Hello All!

Online Users: 1,240 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5
Hello All!
Posted: May 31, 2006 9:52 AM

Morning All!

I'm new around the forums but have been sneeking around looking at them and ideas for weddings. I'm not yet engaged, but it's coming soon. I love this site and all the help you all provide for each other.

I do have a few questions maybe you can help me out. Has anyone used a wedding planning software? I heard they were more organized and useful. Also, it seems that 3/4ths of brides wait a year to get married? Why? Does it actually take a whole year to plan it? Since we've started talking about getting married, I've looked around at what I want and don't want. I believe I can do it quickly. Just a few questions to get myself out on the forum!

Soon To Be Bride!

Re: Hello All!
Posted: May 31, 2006 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Welcome!  I haven't using wedding planning software.  You can plan in less than a year, but it can be easier to get the vendors and venues you want and to get good bargains if you have more time to plan.

Posted: May 31, 2006 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am so happy i had the amount of time that i had...it is way less stressful to have more time to plan we had a year and a half and basically all my stuff is done and im a month out... it can def be done under a year but i recommed giving yourself lots of time...especially to book vendors mainly a reception place sometimes they are booked 2 years out! good luck to you in your planning.... Since i had so much time i was able to have fun with it not let it get to me...(not yet anyway!)

Posted: May 31, 2006 3:59 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I haven't used any wedding planning software.  TheKnot.com has a really good checklist that i've been using to keep tabs on stuff that needs done.  It all depends on what part of the country you live in as to if you need a year.  I live in NE Ohio and we're planning ours in a little over 6 months time.  We had to be flexable on our date and everything fell into place.  Since you have in mind of what you want, you can certainly do it less then a year - just get your location booked.

Posted: May 31, 2006 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi and welcome to the Board. I don't know about software but can shed some light on your other question. I planned my wedding in ten months. I don't think there is a certain amount of time that works out better. For us we wanted a Spring wedding and took a date that the location we wanted was available. Depending on the type of wedding you want it can take longer to plan - ie the popular venues and vendors may be booked up to a year in advance. I was surprised that it can take a really long time to order dresses, ie when we ordered BM dresses, they said to leave 16 weeks (they came in 10). You should also think about how much time you can dedicate to planning, if you are really busy, you might want to give yourself more time. Hope that helps!

SaraDavis Posts : 5 Registered: 2/7/13
Posted: Mar 14, 2013 1:00 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi @soon-to-be-bride

That's definitely a big YES, but the thing is I don't know any software, well for sure there must be one on eBay. I might give it a try. Thanks for bringing up a great idea.

Cheers !

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine