Patiently waiting.....Any advice!

Online Users: 1,360 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 20

misses Posts : 91 Registered: 8/2/06
Re: Patiently waiting.....Any advice!
Posted: Aug 27, 2006 5:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree that maybe you should ask him. I wasn't feeling the pressure but he was getting it from his family. He finally proposed a month ago without a ring. It was really beautiful and I didn't care that he hadn't bought the ring yet, cause now I get to go with him to pick it out. We are planning on shopping for it on my birthday in 2 weeks. I'll probably cry all over again.

Posted: Sep 2, 2006 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow...It's good to know there are others... yet it's so hardYell, because that's all I think about...Does it happen to you girls too??Frown Everywhere we go I think to myself "this could be it"! But nope. The other day him & I were talking about this and he revealed to me that he was really stressed out about finding the right ring and proposing in a nice way. He told me he wanted a big ring for me and that findind one and saving the $ for it would take him a long time. And of course I told him that I don't need a huge ring or a huge proposal. My advice for you would be to make it clear that you are not expecting something huge and that this is about you two becoming one. Something that I realized is that a girl needs to boost her b/f's self esteem. I personally think that's how guys work...tell him that you love him and that whatever he chooses (as to how he is going to propose, or the ring) will be wonderful because its not about the "how" (how he does it or how big the ring is) but about the "who". Make sure you make it clear that it is HIM you are looking fwd to spending the rest of your life with! Just encourage him...guys like that Smile

Posted: Sep 7, 2006 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ah - more of you in the boat I'm in! My boyfriend will be proposing as soon as he saves enough to pay cash for my ring. He's even asked my dad's permission! At least this past weekend we discussed our guest list so I could start doing some planning. I want to be married next fall, and I want a year to plan, so I was "miss pressure" this past weekend. When he understood that giving me a ballpark number of guests would be a huge help, we did that. Now I feel more comfortable doing some planning and waiting for the ring. We've been together a little over 4 years. The funny thing is, he always said that 30 seemed like the right age to get married, well, he's 29 now, and will be 30 in Feb. Looks like we're right on track :)

bride4life Posts : 499 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Sep 11, 2006 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Four years here before the proposal!!!  Waiting is hard, but worth it in the end if you know he is 'the one'.

5in3 Posts : 806 Registered: 8/15/06
Posted: Sep 12, 2006 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: bride4life

Hey,

I guess you could say that I am wating too.  Boyfriend and I are going to get married, we have secret plans and a secret maybe date, however, we just postponed our engagement.  I am in 5 weddings this summer, he is in 3 none are the same wedding.  We have so many friends who need us to be there for them that it seems wrong to add another wedding to that.  So we decided to wait even longer to get engaged.  We both know our personalities, and it would be a hard temptation for us not to steal attention from others.  Which isn't right at all!!!!  So we are waiting.  It does not mean I am not preparing though.  I am on these boards to help my friends, but I still get ideas.  AND I took a second job so that I coudl save for the wedding.  This way by the time we do get engaged we will have enough to pay for the wedding of our dreams.

never the bride, always a bridemaid...or a groomswoman....and totally thrilled to help my friends.

dcbride Posts : 7 Registered: 9/16/06
Posted: Sep 16, 2006 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Don't worry. It seems as if he wants to do things the traditional way (with the ring). He seems to be prioritizing so that he can get you the ring you want the first time. Be patient and thankful that you have a good man. When you do get engaged, if you are in the D.C. area, check out www.elegantwedandevents.com. they are great. In the meantime, start saving for your wedding, it is not what everyone expects it would be as far as cost.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine