got down on his knee and asked me to marry him.  I was so shocked I could barely get "yes" out.  He put the ring on my fingure and we hugged and kissed.  We went back to our friend's apartment.  Of course everyone knew what he was up to.  A few hours later I had to drive back to Erie where I told my parents, who already knew.  The whole weekend was wonderful.  WVU beat Louisville in a huge comeback, we got to see a lot of old friends, and we got engaged.   I guess I should have seen it comeing.  I kept saying how Copper's Rock would be a great place to purpose.  

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH proposed to me when we were about to go out to dinner for my birthday July 10th. We were about to leave out the door until he said " Oh I forgot something". So I was waiting for him to Come back so we could go and I went to check my make-up in the mirror, I didnt see him get on his knee. I turn around and there he was on his knee holding open the ring box saying "Danielle will you marry me"? I freaked out and started crying like a baby... DUH!! I said yes. I wouldnt be on Brides.com if I didnt. lol..

The Future Mrs. Zepeda

Posted: Jul 30, 2006 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Jason purposed in octobert 2002. While  was at work he went to my parents house and asked for my hand in marriage. When I got home he was there we were going to dinner then a halloween party. When we got in his car he told me to close my eyes, then he put the ring on my finger, I wouldn't open my eyes for a minute then when I did I had asked him if he was sure he wanted to. After I said yes I had to run back inside and tell my parents, where my mom already had 3 bridal magazines waiting for me to look at.

Posted: Aug 1, 2006 2:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Tim proposed April 20th, 2006!  We both had the day off together, and when we woke up he said he some errands to do.  We never do anything apart so I told him to wait and I would get ready.  He said, just go lay out by the pool and I will be back in a couple hours.  So at that moment, I suspected something, because we never are apart if we don't have to be.  So I went and layed by the pool and then he called me and said to wait outside when he got home.  Then he came and got me and took me into our bedroom where he bought roses, candles, and balloons which completely covered the room.  I immediately started crying, and so did he, he got down on one knee and asked, I kind of wish I wasn't crying so i could of saw him, my eyes were so blurred I didn't see him get down on one knee!  I didn't say anything I just hugged and kissed him and then I said YES!  We both hugged and kissed and then he took me out to lunch and started calling our family! It was the best day of my life!

Posted: Aug 1, 2006 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

Future Mrs. Perry--I am from Fairmont, West Virginia!  I didn't go to WVU but I have been to Cooper's Rock several times--what a great spot for a proposal!  Oh, and I am also a WVU football fan.  What a game that was!  (What a season, really!  Who knew a Big East team would finish 4th in the rankings?  I live in Atlanta and my FH and I got to go to the Sugar Bowl, which was also awesome, except not for him since he's a Georgia fan. Wink  But he was a good sport at the game!)

My proposal story...on July 4th, 2005, he planned a trip up to Lake Lanier, just about an hour's drive from Atlanta, for the two of us.  We spent the afternoon hanging out at the pool and the lake, then we had a nice steak dinner.  We were hoping to see the fireworks after dinner, but unfortunately it started raining before dark.  We went back into our hotel room, hoping that the rain would pass.  We sat on our balcony to watch the thunderstorm, and Rob was rubbing my feet and telling me over and over how much he loved me.  He's a super sweet guy, but not normally that sappy, so I started to think it was an odd situation, but it never occurred to me that he was about to propose!  Also, he rubbed the same spot on my foot for about ten minutes...I guess he was getting nervous!  His plan was to propose after the fireworks, but when it was still raining at 10 pm he had to go to plan B.  He asked me if I wanted to go for a walk before bed, and I told him that sounded like a terrible idea--it was raining outside and I was comfortable in our room!  Finally he was able to convince me to go for a walk with him.  We just walked along the lake for a few minutes, then we came up to a little hut by the shore.  He led me into the hut and started talking about how he loves me more every day, and I was thinking that this was pretty out of character for him!  It wasn't until then that I realized what was going on!  He got down on one knee; he had a whole speech prepared, but he got flustered and could only muster "will you marry me?"  I was so surprised that I didn't even cry--the first thing I said was "Are you serious?"  (I know, I'm such a goof sometimes!)  He said, "Of course I'm serious, now put on the ring!"  It turned out that when we were visiting my parents the previous week, he had gone to have a couple drinks with my dad (that's what they generally do together, lol) and ask for my hand in marriage.  Everyone in my family knew about the proposal except my mom (because she can't keep a secret!) and me!  It was the perfect proposal, just what I'd dreamed of.  I had previously warned him that if my name showed up on the Jumbo-Tron at Turner Field, I would not be a happy girl!  It was so sweet and personal and wonderful :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine