anyone else need to lose alot of weight before their big day?

Online Users: 1,355 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 124
Posted: Jun 19, 2005 2:49 AM

I weigh 185 and would like to get down to 135-145 before my wedding in july of 2006. I dont have anybody up here where I live to talk to about losing my weight. If any other brides out there need support like me to lose the weight or have any tips on how to lose this weight please reply and leave messages for me. I will reply. ty Cool Wink

Posted: Jun 19, 2005 11:14 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I was 184 two years ago. Im now 152. Although I was 165 for almost a year, as Id lost some of my motivation. Since getting engaged in December, I got a lot of my motivation back. My goal weight is 135. Im getting married in June of 2006. Ive got tons of ideas. Email me if you'd like to. Its in my member profile.

Posted: Jun 19, 2005 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I TOTALLY need to lose weight. Not just for my wedding, but for my health.

At the beginning of this month I was 196. I am now 188. I am hoping to be down to 155-160 by the wedding. After the wedding, I'm hoping to get down to 135.

Good luck in your weight loss journey.

I do a lot of exercise, but this is what I've done foodwise. I don't believe in dieting, just eating well.
-No eating after supper (really hard for me)
-Alcohol only on special occassions (My fiance and I would split a 6 pack of beer every weekend)
-Cut down on sweets and junk food. I still have chocolate and other things, but rather than eating a whole chocolate bar, I eat 1 small chocolate and I'm satisfied.
-I completely cut fast food and processed foods out of my diet.

What happened to me is that I got so insanely busy with university I didn't make the time to eat well or exercise. SO I gained a lot of weight (20lbs) in one month.

Keenanscajunangel, I think your goal is very realistic, and I think it is doable. You have a lot of time. However, don't be like me. I started all of this in january, and got really stressed out and gained back all the weight I'd lost.

GOod luck ladies.

Posted: Jun 20, 2005 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I wanted to lose weight, and started to excercise more, but I guess since I wasn't really overweight in the first place I didn't lose any, though I did tone up a lot. I finally went on a 1200 calorie diet, and it worked right away. I don't do that daily, but I did use it as my guideline. It is easier than it seems. I switched to mustard from mayo. I started drinking diet coke or water instead of regular soda. I stopped eating fast food, except for occasionally, which I ate daily. If you just become aware of how many calories the foods you eat have, you can make healthier choices. Like, a soft pretzel instead of a cookie at the mall. I have a book that has calorie counts in it. If you cut down on calories, make sure you excercise (cardio) to keep you metabolism up, otherwise it will drop drastically. I joined a Curves, it is easy, fast and has REALLY helped me. Definitely eat breakfast to start your metabolism for the day. Try not to eat too close to bedtime. Watch out for frozen dinners and stuff like that with high sodium that will make you retain water and gain weight in the long run. It is really easy to eat less calories and burn more. That's all you have to do, there's no trick to weight loss. Good luck!

Posted: Jun 21, 2005 3:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Keebanscajunangel,

congratulations on taking the first step to improving your health. I've lost 80 pounds and have kept it off over the last three years. Your goal is very realistic and with the right tools, it will be very easy to attain. The hardest part is staying motivated.

Keep on track by setting an exercise routine. Dedicate three or four days a week to working out. No matter what. Even if you don't feel up for it, force yourself to go. You'll ALWAYS feel better afterward. The one thing that's worked for me is taking group exercise classes at my local gym. Most health clubs offer a variety of classes at various times of the day. Fun classes like cardio kickboxing, cycling, step-aerobics, yoga, etc. They're a lot of fun, and you meet other people with the same healthy habits you're trying to obtain.

When it comes to dieting - moderation is key. Eat the right amount of carbs, protein and fat. Everyone is different - and the percentages vary based on fitness level. Make healthier choices, for example - choose fresh fruit or veggies over processed chips or crackers, etc etc. Writing down and keeping track of everything I eat daily works wonders for me. Granted, it's a pain in the neck but it works.

I have a great excel spreadsheet that can help keep track of everything for you. E-mail me at littlebeans213@yahoo.com and I will send it to you.

Good luck with everything. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions. I would be more than happy to help you. Whatever you do, don't give up! There's no room for failure, you're getting married!!!!!!!!

Stacy

Posted: Jun 22, 2005 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hey,
I have a huge amount of weight to lose, and want to lose at least another 60 lb before I get married next summer.
I started out at 312, and 4 months after joining Weight watchers, and starting to excercise I have lost 65lb (now 247 lb). Its not always easy, but if you keep in mind why you are doing this, and what you want to achieve, you will definitely get there in the end.

If you ever want to talk or need some motivation, please feel free to mail me. jane.dickson@btinternet.com

Posted: Jun 23, 2005 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Congrats to all you Brides-to-Be trying to lose weight and choosing healthier lifestyles. I was overweight two years ago when my fiance and I started dating. I was in a very very bad ski accident and my life completely changed. I have severe neck injuries that keep me from running 3 miles a day and doing every type of activity under the sun that I did pre-accident. My fiance put me on the South Beach diet, cooking all my meals, preparing snacks, shopping for food for me and getting me a Total Gym. Within 4 months I went from 180 to 137. I have put a bit back on and I am at 144 right now. I would love to get down to 135 for the big day and am struggling with the last few pounds. It can be done Trust me I am living proof. The South Beach Diet works and is not all that hard to do. It really helps if you have a great support system. That's #1. Good luck to you all and don't give up!!!

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 4:35 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi, I seriously need to lose weight - I guess I'm around 190 pounds too.
For the past 10 years I have been on and off diets, trying to exercise regularly and EVERY year I say this is it, this is the year I'm going to lose the weight.
I joined a gym about 6 weeks ago but haven't been for 4 weeks.
I work nights, starting at 7pm, so I find it hard to get motivated during the day before work (I always have the "I have to go to work" feeling hanging over my head) and then at work I just sit on a computer and occasionally get up for a walk to the chocolate vending machine!
All of my meals are thrown out and I find it hard to stick to diets.
My FH is planning on proposing in a few months and I want to lose weight fir that firstly, then our Hawaii holiday in November and then the wedding which we think will be late 2007.
Plenty of time but plenty of work to do!
I just have no willpower - I want a chocolate, I have a chocolate. I don't even think about til afterwards, and go "hmm.. I shouldn't have eaten that!"
I also have no motivation - unfortunately losing weight and looking good isn't doing it for me at the moment!
I'm thinking about seeing a therapist for motivation, and maybe a hypnotist to help stop eating so much!
Anybody tried either approach????

Posted: Jun 24, 2005 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have never lost a large amount of weight, but my best friend/MOH lost about 70 pounds by following the food pyramid and cutting her calories to about 1500. She didn't really start working out till she got her eating under control. She cut out fast food as well as most processed foods. By learning about the pyramid she learned alot about portion sizes and she says that made a huge difference. Good luck.

Posted: Jun 26, 2005 8:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I, too, am trying to loose weight for my wedding in June 2006. I have been going down slowly. When I became engaged, I was 225 lbs. Now, I am 198 lbs. I have lost some weight, but I still have a lot to go. My ideal goal is 170 lbs. my weight prior to my last child. Then I would work on getting to my high school weight of 150lbs. My frame looks weird under 140lbs. It takes time, honor and determination. With future weddings ahead for us, it could be done. Just think of the big picture. You in that white dress, floating on a cloud of happiness, down the aisle, in total happiness, to that ever expecting chap waiting for you at the end of the aisle. That should give you the motivation needed to reach your goal. Wink

Posted: Jun 27, 2005 12:34 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You make a good point, Robyn, about incremental goals. If you've got 60 lbs to lose, that can seem rather daunting, but if you focus on "the next 10" it seems more doable. GOod luck to all of you !

Posted: Jul 4, 2005 10:04 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

hi all, i now wiegh 176 about 5 yrs ago i was 343lbs. yes it has took 4 years to get most of the wieght off the last year i have lost motivation so i go between 172 to 176 i still workout everyday but sat. but i tell you girls it is tiring my email is in my profile Smile

Posted: Jul 4, 2005 11:54 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

i weigh 146 but i want to get down to 135, not so much for the wedding (those wedding dresses work wonders) but because Im moving from england to texas where i will be in shorts every day lol

Posted: Jul 6, 2005 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Another 4 pounds ladies!

I am now 184.

Eating in moderation. Common sense. Exercise. It works.

Posted: Jul 11, 2005 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Smile I got engaged in January and I joined Curves in march I've lost almost 10 lbs and 5 in.. and I havn't been all that faithful to my work out but this has worked for me even without dieting... just an idea Smiles

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine