How did your H2B propose?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 31
How did your H2B propose?
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 9:09 AM

Hi there!

How did your hubby to be propose to you? Was it romantic? Did you propose to him?

My H2B took me up to London and proposed on the balcony of our 8th Floor bedroom over looking the River Thames, Big Ben and Tower bridge, it was soooooooo romantic,then we went for dinner and the theatre Smile

What is your ring like? Did your H2B choose it or did you choose it together?

Any pictures?

Re: How did your H2B propose?
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 2:11 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

My FH is an English lad too! Some might not think it romantic, but his proposal was romantic to me. You see, we have had a very long distance relationship for the past 4 years. I'm in California, he's in England. We've visited back and forth several times. Given the distance, we never called ourselves a couple, but enjoyed our romantic friendship knowing that it would eventually end when one or the other found someone close to home. I can't remember when I didn't love him, but I always figured that I loved him enough to want him to be happy and that I would be happy for him (and sad for me) when he did find his someone special.

Imagine my surprise and happiness when he told me that he loved me very much and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me in California. This was while we were cuddling on his first night of his last visit in December/January. He had endured a 10 hour flight with a 2 hour delay sitting in the plane, then another 2 hour ride from the airport to my home.

Our engagement will become "official" when I go to England to visit in October. He'll have my engagement ring for me. He says he's planning something special for when he presents the ring to me.  

Posted: Jul 3, 2006 7:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, my FH has been stationed in Alaska for a while now. He came home for hallowen last year for a visit. I guess he was planning this romantic proposal at the beach...because we were planning on going to the beach for sunrise at some point while he was there so I could take photos.  I kept putting it off though, (I like sleep!) and apparently he just didn't want to wait anymore. He woke me up one morning with the ring and asked me right there in bed.  It wasn't a surprise (well, it was supposed to be, but I had a pretty good hunch he was planning to propose during his time home), but I was still all tongue-tied. :)  Wasn't exactly the most romantic proposal (because every girl feels so beautiful when she first wakes up!), but it is sweet when you think that he just couldn't wait any longer, you know? :)  

Kimberly

Our Website
"I loved you before I met you and I met you just in time 'cause there was nothing left."   -Don't Change Your Plans, Ben Folds Five

Posted: Jul 3, 2006 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

In our kitchen! I know it isn't like out there or anything, but I loved it. It was special and I can remember every moment of it. He was going to do it the following day at a concert where my favorite band was playing, but he said he saw me standing there and he couldn't wait any longer!

It was the sweetest thing in the entire world. I called my parents, who he had asked for permission the day before, to tell them, and they were like "We thought he was gonna do it tomorrow!" LOL

As for the ring, I didn't want a diamond, so we decided on aquamarine. It's an oval stone with a white gold band and two diamonds on the sides.

Christmasbride06 Posts : 81 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 3, 2006 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Well, I'm from Alabama so I'm a country girl. We were at a Rascal Flatts concert..(my FAVORITE group by the way) and they have this song called "Bless the Broken Road" and if you haven't heard it, you need to!! It's a very special song to us and we're planning on either having our string quartet play it at the wedding or the reception..we haven't decided which one. Anyway, we were at the concert, which may not seem romantic but it was...the concert's been going on for a while and they finally start playing our song...I'm singing along and about halfway through the song he grabs my hand and sits me down. He looks really serious so I'm like "what's going on?!" Next thing I know, he's down on a knee and he's crying and all he can say is "Will you marry me?"...I said "Of course I'll marry you" and you hear all these people go "Awww!!" It was the most special night of my life, although it may sound redneckish, it wasn't at all! Here's the lyrics to the song if ya'll haven't heard it:

I set out on a narrow way many years ago. Hoping I would find true love along the broken road, but I got lost a time or two, wiped my brow and kept pushing through. I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you.

That every long lost dream led me to where you are. Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars pointing me on my way into your loving arms. This much I know is true, that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you.

I think about the years I spent just passing through. I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you. But you just smile and take my hand, you've been there, you understand. It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true.

MrsC Posts : 385 Registered: 4/7/06
Posted: Jul 4, 2006 6:57 PM Go to message in response to: Christmasbride06

Same here... Kinda!

FH and I have our song which is by the Beach Boys.  At their concert on February third, FH proposed when they started playing "Wouldn't it be nice?"  Laughing

www.ericandjodi.net

Posted: Jul 6, 2006 12:01 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

In front of 35 of our friends and family at my 30th birthday party last Saturday! Everyone knew it was coming because he asked my parents for permission and told a bunch of our friends, but no one knew everyone knew! He was sooo nervous and could barely talk, but it was adorable! I was surprised and cried my eyes out, along with everyone else! It was definitely a day I'll remember forever!

Posted: Jul 7, 2006 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

He didn't... we kind of drifted into it.  When I told my family, one of my cousins asks "When did you decide this?" and it was like... ummmm sometime between Christmas and now because we just evolved from "I love you.. you  might be the one" to "You are the one" to "One day" to "How about November of '07?"  I'm still waiting for my ring though which he promised by November of '06.

On November 3, 2007 I marry my love!!

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

:o) I wrote a poem about how my FH proposed.  It was on a Mtn in Northern Maine, USA.

On top of Mt Haystack, all covered with rocks
The hike up was hard, but we got to the top!
We had us a picnic, some food and a view
Then stood there, kissing and cooing like fools.

An old man and his family arrived on the scene,
His son, a niece, and a couple pre-teens.
They finally left, leaving us in peace
The old man, son, grandkids and niece.

Some kisses later, he took both my hands
looked deep in my eyes and started right in,
"You are my world. You're so smart and clever.
Would you be mine forever and ever?"

"Of course," I said, thinking this was the norm.
He smiled, I smiled... and then he changed form.
He sank to one knee for the first time in his life.
"Erika," he said, "Will you be my wife?"

Posted: Jul 13, 2006 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Im newly engaged. My FH proposed to me on my b-day right before we went to dinner...
The Future Mrs. Zepeda

Posted: Jul 14, 2006 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

On a chartered sailboat at the beach called Endless Summer.  It was the most perfect way for him to propose, as we are both beach bums.

The ring is a simple 1/2 carat solitaire, exactly what I told him I wanted.

BlushingBride03 Posts : 220 Registered: 7/15/06
Posted: Jul 16, 2006 1:54 AM Go to message in response to: Christmasbride06

christmasbride- that is me and my FH's song! we want to dance to it for our first dance :)

Christmasbride06 Posts : 81 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 17, 2006 8:17 PM Go to message in response to: BlushingBride03

Isn't it so beautiful!?! We haven't decided whether to have it in the wedding or at the reception as our dance.

Posted: Jul 18, 2006 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

My cousin and I went to look at rings one day because we both knew when nathan went, rachel had to go with him, so i wanted her to know what i liked. two days after i went with rae, she went with nathan to look and price things out. when they came back from their excursion, nathan was really upset and told me that it was going to take longer than he thought because everything he liked was really expensive. rae told me that nathan absolutely hated the emerald cut diamonds (my favorite) and refused to even look at them. i was bummed. about a week later nathan tells me we are going to dinner on friday ( we never make dinner plans, we just up and go, so this was fishy). then, on friday, he calls me at work and tells me to dress up, he wants to make a a fancy dinner (i always told him, i want to be dressed up because i'm going to remember it forever and i don't want to look like a bum, second red flag). When I got to his house (we both still live with our parents) he told me he didn't want me to drive, and he didn't want to take his dirty work truck, his dad had offered us his car for the night (may sound cheesy, but it was really nice not to have to drive for a change). before we pulled out of the driveway, he asked if i had my cell phone (i told him not to expect any romantic lingering when he proposed because i was running staight to a phone to call rae and my parents, red flag!) he told me we were going to dinner at the restraunt we went to on our first date (red flag) but, he worked outside in the woods earlier that day and wanted to detour to a beach we always go to to watch the sunset (not quiet a red flag, but definately a hmmmm.....) we got there and went over to a creek and he tried to teach me for the millionth time to skip rocks (i didn't notice it then, but he wouldn't bend over to pick up the rocks because the ring was in his shirt pocket). I kept looking at his pant pockets to see if maybe he had a ring box, then i told myself that was silly, he and rae didn't buy anything. soon, a man and his little son came walking down the path and starting playing in the creek too (ruining nathan's plans to do it in the next two minutes) so we started to walk back to the car and at one point he had to hold some bushes back so i could walk around a fallen tree. after i was all clear, he took my arm, pulled me to him, kissed me, then said, "Lindsay, will you marry me?" "Yes!!!" I looked down at the hand he had put between us and saw my gorgeous emerald cut diamond, look back at him, kissed him again, hugged him, and he asked if i was going to put it on. we ran back to the car and i immediately called my parents, and everyone under the sun. we opted for a local restraunt instead so we could make the rounds and see all of our families. my parents were grinning from ear to ear because he had called them both a few days earlier to ask permission (he wanted to do it in person but work schedules didn't match up). Before he left his house that night, he told his parents and brothers he was thinking of doing it, so when we stopped at their house, they were trying to act like normal because they weren't sure if he had done it or not. when we told them we were engaged, they jumped out of their chairs and gave a champagne toast. it was the best night. sorry this was so long, i just love this story.

BlushingBride03 Posts : 220 Registered: 7/15/06
Posted: Jul 21, 2006 3:07 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Mine was totally unexpected.

He said he wanted to take me out to a nice dinner, which got me a little suspicious, so we were all dressed up and ready to go. From the kitchen he called, "you left something in the microwave!" i was like, "what the hell are you talking about?" and stomped into the kitchen with one shoe on, carrying the other, and flew open the microwave door- and there it was. I was in complete shock.

We went out to dinner and celebrated and had a wonderful evening, he managed to make it a complete surprise and still have a nice , elegant night!!  

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine