dreaming about EX...

Online Users: 1,325 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
dreaming about EX...
Posted: May 31, 2006 11:44 AM

ok, i am getting married in a little over a month. i love FH without a doubt. i am very excited. well about a week ago i say my ex's mom working at the local wawa. ever since i have been having erotic dreams about him. the dreams are actually quite pleasant. i dont wake up all skeeved out or anything.

now mind you, i broke up with the ex for MANY good reasons. he is a professional underacheiver, he hasn't been to the dentist is over 6 years (GROSS!!!!), oh and he is a major ALCHOHOLIC. so i deff dont regret not being with him. FH has much better character IMO and i love him even more for that.

But the question is, has anyone else had these sort of dreams about ex's? does anyone know why a bride might??? i totally DO NOT have cold feet. i am ready for marriageLaughing. but i do find these dreams a bit odd.

BB84 Posts : 388 Registered: 3/31/06
Re: dreaming about EX...
Posted: May 31, 2006 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yes. Its totally normal to dream about people who were once part of our lives, particularly when something triggers it.  I actually saw my ex's mom at my little brother's graduation and had a dream about him that night!  I haven't dreamed of him since, and I'm not worried about it. 

RomanticGirl Posts : 777 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 31, 2006 11:56 AM Go to message in response to: BB84

as long as you didn't wake up next to him, i don't think you should worry Wink

Posted: May 31, 2006 12:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have come to realize that you can never control what you dream about. Whatever memories or ideas or whatever your brain decides to hone in on while your asleep is up to your brain! I had a dream just like yours a few nights ago... very weird because I haven't seen this guy in a long time..... wasn't an ex, just a fling from college. It was kinda nice though, it was almost good to visit with someone I hadn't seen in a while? I don't know... I suppose this happens to all brides... while I don't think even the erotic dreams mean anything, but it does bother me when I think that FH probably has these dreams too... ick.

Posted: May 31, 2006 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I read an article about this recently.  Basically, it says that ex dreams are pretty normal.  They're kind of a "mental clearing out of the closet".  Also, there is a big differentcetween having a dream and acting on it.  

Posted: May 31, 2006 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow -- I have been having the same experience!  Extremely vivid and spicy dreams of former flames.  As much as I love FH, it's not like our wedding will erase history, and I would not want it to.  I was nuts about some of these guys, but I am not with them now, because they are my past, not my present or future.  I am glad to have known (most of) them, and I have no regrets about time spent with (most of) them, so I have enjoyed the "visits" rather than not.  If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine