to the not quite "brides"

Online Users: 1,332 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 22
to the not quite "brides"
Posted: Jul 11, 2006 9:34 PM

if he hasn't asked you to marry him, you are not engaged. period. ring or no ring. why not actually live your lives and enjoy your mans company, rather than obsess and preoccupy yourself with the "whens it going to happen??"

you live life once and youre not living life if all your doing is obsessing about the future. if you were bugging the hell out of me for a ring, i sure as hell wouldnt ask you! man, thats got to be annoying!

grow up, realize theres a marriage after the ring and focus on your life now as it is. all youre doing by obsessing is missing out on your reality

Crackkalakkin!!

Re: to the not quite "brides"
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 8:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well... that probably depends on the situation.  My FH did not ask me to marry him, and he hasn't given me a ring.  He has however told his parents he's getting married, we have opened a bank account to save money, he's come with me to 4 reception sites and looking into honeymoon stuff.  You don't need to be proposed to get engaged.  I'll agree, if a girl is hounding for a ring, and proposal and the guy says "one day", you shouldn't be planning a wedding.  I don't see that here on this board too much, mostly it's girls who haven't been made OFFICIAL but the guy has shown signs of being serious (visiting reception halls or whatever). 

On November 2, 2007 I marry my love!!

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

However, it doesn't hurt to start checking prices, and to know the reality of the financial situation.  We are paying for this ourselves, no parents to help out.  And I must say I had a minor heart attack when I found out all the costs of putting together a wedding.  So if you can go into planning and being forewarned to what to expect, it'll help.  And yes, I do have my ring now and we're set up for 10-24-06.

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Jul 12, 2006 11:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Just because you are not engaged yet, doesn't mean you can't start thinking about your wedding day.  You can start saving, get dress and theme ideas, along with location.  I know I started getting ideas about a year- 6 months before we got engaged.  Now that we are 11 months away, I'm happy I did!

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

To me, I think that even if it's "not official," but your guy and you have been talking about getting married, I would call you engaged.  The ring is just an extra factor, and the question will "officially" come when he's ready, but if your planning, getting prices, and talking about it, I say that you are getting married.  I don't know, it's just my opinion.

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Why start this post? I mean I knew that my FH and I were getting married before he actually proposed. I went on a few websites to start looking at things, to get advice on some stuff ,and I think that more than anything people who come to these boards are looking for one thing: understanding.

These boards are set up so we can help each other, not to criticize. I am glad for all the help I have gotten from everyone here and I hope I can help others, whether or not they have rings on their fingers.

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 6:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

That's pretty harsh isn't it?  FH & I have been together for nine years.  For the past five years, we've known we would be getting married.  We've known since then certain elements we would want at our wedding.  We would make comments all the time .... we want this at our wedding or after we get married.  It just makes the actual planning more fun and more relaxing because we knew before we were officially engaged what we wanted.

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 8:03 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree with alot of you... My FH and I have been together for 5 years. And we started talking about getting married way before he gave me a ring...
The Future Mrs. Zepeda

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 9:43 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was so wondering when some one was going to respond to this post. I read it last night, but didn't want to be the first one. Some people just want to start trouble, as if any of us girls with wedding brain need that!!!!!! Hell, I had my dress before it was " official" So ha.

Jen
Jen

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

this i think is a touchy post. my fiance is my 2nd fiance. i started looking at wedding stuff before engagement because i knew it would happen. on the other hand, when i was engaged the first time, it was a 7 year waste of time. i was engaged after the first year. i think it super depends on how the couple is and feels about marriage.

Posted: Jul 12, 2006 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

this i think is a touchy post. my fiance is my 2nd fiance. i started looking at wedding stuff before engagement because i knew it would happen. on the other hand, when i was engaged the first time, it was a 7 year waste of time. i was engaged after the first year. i think it super depends on how the couple is and feels about marriage.

LadyBugBride Posts : 533 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jul 13, 2006 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You only live life once and you're not living life if all you are doing is obsessing about who is on a site that you haven't bothered contributing to before this useless post. If you were bugging us (and it appears you are) with your judgmental attitude, we sure as hell wouldn't ask you for your support or opinions in our wedding planning (or provide our support to you). Trust us, it is annoying.

Grow up, realize that if you really are a bride and not some troll, your status does not make you any more special than those who are on this board and still in the dreaming stage.

Rich and Birgit are getting married . . .
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 8:07 AM Go to message in response to: LadyBugBride

Yes, this seems to me like a guy bugging us, so definitely we dont need his opinions for our wedding planning or anything.  I dont remember ever being asked "would you marry me", I did got a ring ...over the mail in a box, no proposal (very unromantic) but I am getting married in 45 days.  So your theory proved false.
www.glorimarcakes.com

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 8:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Are you talking about someone in specific? If so then I guess that is fine although I have had no run-ins with any not-quite-brides on here. Everyone is different and entitled to their own personal reasons for being on this site whatever that may be. Being a free forum you are going to get all types. I was never one to even think about my wedding until I had the ring but then again if I still didn't have it I might be thinking. It probably just depends on how old you are and where you are at in life. Of course the 15 year old who used to be on the site dreaming about Harry Potter - we would all agree that is annoying. But there are plenty of legit girls out there that know when he pops the question their guy isn't going to want a 2-year engagement so they are preparing early. I don't see any harm in it. 

-Finally a Newlywed!!

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I prefer to just ignore posts like these; they are only meant to stir up trouble.

Weather in Puerto Rico: Click for San Juan, Puerto Rico Forecast

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine