Panic already??

Online Users: 1,299 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Katz Posts : 1 Registered: 6/9/06
Panic already??
Posted: Jun 9, 2006 7:13 PM

We just got engaged 3 days ago and have had a whirlwind of a week. We're planning on having a small wedding in Spain and already the disagreements are kicking in as my parents invited a couple my fiance doesn't particularly like! Is this normal?? How long should we be on cloud nine??? Even though its a year away already i can fell the panic setting in with stress, minor arguments etc! 

Re: Panic already??
Posted: Jun 9, 2006 7:28 PM Go to message in response to: Katz

if its any consolation, i started fighting wiht my mom the week after i got engaged. we still love eachother and have since gotten over itSmile one of my bigger issues was i hadnt intially viewed it as HER day too. no matter what any ID bride tells you (see freud) it is about making everyone happy and this is a HUGE day for MOB (though don't go overboard with your accomdations to her, just remember to keep some of her requests in mind...) either way, i hope you find a quick resolve. and FYI, i think cloud 9 resumes ont he wedding day Wink

Re: Panic already??
Posted: Jun 9, 2006 7:40 PM Go to message in response to: Katz

First of all, congrats and welcome to the boards!!  Being engaged is really exciting, especially those first two or three weeks.  If you feel like the stress is getting too much for you, just tell anyone who is stressing you out that you want to simply enjoy being engaged, and that you'll start talking wedding in a few weeks.  Ask your mom to please wait on inviting/making any decisions until the two of you can talk about it.  Also, your FH and you should have your own discussion about what kind of wedding you want, how big, etc. That way when someone asks one of you what you think, you're both on the same page.  Plus, then you won't be put on the spot.

Good luck, and welcome!  Em   

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine