Wrist loop for carrying dress

Online Users: 1,246 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

March32007 Posts : 118 Registered: 5/10/06
Wrist loop for carrying dress
Posted: Jun 13, 2006 10:06 AM

I am wondering if anyone has any opinion about using the wrist loop for carrying the train of the dress.  i am really not a big fan of the bustle idea, and think that the wrist loop is more elegant.  Is anyone else using one?  Where are they placed on the train? 

Thanks Girls!

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Re: Wrist loop for carrying dress
Posted: Jun 13, 2006 10:58 AM Go to message in response to: March32007

It's actually not a wrist loop, it's for hanging up the dress. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's considered kind of tacky to hold the train up using that loop. If you really want a wrist loop, you need a loop sewn in a different spot on the dress. The one you are referring to is not for the wrist.

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 11:23 AM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

The newly sewn in loop is what I was referring to.  I would never consider using a hanging cord as a means of transporting my gown around.  That would be tacky, so thankfully I am not that much of an idiot to think that was a "perk" of the dress

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 11:31 AM Go to message in response to: March32007

I don't think it would have made you an idiot, I just wanted to make sure you knew that b/c a lot of women do use the loop that way. Actually my bridal consultant told me that, and I wouldn't have known, and I don't think that would have made me an idiot.

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

I remember back when the wrist loop was the best way to hold the train of the gown up, otherwise you either had to toss it over your arm or you went with a gown without a train.

I think the wrist loop is very nice, my older sister did that with her gown.  Smile

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 12:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree, I think wrist loops are very Cinderella. Didn't she dance with the prince holding it up like that?

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: RomanticGirl

i like the idea of it, but was worried it would be grandma ish.  I am glad you ladies like it.  Romantic girl, your dress is gorgeous.  What is the style/theme to your wedding?

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

Personally I think it would be a pain to have to hold onto my dress all night.  Seems to me like it would just get in the way.

spring07bride Posts : 363 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2006 3:54 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

MY FSIL's bustle wouldn't cooperate for her reception so she gave up and used the loop.  She said it didn't bother her one bit.  I personally would think that'd be a pain in the butt if you have a big heavy train, but if that's what you like then def. go for it, I think it's a personal opinion thing. 

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 5:20 PM Go to message in response to: spring07bride

If that's what you like then go for it.  I have 2 concerns with the wrist loop, the first is that it would probably get heavy and you'll get tired of carrying it all night.  The second concern is that you get hugged a lot at weddings, and if you have your dress around your wrist, it would be hard to give someone a nice hug without pulling your dress over your head.  I'm not knocking it, if that's what you want to do, it's just not something that I wanted to do.

Message was edited by Cadash on Jun 13, 2006 5:23 PM

Posted: Jun 13, 2006 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Thanks March! I'm havign a hard time committing to it. I still haven't bought it. I always thought I'd get a white gown, but I fell in love with this one. originally I thought my theme would be ethereal/cosmic. But now it's turned into fairy land (flowers and butterflies). Maybe I can turn it into a moonlit fairlyand? These are some inspirational pictures of the feel I want to go for (I also love all those Waterhouse paintings and wanted to stick to that sort of whimsical feel):

Sorry, didn't meant to stray from your topic of the wrist thing, but I think the wrist thing would be lovely. Perhaps you could have them sew in some loops in case you get tired and want to bustle it.

Valora Posts : 1 Registered: 10/6/11
Posted: Oct 6, 2011 12:48 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

I am planning on using a wrist loop as well..its a more old fashioned way of carrying the train..and many think alot more elegant!!

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 7:04 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine