Devastated- sort of WR

Online Users: 1,311 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

AlohaAroha Posts : 686 Registered: 3/30/06
Re: Devastated- sort of WR
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 2:33 AM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

You have my deepest sympathy.  I hope and pray that things turn out alright for you.

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jul 1, 2006 3:05 AM Go to message in response to: AlohaAroha

Just had to add this because it was so unbelievable.  I had a doctor appointment today that was unrelated to any GYN/fertility problems.  FH came with me because I am still on lots of post-op painkillers and cannot drive yet.  Thanks goodness he did.  The waiting room was unusually crowded and I had to wait an hour for my appointment.  Well, 45 minutes into it the woman sitting next to me says "I'm so excited, I just have to show someone" and out she pulls a sonogram of her grandson.  She couldn't have known she was showing it to someone who just found out that they will probably never be able to carry their own child and, although I really wanted to burst into tears, I held it together long enough to congratulate her, make some small talk about his due date, name, etc.  FH was sitting next to me and he couldn't belive I wasn't having a breakdown.  I DID have a breakdown when we finally got into the examination room and away from the eyes of all the strangers.

I had thought I was OK and could go out in public without fear of breaking down but now I'm not sure.  There were two absolutely adorable babies there, too, but I was fortunately sitting with my back to them.  I am afraid that I will be somewhere stupid like the grocery store and see a cute kid and start crying.

And, yes, I will look into therapy after the holiday weekend.  I went to a therapist back in October after I had been sick for a month and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.  I saw her a few times but it didn't do me any good.  I was sick with this for a year and a half in 2001- 2003, too, and saw a couple of different therapists and, again, they did not do me any good except make me annoyed by having to go to yet another doctor appointment.

I know this is personal but if anyone has had any success with therapy for anything traumatic I would love to know what they did to help you.  You can email me at aurora_98_12@hotmail.com to contact me directly.

Posted: Jul 1, 2006 10:46 AM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

I too am sorry to hear that you got any kind of bad news, wether it be now(before your wedding) or later.  I agree with the others and think you should get more opinions...and it's great that your FH is there with you, you shouldn't have to be alone, and that shows that he does truely love you and wants to be with you. I'm hoping for you that it doesn't have to end with you having the hysterectomy.  Also, I hope that nobody does make the suggestions to your FH that because you may not be able to have children that he shouldn't marry you, because there are other options, and love isn't based on the number of children you have, it's based on your feelings for eachother, anyone that can tell you different should reconsider their advise giving skills.  Good luck and your in my thoughts.

Posted: Jul 1, 2006 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

I'm so sorry that you're going through this.  I know it doesn't help much, but there are a lot ways to have children in your life and you just never know what life will bring.  I wish you the best.

Posted: Jul 1, 2006 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

If it makes you feel any better, I had a very similar experience about a year ago. I became pregnant and miscarried at 6 weeks...the same day that I lost my baby, my FSIL gave birth to her daugther, and we went to the hospital to see her. It was the hardest and most awful experience of my life. I wanted to be so happy for her, and the baby was so beautiful, but I just wanted to scream, it hurt so bad. ***hugs to you*** from someone who's been there.

Daisypath PicDaisypath Ticker

40somethingbride Posts : 240 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jul 2, 2006 8:05 PM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

Please get a second opinion from a OB-GYN at a regional referral center or larger city. It sounds to me like you might be able to do the meds, take a break, then have a baby? Most hysterectomies are really not necessary. Please get another opinion (now that you have a diagnosis)before you make a decision!!!! If this is truely the case-consider freezing eggs and possible surrogacy. I hope for the best and you are in my thoughts

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine