Before you were engaged...

Online Users: 1,283 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24
Re: Before you were engaged...
Posted: Jul 28, 2006 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

We were dating for a year and I just knew.

His brother's wedding, he was the best man. He was doing his speach and I just felt so overwhelmed. I loved him, of course, but we've never expressed that to each other. We were only dating for 4 months at the time.

I told him I loved him that night, and he expressed that he's been waiting to tell me. He said there were so many times he just wanted to blurt it out, but didn't want to ruin anything. Because our relationship was so good.

We dated for a year, and I knew. He's older than me, he's ready to settle down. I am too, but I love the fact that I've never felt the same way about anyone before. I've loved other people, and have felt extrmely deeply for some, but never like this.

He is the reason I wake up in the morning.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My husband and I were dating for almost 7 years before we got engaged.  Three years into the relationship he bought me a promise ring, and the following year we bought our first house.  I knew we'd get married someday...but it would take a while.  But I did kinda gave him some "guidelines" of when the time comes Wink - like how I'd like my ring to look like, how much time I'd like for us to be engaged before we get married, etc.

Honestly though, marriage was something I never thought I'd ever do.  I was so into my career and just being single...at least until I met him Tongue out.  I know it sounds corny - but I guess it's true what they say that when the right person comes along, you'll just know.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 10:58 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

I am the youngest of 5 girls.  My next sister is 7 years older than I, the others were 10, 14 and 17 when I was born.  My oldest sister married when I was 6.  She was, to my mind, the most beautiful bride in the world and I was completely bride obsessed for a few months, but I haven't really pictured my own wedding.  I have been engaged since last Sunday, but I have been to the DIY section of our local craft store and I am getting things lined up.

Posted: Aug 3, 2006 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

Though my FH and I are not officially engaged (yet!) we have made plans to get officially engaged once his enlistment in the Army is up.  I have been doing informal "planning" since we had the marriage discussion.  We're planning to get engaged next summer and then have a March wedding in 2008.  I want to have quite a few DIY projects, so I figure its better to start getting ready!!

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 2:56 AM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

I had an assignment in high school to plan a wedding with a budget of 10K. That was the only time I thought about wedding stuff until my hubby and I were engaged. (BTW, I didn't use any of the planning I had done in HS, if that's any surprise!)

Posted: Aug 4, 2006 3:51 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

I'm like you. I'm not engaged yet, but we know we're going to get married. We're savings, planning (as far as looking at options, colors, decor, and such) nothin is final because there's no ring on this finger yet. We're living together, love each other, share EVERYTHING, and we're perfect, we'll get married sooner or later. I've shown him my ideas and what I like and he's done the same. THe knot.com is a great site. I gave him the password and such and let him look around and add stuff he likes. Its a lot of fun. He just turned 24 and I'll be 21 in sept!
Soon To Be Bride!

Posted: Aug 5, 2006 12:16 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm not engaged yet, but lately I have found myself thinking about basic stuff like colors and a dress...maybe flowers. This is after my bf and I went ring shopping. Before that happened, I'd go through stages where I'd pre-plan, but then I figured I was jinxing myself and forced myself to quit. Only when we shopped did I allow myself to dream a little. I still don't get too into it though because my finger is still unadorned and until then, nothing's guaranteed. Bf and I have been together 4.5 years BTW.

Posted: Aug 5, 2006 12:41 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

i thought abut it as a kid evertime i watched sound of music....but other then that i would give it minor thoughts every once in awhile while i was in highschool, college and as i dated husband.  as freinds and relatives got married i would look through their bridal magazines and make mental notes of what i liked and didn't like...however i didn't actually start planning anything until we were engaged.

Posted: Aug 5, 2006 1:20 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I realized while starting to plan my wedding, I never had a dream wedding from when I was little, which surprises me cause when I was little, I lived in my fantasy world cause things weren't great. My Bestfriend was suppose to get married in Dec 05, and I started helping her plan her wedding, and while doing so, I looked at things I would like for my wedding. Even though, everything I looked at than I'm not using.

Posted: Aug 7, 2006 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

My FH and I were together for about a month when the issue of getting married came up.  Before I met him I never wanted to get married so I didn't even have a clue about what I would want.  Four months into our relationship we were engaged.  Before we were engaged we already picked out our date and location.  The rest fell into place extremely easily after that.  We are getting married on 7.7.07 and have had so much fun planning!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine