MichBride and other June 17/18 brides

Online Users: 1,277 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 13
MichBride and other June 17/18 brides
Posted: May 17, 2006 3:37 PM

OMG!  We are a month away....wow!

Re: MichBride and other June 17/18 brides
Posted: May 17, 2006 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although due to my recent issues, I wish I was like 4 months away still so I wouldn't have to freak out... ugh!!!!!!!!

-

But I still can't wait... I just can't wait to be married to my FH. I don't want to deal with anymore wedding crap I just want to be MARRIED!

Posted: May 17, 2006 5:05 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

This last month is going to go so quickly!! Be prepared!! I thought I was all strong and mighty and ready for the big day, with nothing left to do.... but no...., I had to cry during the whole ceremony liek a little baby! It is going to come so quickly that you won't know what hit ya!!Laughing I can't wait to be hearing about your big day when it finally comes!! Everything is going to go pefect... you'll see!

Posted: May 17, 2006 6:19 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I agree!! I can't believe that it's only a month away!!! We're getting married, ladies!!!!

Posted: May 18, 2006 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am totally freaking out now! My friend was supposed to play the piano during the ceremony (I have a degree in opera performance, and he was my accompanist all through college).  Then I called him a few days ago to send him the music...and he responds with " I don't know what you're talking about...I am going away the whole summer"  Stupid prick...I'm pissed...but it's all going to work out anyway.

My voice teacher is playing for me...and she's terrific.

I woke up this morning after a honeymoon nightmare, and decided that that is it, I don't want to get married anymore! LOL!

My nightmare was that he couldnt go on the honeymoon with me because of work, and that my cousin, parents, aunt and grandparents all went with me to upstate NY for a honeymoon.  I couldn't find anyone, and I was pissed because I was on my honeymoon practically alone.  It was weird.  In reality, we are going to Puerto Rico...not upstate NY...so weird.

Are you ladies freaking out too....

Posted: May 18, 2006 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Yep! most definitely!!! I feel like I haven't gotten anything done, I have a HUGE long list of things to do, and I don't know where to start!!!!

A couple of weeks ago it stormed really bad here, and it hailed and sleeted. So that night I had a nightmare that it happened on my wedding day. :( And I was so dissappointed that we couldn't take outside pictures that I called the whole thing off!!!! Weird!!!!!

I'm glad everything worked out for you with your voice teacher. Good musicians are sometimes hard to come by!!!

Posted: May 18, 2006 10:31 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

They say that when it rains, it's good luck...so don't worry if it rains!!!

I woke up this morning so freaked out, I looked over at Phill (FH) and told him that I couldn't go through with it....I was like, "I CANT IM SO NERVOUS!"

I spoke with my dad this mornign and told him how I was freaking out, and he just started laughing at me!!!

I don't doubt us, I am just nervous.  Which my dad told me is TOTALLY normal....GOOD!

Posted: May 22, 2006 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Four weeks to go ladies!!!!! :)

-

What are some things you have left to do?

Here's what I have left:

-Call the 25% of my guest list who didn't RSVP by the deadline

-Go over music with the DJ

-Pick out songs for the ceremony musicians

-Buy a garter and purse

-Buy flip flops for the reception

-Make a card box for the reception

-Buy a guest book

-Make the ceremony programs - omg I totally almost forgot about those!!!!!!!!!

-Buy my bridesmaids their gifts

I think thats all - I hope thats all!!!!! What do you ladies have left to do???

Posted: May 22, 2006 11:13 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You only have 25%???? We have like 75% who haven't RSVP'd yet!!!!  

I still need to get my jewelry (I changed my mind on what i wanted to wear). 
-This week I have a last meeting with the florist and my hair and make-up run-thru.
- next week is the dj.
-we still need to get gifts for the groomsmen and parents, personal attendent, etc.
-make guest book
-programs
-card box (thanks for reminding me!!!)
-assign stuff to people for clean up
-finalize a fire truck for our pictures
-move into our apartment
-I swear I'm forgetting so many things!!!!!!

Posted: May 23, 2006 7:47 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I still have a ton of stuff to do!

Final hair run thru

Out of towner gift packages

day of undergarments

SHOES

Thank you's

Figure out which of my grandmothers jewelery I will be wearing

Get marriage liscence

Groomsman Gifts

Programs

Finalize music for band/cocktail hour/ceremony

ooooh i'm forgetting SO much!

Posted: May 23, 2006 7:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

OMG I totally forgot out of towner packages!!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!! I have no time for this stuff :(

Posted: May 23, 2006 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest
Posted: May 23, 2006 10:36 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I am going to be putting a little baggy filled with Hershey's Hugs, Kisses and Dove promises with a note that says "A marriage of bliss starts with a hug, promise and a kiss".

Then I will have bottled water in each one, some metro maps (I'm in DC), some museum information, and a little box of cereal....I think that's it.

What about you guys?

Posted: May 23, 2006 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Someone actually gave me this idea last week, and I really liked it, I just have to talk it over with FH. We're putting some brochures of area parks adn restaurants and things, but most of our relatives are only coming from Friday to Sunday. But the idea is - having a "taste of Wisconsin" theme. So having Wisconsin recipies in the bag, root beer from our local beer brewery, dried cranberries, jelly from a local cheese facory, potato chips, chocolate from another nearby store, and postcards of Lambeau Field, etc. I'll probably tweak it a little, but I thought it was a neat idea, especially because most of our family have never visited us here, and has never been to the state.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine